[0.90] Orbital Material Science version 0.6

N3h3mia

In the current version of OMS there are quite some experiment and equipment parts in your part list and this is going to be worse in the future. This is why I add a generic lab equipment and generic experiment containers. The different experiments and lab equipments will still show up in the tech tree but not in the part list in the VAB. As a replacement you can add one of the generic transport containers and choose the experiment or the equipment it should transport. You can move around experiments between empty containers on your vessel. To run an experiment you need to install it in the lab, the container it was stored before is then free to return an other finished experiment.

This chances a lot internally, unfortunately this means the coming update will not be backwards compatible and will not work with old save games. Additional this means a lot of testing to create an as bug free as possible update. If you are adventurous enough and motivated to help me out as a beta tester send me a PM. I’ll have a test version with the described part of the next version by the weekend, hopefully. I plan to add new parts, maybe even a new lab to the next release, so theres a lot to come. Here some pics of the work in progress:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

if i were to deorbit any flights with the current parts in place i assume i'd be okay to go ahead and beta test?

I actually initially came here to try and get help squashing a bug since i keep getting spammed with "[NE] Stop Alarm" in the debug menu and it's really dragging performance to a crawl. Though before that when i was in EVA with my kerbal it was throwing several null reference exceptions along with the stop alarms.

included a screenshot with the parts i have on the station if that helps

http://imgur.com/a/0CwYA

if i were to deorbit any flights with the current parts in place i assume i'd be okay to go ahead and beta test?

http://imgur.com/a/0CwYA

That should work, your tech tree might would show some duplicated part but the rest should work.

I actually initially came here to try and get help squashing a bug since i keep getting spammed with "[NE] Stop Alarm" in the debug menu and it's really dragging performance to a crawl. Though before that when i was in EVA with my kerbal it was throwing several null reference exceptions along with the stop alarms.

The null reference exceptions would interesting. The debug output is my fault sorry, I forgot to disable the debug output. In future releases this can be changed using a settings files. Unfortunately I have not created a branch for the 0.5 release and and the current version of the code is quite different. That's why you have to wait for the next release. Sorry.

The null reference exceptions would interesting. The debug output is my fault sorry, I forgot to disable the debug output. In future releases this can be changed using a settings files. Unfortunately I have not created a branch for the 0.5 release and and the current version of the code is quite different. That's why you have to wait for the next release. Sorry.

Good to know that it's at least meant to be there and isn't some mystery error at least, thanks for the expedient reply and i'll be sending you a PM.

Just hopping in to say I've been playing with the External materials experiments on a new save, and I'm loving them. They're actually giving me some practice for my atrocious EVA skills, and some useful science on my single Kerbal missions before I've unlocked enough solar to do Radar flights.

I'm looking forward to playing with the station side equipment, and can't wait to see where you take this next.

Having trouble starting the KEES experiments. Sent up a batch to my existing station (with the Kibble Ferry) and pulled the rack out, installed it on the main station (assuming to leave it there) then loaded an experiment cartridge (briefcase?). But neither the EVA kerbal nor the station have access to a "start" experiment option. I can grab and store. I tried 2 experiments but no joy on either. I moved the rack to the origin containers hull (thinking it might be some magic attribute the other station parts didn't. Trying multiple experiments again it was a non-starter - Thoughts?

I'm sorry if this is redundant, is the current release 0.5.7 backward compatible to ksp .25? I hadn't upgraded. Yet.

I don't know, up to now the struggle was keeping up with the KSP updates. So I haven't focused on backward compatibility. Maybe someone in the forum has tried it. I have no 0.25 ksp around anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Having trouble starting the KEES experiments. Sent up a batch to my existing station (with the Kibble Ferry) and pulled the rack out, installed it on the main station (assuming to leave it there) then loaded an experiment cartridge (briefcase?). But neither the EVA kerbal nor the station have access to a "start" experiment option. I can grab and store. I tried 2 experiments but no joy on either. I moved the rack to the origin containers hull (thinking it might be some magic attribute the other station parts didn't. Trying multiple experiments again it was a non-starter - Thoughts?

Did you use the store action of the PEC to install the experiment? if so, have a look at the debug output alt + F12 to look for an error in the log.

Hi, we are currently testing the next version of this mod. This will be a big update, it introduces two new research program and a total of 9 new experiments one new lab with two new lab equipment.

The Kemini Research Program uses the Command Pod mk1 as a lab and starts as soon as Basic Rocketry, providing you with more early science and money from research contracts. The experiments are inspired by experiments run during the Gemini program.

The Kerbal Research Program uses Kerbals as test subjects to complete the experiment you need to examine several Kerbals. With this update the mod grows beyond the realm of material science so maybe a rename is needed. But this would mean I need to come up with a new name and I'm bad with names so what do you think. Any suggestions?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

How about Orbital Science Projects? Definitely checking the mod out, would like to support the mod in M.O.L.E. Out of curiosity is the mod still built to work with Station Science?

There are no experiments that require Station Science, it works stand alone. But it works perfectly along side with Station Science.

Name suggestion: Orbital Science Stuff Missions (Stuff is so much more kerbal than material - and a better catch all too!) Abbreviated OSSM and pronounced Awesome!

Alternatively: Things to do while gone to space today and tomorrow.

As for my glitch - I dont really know anything about Alt+F12 but next time I try it I will assume I should push ALT + F12 after I attempt it in game... if that's not correct please elaborate.

I like the name you made already. Kerbal Research Program that sounds like a fantastic name for it to me

I decided to split up the mod into 4 mods:

• Orbital Material Science (OMS) the station parts that exist today and some new experiments and parts
  • Kerbal Environmental Effects Study (KEES) the KEES experiments currently in the mod
  • Kemini Research Program even earlier experiments based on experiments from the Gemini-Program
  • Kerbal Research Program new life science experiments using Kerbals as test subjects based on ISS life science experiments. Maybe I call it Kerbal Life Science in that way the abbreviation would be different from the Kemini Program.

As for my glitch - I dont really know anything about Alt+F12 but next time I try it I will assume I should push ALT + F12 after I attempt it in game... if that's not correct please elaborate.

Pressing ALT + F12 brings up the debug toolbar there is a button "Debug" showing the debug log where error messages show up. I hope the next update will be out in one week so if the debug output shows nothing I hope the next update will fix it for you. we changed quite a lot .

This keeps freezing on load but might be it just don't want to play nice with your other mods as some file ask to over-ride so you get

[LOG 12:07:45.432] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'NehemiahInc/KEES/Parts/Experiment/ODC/NE_KEES_ODC'
[WRN 12:07:45.447] The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
[WRN 12:07:45.447] The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
[WRN 12:07:45.448] The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
[WRN 12:07:45.448] The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

Overriding is expected, those are the same files so overriding makes no difference. I retested this with the files for all 4 mods from Kerbalstuff and can not reproduce this. Please delete the NehemiahInc folder and try re-installing it.

Did it twice and same thing in 2 installs but did delete the some of the plugins and having all your mods installed you use a different file structure you can get more then one plugin and guess it didnt like it deleting them got it to load.

Did it twice and same thing in 2 installs but did delete the some of the plugins and having all your mods installed you use a different file structure you can get more then one plugin and guess it didnt like it deleting them got it to load.

It works if you use the current version of all the mods. None of them are compatible with old versions of the Orbital Material Science mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.