[1.2] NavHud - a NavBall inspired Heads Up Display - 1.3.3

Ninenium

I have observed a grafical glitch which turns up when I select a waypoint on minmus (don't know if this is related to minmus, that's just where I've seen it). Could an icon be missing in the build?

I the screen shot you can clearly see a white square. I think it must be related to nav hud, since it happens when selecting a waypoint, and I get a null exception

[EXC 21:13:20.403] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    NavHud.WaypointMarker.LoadTexture ()
    NavHud.MainBehaviour.OnPreCull ()

Log file

Also se picture two below

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue Warezcrawler. This seems to be related to the interaction between Waypoint Manager and NAVHud: Got a white square for some waypoints defined by a contract. As a side note, Raster Prop Monitor mod also has issue rendering the NAV Ball into a MFD when waypoints are activated...

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

Any suggestions?  

Find the config.xml buried within navhud folders. Edit the X and Y posistions in the following passage to move the text:

-<rect name="hud text position">
<xmin>940</xmin>
<xmax>1044</xmax>
<ymin>756</ymin>
<ymax>831</ymax>

Have not tried it myself, but seems legit

what would it require for this mod to be able to switch reference to things like the celestial plane or equatorials of focused/other bodies? (that would really help in map view)

• 4 weeks later...

yea, when i turn on the indicator "Y" i get a yellow line from the center of my craft to the edge of the screen and the only thing that shows up is the info (speed/alt-text/numbers)

this mod is awesome

HUD currently does not work in KSP. Text is there but not markers. I ran KSP 1.1.3 with NavHud as the only mod. Got this error over and over in the log file:

[EXC 18:14:46.772] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'FinePrint.WaypointManager.navIsActive'.

Log file is here:

Edited by spaceman_spff

8 hours ago, spaceman_spff said:

HUD currently does not work in KSP

Not updated. As there has been no recent (April 20) activity on Github, I posted an issue there so @Ninenium and @iPeer will be aware of the incompatibility. It is not guaranteed that they frequent these forum pages all too often.

SkyKaptn was right... I got a notification via Github. Apparently I am not following my own tread:blush:.

It seems that some of the definitions regarding the waypoints were changed, which caused the malfunctioning of navhud. I decided to remove this functionality as it was already half broken and it is the easiest way to make navhud work again.

Nice!!

Well i finally managed to dock without NavHUD, for the very first time in first try, but it makes things much easier especially with heavy crafts.

Thank you so much for this mod!

This mod is simple and useful.
This mod helped it very much I made a formation flight with friends and to do a shooting game on DMP multi-play.
Thank you for updating.
Best wishes to the author and the universe!

Edited by EBOSHI

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I reached out to Ninenium to see if he would have an issue with me helping maintain the mod if he's stepping away from the mod scene. I've created a Pull Request for him to merge in with his version but until then you can d/l the GameData folder which has the new plugin and the NavHud.version updated.

https://github.com/bwheatley/NavHud

Shimmy and I have both tested and it works ok.

This was the commit just FYI https://github.com/bwheatley/NavHud/commit/9e2d66ec488de7b5bada5d870988135f6374be3c

Also just doing this to help out the community, hopefully I did not break any rules, if I did sorry go ahead and blow this away. :)

edit: Grammar 

Edited by bwheatley

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:34 PM, bwheatley said:

I reached out to Ninenium to see if he would have an issue with me helping maintain the mod if he's stepping away from the mod scene. I've created a Pull Request for him to merge in with his version but until then you can d/l the GameData folder which has the new plugin and the NavHud.version updated.

https://github.com/bwheatley/NavHud

Shimmy and I have both tested and it works ok.

This was the commit just FYI https://github.com/bwheatley/NavHud/commit/9e2d66ec488de7b5bada5d870988135f6374be3c

Also just doing this to help out the community, hopefully I did not break any rules, if I did sorry go ahead and blow this away. :)

edit: Grammar 

Thanks mate. works great for me too, I hope Nine' accepts your help, I see your respectful with rights etc.

..and as always, Thanks Ninenium for this ESSENTIAL mod <3

• 2 weeks later...

Did something just change all of a sudden in KSP? Out of the blue my Navhud is behaving erratic. There is a nullref (object reference is not set to an instance of an object) and my text has moved up to the top left corner, there are no lines being drawn either. The NAVhud icon also disappeared from my list.

M1ErwZ1.png

Edit: Nevermind the above. It was Contract Configurator that trashed Blizzy's toolbar and then led to an cascade of errors.

Edited by SkyKaptn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.