[0.90] Orbital Material Science version 0.6

N3h3mia

I am using the last updated OMS, Can you please check it out?

I love this mod but I'm stuck because of it, and I would like to keep playing with it.

I have university exams during the next weeks, so I don't have the time to get all the mods you use to recreate your installation and run your save game. I'm sorry, but I can take a look at your log file. Recreate this bug then close KSP and send my the KSP.log from your KSP folder. If it is something similar to the bug in 0.5 I should see some evidence of it in the log.

I have university exams during the next weeks, so I don't have the time to get all the mods you use to recreate your installation and run your save game. I'm sorry, but I can take a look at your log file. Recreate this bug then close KSP and send my the KSP.log from your KSP folder. If it is something similar to the bug in 0.5 I should see some evidence of it in the log.

I understand, anyways, the save file and game data folder w/ the mods are on this link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hd8k0zacmsvxqm8/AAC4OJg5jGQ8ETLtXtj1wA-8a?dl=0

The weird thing is that There is no log errors that I could catch, but take your time man I'm in college also so I know that studies are way more important than anything else

Also on the save file there is a craft already around 2k from the station ready to rendezvous to the station

And here is the link for the log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gu3vfgvr7g8aido/KSP.log?dl=0

Edited by Andrewmacor
Added the ksp log link

Delete the old NE_Science_0.4.dll in the plugin folder. And everything should work. I guess KSP was using the old implementation, from the version 0.4 dll, with the bug.

Edited by N3h3mia

Delete the old NE_Science_0.4.dll in the plugin folder. And everything should work. I guess KSP was using the old implementation, from the version 0.4 dll, with the bug.

Thanks I'll test it right now

- - - Updated - - -

Nope Still happening

200 meters and it doesn't let me do anything to get close to it.

Here is the new log from this time

Edited by Andrewmacor

Thanks I'll test it right now

- - - Updated - - -

Nope Still happening

200 meters and it doesn't let me do anything to get close to it.

Here is the new log from this time

In this case this is not related to the other bug. It happened on loading the part and that happens 2.5 km out. I see quite a few NullReferenceExeptions in your log none of them coming from this mod. I hope can give it more time on the weekend.

I also have a docking problem. I'm not sure if it's your mod or not, but I'm not able to undock the vehicle with my experiments and crew from my station. The vehicle carrying the experiment equipment undocked just fine, so maybe it has to do with the experiments? Either way, undocking seems to go normally except that the physical connection between vehicles isn't broken. Camera perspective changes and resources are unavailable, but trying to pull away from the station drags it with me. I'll go through my mods folder tomorrow to see if it might be someone else's problem.

In this case this is not related to the other bug. It happened on loading the part and that happens 2.5 km out. I see quite a few NullReferenceExeptions in your log none of them coming from this mod. I hope can give it more time on the weekend.

Thanks, Ill be waiting. Thanks

N3h3mia, I kept trying and I noticed that both the craft and the station repack and unpack when at 201m from each other. I dont know if the game is supposed to do that. Im also starting to think that your mod isn't the problem, but if you can still check it out that would make my day cause I don't know where else to look. Anybody that can help, would be appreciated because already posted in "Modded installs support" but I've got nothing, so please anybody help!!!

Edited by Andrewmacor
I've catched something in the log...

My problem went away when I removed KJR, so it looks like you're in the clear.

That's great because I had no idea how my code could cause something like your problem, but NullReferenceExcetpions can cause strange things. Enjoy science.

Thanks, Ill be waiting. Thanks

N3h3mia, I kept trying and I noticed that both the craft and the station repack and unpack when at 201m from each other. I dont know if the game is supposed to do that. Im also starting to think that your mod isn't the problem, but if you can still check it out that would make my day cause I don't know where else to look. Anybody that can help, would be appreciated because already posted in "Modded installs support" but I've got nothing, so please anybody help!!!

To celebrate my first exam I had a look at your save game and I had the problem you described the craft stopped at 200m. I think Kerbal Joint Reinforcement could be the cause when I deleted kjr I could pass the 200m barrier. Give it a try and I hope this will fix your game.

To celebrate my first exam I had a look at your save game and I had the problem you described the craft stopped at 200m. I think Kerbal Joint Reinforcement could be the cause when I deleted kjr I could pass the 200m barrier. Give it a try and I hope this will fix your game.

Awsome bro thanks

Alright, looks like there is a bug.

I cannot complete KEES contracts while using non-KEES containers (I've used Tantares parts).

I've completed three KEES experiments (PPMD, POSA1, POSA2) and placed them into a Tantares (Soyuz) descent module. Deorbited and recovered it. The experiments are listed in archives, I've got my science points, but their respective contracts aren't completed.

Also, "Run experiment in orbit" objective is complete. "Return and recover" isn't, although I've returned and recovered it.

Edited by biohazard15

Alright, looks like there is a bug.

I cannot complete KEES contracts while using non-KEES containers (I've used Tantares parts).

I've completed three KEES experiments (PPMD, POSA1, POSA2) and placed them into a Tantares (Soyuz) descent module. Deorbited and recovered it. The experiments are listed in archives, I've got my science points, but their respective contracts aren't completed.

Also, "Run experiment in orbit" objective is complete. "Return and recover" isn't, although I've returned and recovered it.

Yes in the current version my contract system only supports the payload carrier to return experiments. I'll look into supporting other transport container in the future: https://github.com/N3h3miah/OrbitalMaterialScience/issues/35

Does the descent module work as a KAS container or did you get the science from the experiment and store it in the science container?

Edited by N3h3mia

Does the descent module work as a KAS container

That. It's a new Tantares feature - small KAS containers in every descent module, so you can bring something with you. Nothing custom, just a standard KASModuleContainer module that is added via MM patch if you have KAS installed.

That. It's a new Tantares feature - small KAS containers in every descent module, so you can bring something with you. Nothing custom, just a standard KASModuleContainer module that is added via MM patch if you have KAS installed.

Thanks I plan to add this for the next release. Not yet sure when the release date will be.

hi, you've made awesome mod, but i am experiencing a bug: i don't see "install equipment" buttons in MPL-1000 lab, even if equpment racks are stacked directly to it. checked on vanilla ksp 0.90 and OMS 0.5.1 everything else work great

hi, you've made awesome mod, but i am experiencing a bug: i don't see "install equipment" buttons in MPL-1000 lab, even if equpment racks are stacked directly to it. checked on vanilla ksp 0.90 and OMS 0.5.1 everything else work great

can you send me a save game and the KSP.log file?

Edited by N3h3mia

Disregard the last part about not getting any science, I didn't realise that you have to collect the science on EVA and store it in the cockpit. However the contract I have was not completed. It said that I successfully ran the experiment in orbit, but after I stored it and recovered the vessel it did not check off the second parameter. Do I have to fully complete the science to finish the contract? Here is what my science archive looks like now, I reckon I will have to do about 2 runs before I get maximum value, the second shot is how the contract looked after I landed (sorry for clogging up your thread with all these images! :confused:) Also do the experiments continue to gain exposure if the craft is not the active vessel? If so I would plan to launch my com satellites while my orbiter is running the experiment, on the basis that it would help the satellites keep a connection while they get into orbit (remote tech)

Edit: I kept sending up experiments until I had all 24 science value and the contract still would not complete, so I even tried rebuilding the experiments once I had landed on the surface, still no good. Any suggestions?

FN0ufOy.jpg

eduHnQI.jpg

Also for fun here is my research orbiter that I made for conducting these experiments, the O3CMk.I-Mimir-! Great mod by the way, I like how it fills in the gap between little experiments and bigger science stations:cool:.

yJd0rMB.jpg

Edited by DanBMan

Disregard the last part about not getting any science, I didn't realise that you have to collect the science on EVA and store it in the cockpit. However the contract I have was not completed. It said that I successfully ran the experiment in orbit, but after I stored it and recovered the vessel it did not check off the second parameter. Do I have to fully complete the science to finish the contract? Here is what my science archive looks like now, I reckon I will have to do about 2 runs before I get maximum value, the second shot is how the contract looked after I landed (sorry for clogging up your thread with all these images! :confused:) Also do the experiments continue to gain exposure if the craft is not the active vessel? If so I would plan to launch my com satellites while my orbiter is running the experiment, on the basis that it would help the satellites keep a connection while they get into orbit (remote tech)

Edit: I kept sending up experiments until I had all 24 science value and the contract still would not complete, so I even tried rebuilding the experiments once I had landed on the surface, still no good. Any suggestions?

Also for fun here is my research orbiter that I made for conducting these experiments, the O3CMk.I-Mimir-! Great mod by the way, I like how it fills in the gap between little experiments and bigger science stations:cool:.

Thanks, for your feedback.

1. You should get the science when you return and recover the experiment part with the science in the PC or any other KAS-container for that matter. I'm away at a conference about "what is life" and what do we search for when searching for sings of life on exoplantes for the next 3 day so I can't look into this, but I will after the conference or during the weekend.

2. The contract should complete when recovering the experiment part containing the science. The part can be on the vessel or in the PC. At the moment other KAS-container are not yet supported. But this will change with the next update.

3. All the experiments continue progressing even if the vessel is not active.

I hope this helps you in the meantime.

Thanks, for your feedback.

1. You should get the science when you return and recover the experiment part with the science in the PC or any other KAS-container for that matter. I'm away at a conference about "what is life" and what do we search for when searching for sings of life on exoplantes for the next 3 day so I can't look into this, but I will after the conference or during the weekend.

2. The contract should complete when recovering the experiment part containing the science. The part can be on the vessel or in the PC. At the moment other KAS-container are not yet supported. But this will change with the next update.

3. All the experiments continue progressing even if the vessel is not active.

I hope this helps you in the meantime.

Hmm, it does yes. When you say store the science though, are you referring to the actual experimental data? I did not see an option to store the data itself in the PC, just the option to store the experiment holder and micrometer experiment, but I will have another look in case I missed it (after all I did miss the collect data in the first place :P). I have a quicksave in orbit with a completed experiment so I have an easy testing opportunity. Reading through the thread I noticed that somebody had issues using the Tantares, so maybe using non-stock cockpits is an issue? I have been storing the science in the Radish cockpit from HGR (which also has KAS storage, but I do not store the experimental modules there) and the experiment holder from TAL, both of which are not stock so maybe that is the problem?

I am also going to try landing, and then having Bob go on EVA and take the experiment data with him, and then recover him and see if that works at all. If that doesn't work then I will try sending up a modified Mimir Orbiter using a stock cockpit. If I still can't get it working I will just launch my communications network in the meantime, if you could take a look at it when you have time that would be great, but don't rush though, that conference actually sounds awesome! I imagine it would cover stuff about how if/when we first find life it is likely going to be frozen bacteria as opposed to advanced alien civilizations? Or what gasses to look for in an atmosphere, as it's not like we can easily send anything there (yet). It's cool to know that people in the industry also play KSP!

Edited by DanBMan

Hmm, it does yes. When you say store the science though, are you referring to the actual experimental data? I did not see an option to store the data itself in the PC, just the option to store the experiment holder and micrometer experiment, but I will have another look in case I missed it (after all I did miss the collect data in the first place :P). I have a quicksave in orbit with a completed experiment so I have an easy testing opportunity. Reading through the thread I noticed that somebody had issues using the Tantares, so maybe using non-stock cockpits is an issue? I have been storing the science in the Radish cockpit from HGR (which also has KAS storage, but I do not store the experimental modules there) and the experiment holder from TAL, both of which are not stock so maybe that is the problem?

You don't need to remove the science from the experiment part. Just run it on orbit and the click "Finalize Results" store the part in the PC and return to Kerbin and recover the craft. If you do not get the science this is a bug and I will look into this.

The issue with the Tantares mod is on regard to the contacts not completing. The code for the returning the experiment part of the contract is looking for the experiment part (with the scientific data) an the vessel or in the PC. Therefore if you store your experiment in a other KAS containter, e.g. a Tantares capsule the contact will not compete. This will be fixed in the next release.

If you can verify that you don't get the science points by return the part without removing the data that's a bug that needs fixing.

This mod gets ever more awesome. However I have a slight problem with storing the experiments (not neccessarily the fault of this mod). I can store 4 KEES in a Universal Storage (US) KAS container. But even one KEES is much bigger than the US container. Suspension of disbelief.

This mod gets ever more awesome. However I have a slight problem with storing the experiments (not neccessarily the fault of this mod). I can store 4 KEES in a Universal Storage (US) KAS container. But even one KEES is much bigger than the US container. Suspension of disbelief.

Thanks Manimal, you have a point there. I totally forgot to review the part sizes in regard to other mods before the last release. I'll change this for the next release. The values relations between the parts of my mod are ok but they need adjustment in regard to the other mods and KAS as the origin of the size parameter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.