Release: BobCat Ind. Space&Planet products

Bobcat very sorry that you are no longer engaged in modding, it is with the Soviet pak I learned about KSP... then can I have the Mir space station for further updates, and tie it to me Buran, you do not mind ?.

[quote name='Kpottebaum']I can't get the docking ports to snap on. HELP![/QUOTE]

Yeah, this sucks. There are two things you can do. The simple but stupid thing is flip the docking port upside down (it'll place properly that way) and then use the rotation function to flip it back around.

The complicated but smart thing to do is edit the .cfg file. Look for the node_stack_ attributes. The first three numbers are the X, Y and Z positions of that node. The fourth, fifth and sixth are orientation. I think at some point during KSP development, they flipped the orientation signs. At any rate, you need to change one of those number's signs from positive to negative or vice versa. Luckily, that's not too hard to figure out. Most nodes are displaced along only one axis, and point the opposite way from their displacement. Most parts will have zeros for two orientation variables and a 1 or a -1 for the third. That sign will also be opposite of the displaced position variable.

Basically, if you see [CODE]node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -2.555, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1[/CODE]it's probably fine, but if you see [CODE]node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -2.555, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1[/CODE]you need to change the sign of that -1.0 because the Y axis displacement is also negative.

[quote name='Fan777']SovietPack 1.0.5 (MIR, Proton, Soyuz, SoyuzU)
[URL]https://cloud.mail.ru/public/9QtS/jX6qxbrSu[/URL]
:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Hey, yeah, that's nice and all but I still get the issue where the Soyuz-U's boosters just kinda... flop around and explode on liftoff.

Anyone know what the heck that's about?

[quote name='hapaxLegomina']The complicated but smart thing to do is edit the .cfg file. Look for the node_stack_ attributes. The first three numbers are the X, Y and Z positions of that node. The fourth, fifth and sixth are orientation. I think at some point during KSP development, they flipped the orientation signs.

Orientation didn't change. The problem is that a lot of nodes have always been facing the wrong way. They were always meant to face in the direction that they are snapped from. However, until KSP 1.0 that was not being properly enforced in code due to a bug. When the bug was fixed, it broke a lot of mods that had been doing things the wrong way.

Edited by Starwaster

• 2 weeks later...

^^
This thread is so old, and had soooo many changes to the mods, and soooo many community fixes made... It would be kewl if the OP was ever updated, reorganized, and more clearly labeled and laid out... (An example that bugs my OCD is how HOME 3 filename and link is still labeled as HOME 2...)...

But its still awesome these mods have lasted...They are ALL great mods!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DDE said:

Hey, just a q uick question: did this mod have custom R-7 clamps?

I don't think so, that was a different mod, IL link it once I find it if I do

On another note, I'm messing around with this mod and well, the parachute seems to be so far what I cant fix, every time I open it, I accelerate to around 2000m/s, then explode due to over heating.

• 1 month later...

simple ModuleManager fix for Bobcat's Proton:

@PART[Proton_12_stage_decoupler]
{
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.35, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
}

@PART[Proton_23_stage_decoupler]
{
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
}

@PART[Proton_payload]
{