Release: BobCat Ind. Space&Planet products

Oh no don't say it's easy. The iss pack has been plagued with problems for as long as I have been playing ksp. I would t enter into updating that so easily. The doing ports don't work, the solar panels are broken and go nuts. The trusses throw out infinite amounts of null references. It's a Pandora's box.

I only had docking issues with PMA and I already fixed them... didn't go for the truss though... I really think someone should try and make a new one from scratch... (and make an actual S5-6/P5-6)

@Deimos007 I've messed with ISS files a bit, added labs to the modules who are labs, KAS support for MPLM and HTV (didn't update both for KIS though), fixed the PMA (at least on my end...) and added TAC Life Support for all parts (even though it might be too "OP", i used the big 2.5m parts as base for both)... If you want it to give you a small boost just shoot me a PM

-1 on bottom node for 1.0.2
I tried installing the Soyuz, but I can't launch cause "Craft size unknown," what do I do?

Sorry friend there are very few options. Someone on this thread who has fixed the Soyuz for themselves can send you their fixed files. You can fix the cfg files for yourself, which i am sure someone on here would be willing to post how to fix it. Or wait for the op to update these packs. Which is not very likely because he kinda made a vow never to return to these forums. Although we are all keeping our fingers crossed lol ;).

-1 on bottom node for 1.0.2

I've done this for all the HOME modules and they all work with the exception of the HOME3 Pod Descent Module (CFG file titled "HOME2_pod_descent.cfg"). Anyone else have issues with that part? I've tried keeping it as +1.0, but that doesn't work either.

EDIT: That was the wrong part! Looking for the right one now.

EDIT: Issue resolved.

Edited by wulf899

Basically all of these parts' bottom nodes need to be reconfigured for 1.0.2.

Here's a link to earlier discussion in the thread. Should help.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81754-Release-BobCat-Ind-Space-Planet-products?p=1921961&highlight=bottom+node#post1921961

Edited by Voidryder
Clarification

So I just downloaded most of these packs, and only the Buran, Proton, ISS, Orion Capsule, LER and Nautilus parts load. Soyuz, MIR, Kliper, Progress and the AmericanPack (with the exception of the Orion Module and LER) do not load as it says something along the lines of "Missing or Invalid Parts". Could not confirm as the Debug system was scrolling so fast I couldn't keep up. Some of these unloadable parts are even in the same files as others which can load (such as in the case of the AmericanPack).

Been trying to fix this for hours and I'm at my wit's end. Could someone please help me out before I just go ahead and delete it all?

I know it's WIP but I stumbled on a small bug. The Soviet Engines (which I've used a lot and absolutely love for many reasons) will not allow me attach a top node of any part to their bottom node. I.e. it's not currently possible to attach decouplers beneath the engines, as they will snap to the decoupler's bottom node, making it impossible to have the engines anywhere in my stack save the bottom.

I recon it's something that is defined by the .cfg but I am not quite sufficiently apt to do anything about it :(

I know it's WIP but I stumbled on a small bug. The Soviet Engines (which I've used a lot and absolutely love for many reasons) will not allow me attach a top node of any part to their bottom node. I.e. it's not currently possible to attach decouplers beneath the engines, as they will snap to the decoupler's bottom node, making it impossible to have the engines anywhere in my stack save the bottom.

I recon it's something that is defined by the .cfg but I am not quite sufficiently apt to do anything about it :(

Is ireading so hard!?

Everything here is not 1.0 compatible.

You have to go into the part.cfg and edit this

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

To

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

Do this for all bottom nodes.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

Is ireading so hard!?

You have to go into the part.cfg and edit this

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

To

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

Do this for all bottom nodes.

Karl, people shouldn't have to read it at all; it's common knowledge by now.

That's the problem with Kerbal, it's really bad about destroying mods when a new version of game comes out.

The game was in a pre-release state until quite recently. As features were added, mods had to be adjusted to fit the changes and additions. If the game becomes bound by the capability of the mods, it no longer advances. If you want a game that doesn't change, doesn't get new features, doesn't expand, go play Tetris.

Has anyone managed to use the AmericanPack to successfully launch an Ares V or Ares I rocket? I know the pack isn't 100% compatible with 1.0.2 yet but I did go through and fix the node_stack_bottom on all the parts. So the parts are usable. But whether I build my own rocket, or use the craft files that come with the parts pack, neither rocket seems to be flyable. Both tip over shortly after launch. This happens whether I manually fly the rocket or if I try to let Mechjeb fly for me. I've tried increasing the gimbal rate for the Ares SRB and AresV 2 Stage part, but that didn't really help. It actually see like the controls are all reversed which doesn't help my fly. Anyway, if anyone has used this pack, I'd be curious what modifications (if any) you had to make to work it.

And on a side note, I don't suppose there is a version of this pack where the engines are separate from the pods? It seems you can't add modules with on/off switches to a part that has an engine on it without the engine auto starting on the launch pad.

Has anyone managed to use the AmericanPack to successfully launch an Ares V or Ares I rocket? I know the pack isn't 100% compatible with 1.0.2 yet but I did go through and fix the node_stack_bottom on all the parts. So the parts are usable. But whether I build my own rocket, or use the craft files that come with the parts pack, neither rocket seems to be flyable. Both tip over shortly after launch. This happens whether I manually fly the rocket or if I try to let Mechjeb fly for me. I've tried increasing the gimbal rate for the Ares SRB and AresV 2 Stage part, but that didn't really help. It actually see like the controls are all reversed which doesn't help my fly. Anyway, if anyone has used this pack, I'd be curious what modifications (if any) you had to make to work it.

And on a side note, I don't suppose there is a version of this pack where the engines are separate from the pods? It seems you can't add modules with on/off switches to a part that has an engine on it without the engine auto starting on the launch pad.

The issue is with the fairings. They are not recognized by the new aerodynamics. So they might as well not be there. So without fairings the ship is inherently unstable. Unfortunately it doesn't look like these parts are going to be updated anytime soon. I have hope that might be updated someday but not anytime soon. So play around as much as you can, ad some reaction wheels, and the vernors and try and get the rocket up in the air.

The issue is with the fairings. They are not recognized by the new aerodynamics. So they might as well not be there. So without fairings the ship is inherently unstable. Unfortunately it doesn't look like these parts are going to be updated anytime soon. I have hope that might be updated someday but not anytime soon. So play around as much as you can, ad some reaction wheels, and the vernors and try and get the rocket up in the air.
The Ares V gimbal is also completely backward and makes it un-flyable.

That at least gives me a place to start. I can look at the fairings and compare them to what comes with KSP. Maybe I can figure out how to fix that.

The Ares V gimbal is also completely backward and makes it un-flyable.

I thought the controls seemed backwards. Don't suppose there is any way to correct that in the cfg file.

That at least gives me a place to start. I can look at the fairings and compare them to what comes with KSP. Maybe I can figure out how to fix that.

I thought the controls seemed backwards. Don't suppose there is any way to correct that in the cfg file.

YANFRET says it could probably be fixed if you edited the model and animation and whatnot, but why bother?

YANFRET says it could probably be fixed if you edited the model and animation and whatnot, but why bother?

I'd bother because this seems to be the most complete Constellation Program parts package that I can find. But while I don't have a problem messing with the config files, I don't have the skills (or software) to mess around with models and animations. :(

Theoretically, you'd 'simply' need to change the rotation of one gameobject of the part. If this will actually solve the problem, is not clear, but I will have a look at this tomorrow. I have plans for updating this to 1.0 (I know I've already said that on the Community ISS thread, but another person gave me the impression that he would be getting that alone, so I didn't bother with that anymore :P ). Wait and see. ;)