Release: BobCat Ind. Space&Planet products

Dragon 2 to MIR... Some things just can't be beaten. :)

are there going to be new crafts in the american pack, like athlete moonbase or constellation mars ??

Nope. I've still got J2X engine effects to work out, and then Nazari will have to adjust the effect positions for the pack. BobCat contacted me again, so you may see a slight Soyuz/N1 update. Also, the ISS truss is getting an update "soon". Dunno when exactly, but I'll let you know once BobCat shows any WIPs.

Hey, i have a problem with the kvant 1 part, I've rebuilt the MIR space station and it docked with the station but when i try to dock with a progress probe, it won't dock. I've tried with and without a docking port, any advice?

Hey, when you use kvant-1, did you encounter something called TKS_tug?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, when you use kvant-1, did you encounter something called TKS_tug?

Not sure what you mean.. I just sent up Kvant-1.. From what I looked up that is the tug. There is a part in the list without the tug (the section with the solar panels etc)

Hey, i have a problem with the kvant 1 part, I've rebuilt the MIR space station and it docked with the station but when i try to dock with a progress probe, it won't dock. I've tried with and without a docking port, any advice?

Are you talking about docking where my Soyuz craft is docked in the above picture? The Mir core doesn't have a docking port placed in that one area it's just a empty cavity.. You need to add a dock port there before sending up the Mir core.. I made the mistake the first time I started building it also.. Realizing there was a docking port missing

Edited by styckx

Not sure what you mean.. I just sent up Kvant-1.. From what I looked up that is the tug. There is a part in the list without the tug (the section with the solar panels etc)

When i tried to load up the kvant-1 from the updated MIR, it would say part missing TKS_tug

Ahhh. No, didn't get anything like that at all.

Ok, thanks for the help. oh yeah one more thing, when docking something in the back of Kvant-1 does it dock? because every time i try to dock something from soyuz to progress, it won't dock! it has a docking port on so i don't know what's happening.

Dragon 2 to MIR... Some things just can't be beaten. :)

Nope. I've still got J2X engine effects to work out, and then Nazari will have to adjust the effect positions for the pack. BobCat contacted me again, so you may see a slight Soyuz/N1 update. Also, the ISS truss is getting an update "soon". Dunno when exactly, but I'll let you know once BobCat shows any WIPs.

oké thank you very much dragon01

Is there any .craft file for the ISS? Or any sort of blueprint on its assembly? I had an older version so I knew the basic assembly but now there are a lot of new parts. Also, is there still the Nullreference problem with the solar panels? Thanks in advance for any help!

Is there any .craft file for the ISS? Or any sort of blueprint on its assembly? I had an older version so I knew the basic assembly but now there are a lot of new parts. Also, is there still the Nullreference problem with the solar panels? Thanks in advance for any help!

The null references are still a huge problem. Use other trusses. Here is an accurate construction blueprint http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/ISS_configuration_2011-05_en.svg

Here is some configuration for Soviet pack parts for using with Real Solar System + Realism Overvhaul + Real Fuels + FAR.

Modded:

- N1-LZ (rocket+LK+LOK)

- Soyuz launcher (11A511), Progress-M and Soyuz-TMA ship (7K-series)

- Luna-17 (Lunokhod+lander)

- Mir modules

All stats corrected for real-like payload lifting capability, but due to the game mechanics limitations not all launchers stages stats is real-like.

"Soyuz" can lift up to 7-8 tonns of payload on 350-400 km orbit. No more.

N1 can deliver 20-25 tonns of payload to the Munar orbit. And no more ))

Don't forget to fill tanks before launch.

Mods supported:

RT2, some antennas added.

Known bugs:

Mir RCS thrusters doesn't work well enough, don't use it.

Correction and changes are welcome :)

Edited by MaxP

The stages need to use real values if I'm going to recommend it as an RSS config. You can get the data off Astronautix, I've tried it once and it worked with no cheating. Just remember to calculate things precisely and include things like HTP for Soyuz turbopumps (yes, the engines need to run like "tripropellant" engines).

The stages need to use real values if I'm going to recommend it as an RSS config

With real values I wasn't able to reach a needed altitude, anyway. With any craft (tried with crafts above and OLDD's Proton-K).

Just tired, left it as-is.

If you know, what is wrong, I can change my config, with pleasure.

I think, it's due to unrealistic fuel flow/mass.

Yes, of course, I began with real values (mass, thrust, ISP - don't you think it is only my fantasy? ))

After 4 days of calibration I've got these ones. It's works, and is close enough to real.

and include things like HTP for Soyuz turbopumps

It's hard for me, till I'm not familiar with MM, and modding in general ))

Or, as I understand, there will be no reason to add HTP, other than just to be - for "real-like"?

P.S. If it was so easy - just to enter "real" values in cfg, - why we still don't have a configs for other crafts?

There is a significant lack of historical crafts with real-like stats, isn't it?

From experience I can say that, for now, with these mods, crafts needed 20-30% more thrust and fuel to reach real altitudes.

Edited by MaxP

Try here for ISS

553007ISSHTV.jpg

Edited by MarrouxIsBack

So many nice things I can't use. I have too many mods now and adding the requirements for some of these would just kill my game.

All of the requirements are part module plugins and don't add any significant amount of ram to the game. If anything the only thing that increases ram usage are part packs, so it would be this mod itself that would increase your ram usage.

i cant find the bobcat rover body, so can someone help me?

Hi, rover base is located in Utility section, rover pod in Pods.

Hey, where could I get the soviet engines pack?

Type in google Soviet Engines pack V1.1