Release: BobCat Ind. Space&Planet products

• 3 weeks later...

Found the pack from mediafire, but how do you install it? There didn't seem to be any settings-files etc that are usually included. Just place the Sovietengines-folder to GameData? So used to using ckan nowadays...

26 minutes ago, the_pazter said:

I have to place parts upside-down to place them, this happens with a few other mods to, but I have no fix or explanation, please someone help for once

More than likely, the .cfgs just need the attachment nodes to be edited... Pretty easy to do...

On 3/5/2016 at 2:13 PM, InfiniteAtom said:

Dude, half of your download links are broken. Example: http://www./download/3clb34hxiijg9d5/Kliper.zip

That is not a valid link. Also, the links that are not broken use kerbalstuff as a host, and kerbalstuff has been shut down. This basically means that I cant download any of your mods. Please fix this.

I think this is a dead mod, unfortunately.

On 5 March 2016 at 8:13 PM, InfiniteAtom said:

Dude, half of your download links are broken. Example: http://www./download/3clb34hxiijg9d5/Kliper.zip

That is not a valid link. Also, the links that are not broken use kerbalstuff as a host, and kerbalstuff has been shut down. This basically means that I cant download any of your mods. Please fix this.

As I said in a reply just above your post...

On 12 February 2016 at 6:50 PM, mlednor said:

Copy the URL from the first post into your browser's location bar, add "media fire . com" (without the spaces) after the "http://www." bit.

Sigh.

While these Bobcat parts were the *stuff* back in the day, and they havent been updated, or even forked in quite some time, HOW, is it that all these obvious  noobs new forum members manage to come across them?... Just look at the last page or two of people who posted, and look at their post counts...

I guess Bobcat & CleverWalrus are the MASTERS of mods that just WILL NOT die, and live on past the end of development...
Especially since these were "THE" mods back in the day, and most now have updated versions in more current mods...

Edited by Stone Blue

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Creator of this great mod.

I was trying to make a replica of the Ares 1 with the Orion spacecraft as a payload in RSS and it semms, that the parts from the American Pack are not working correctly, or do not match the real components of the ares 1 rocket. For Example: The SRB of the Ares 1 rocket should have a weight of 801 tons, but in your american pack it has only 160.25 tons of weight. Additionaly, the rocket has only about 5 km/s Δv, and the minimum I need is about 8 km/s of Δv. Finally I can only assemble parts when they are upside down, so I have to rotate them every time after they were assembled.

I am looking forward to see an improvement of the american pack, because it is the only good Mod of the orion space capsule I know. I really want to fly the Ares 1 rocket in RSS into orbit, so please correct all mistakes of this mod.

Yours sincerely,

Karol van Kerman

Edited by Karol van Kermin

3 hours ago, Karol van Kermin said:

Dear Creator of this great mod.

I was trying to make a replica of the Ares 1 with the Orion spacecraft as a payload in RSS and it semms, that the parts from the American Pack are not working correctly, or do not match the real components of the ares 1 rocket. For Example: The SRB of the Ares 1 rocket should have a weight of 801 tons, but in your american pack it has only 160.25 tons of weight. Additionaly, the rocket has only about 5 km/s Δv, and the minimum I need is about 8 km/s of Δv. Finally I can only assemble parts when they are upside down, so I have to rotate them every time after they were assembled.

I am looking forward to see an improvement of the american pack, because it is the only good Mod of the orion space capsule I know. I really want to fly the Ares 1 rocket in RSS into orbit, so please correct all mistakes of this mod.

Yours sincerely,

Karol van Kerman

Thats no mistake. This mod is for Stock, not for RSS/RO. For RSS/RO you need a separate config. I don´t know if RO has a config for this mod.

The other thing: this mod hasn`t updatet for a long time and the creators aren't active since a long time.

As far as I know ,Bobcat with the team creates a space simulator based UE4, although still is presented in the forum so that the return of hope. Perhaps it is in version 1.1 update add-ons.

4 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Thats no mistake. This mod is for Stock, not for RSS/RO. For RSS/RO you need a separate config. I don´t know if RO has a config for this mod.

The other thing: this mod hasn`t updatet for a long time and the creators aren't active since a long time.

Thank you for your reply!

But it is still very buggy and it does also crash continuesly. As I said, I can only assemble parts when they're upside down, which is very annoying. I hope they will be active soon.

Do you know any other mods for orion maybe. The only parts I need are of course the capsule, with the docking port and parachutes etc., the fuel and monopropellant tank of the orion spacecraft, Launch Escape System of the orion spacecraft and the engine and an adapter.

Yours sincerely,

Karol van Kermin

I Pm'd Bobcat a while back and he stated he is to busy developing his UE4 game and has no time to update the mods he has here, so 1.1 maybe the end of these unless he allows someone access to the source files and brings them back to life 

Edited by Virtualgenius

On 03/03/2016 at 9:08 PM, the_pazter said:

go on...

I've been checking, and there have been updates to some of the content this year. I checked one of the config files, and it has had the usual changes to attachment nodes and temperature limits.

So it's not quite a dead mod.

It may just be shagged out after a long squawk.

It's hardly useless, but I am not sure I would start using it this close to KSP v1.1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a reason for that all mediafire links where removed by Kasper for content advertised on mediafire links, unless you intend to stay on lower versions of KSP and with the impending release of 1.1 officially I would advise against using these mods as they are severely depreciated, and the changes in 1.1 will probably make the mods listed here unreliable.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first time I'll be posting in this forums, as I was contented just lurking around. However, I really like this mod... the detail is just so much better than the alternatives I've found so far.

I can't get the parts to snap properly. I hope someone can point me to how to look for answers, so I can fix it myself. Thank you!

6 hours ago, Rom Alexis said:

I can't get the parts to snap properly. I hope someone can point me to how to look for answers, so I can fix it myself. Thank you!

Like other have said, these packs have not been updated in so long, and have required community fixes & hacks to get them to work... Hopefully 1.1 will finally kill them off, unless Bobcat, CleverWalrus, or SOMEOEN claims them all and really does some major work with them.

But, to answer your question if you still want them for personal use, this wiki section explains how to make the necessary changes for the nodes.
Basically, you need to go into each part's .cfg file, and just change the "polarity" on the 5th variable in the node attachment string... That would be " angy "

Usually, top needs to be blank for positive, ie " 1.0 ", and bottom needs to be negative, ie " -1.0 " EDIT: Dont mess with the number... Just switch the dash

Edited by Stone Blue

Thanks. That's what I'm trying to do now. There are just some parts I need on this pack for my RSS KSP run. Hopefully I can get them to work. There are just not much better alternatives. If I were playing stock, I'd use the Tantares, TantaresLV, Contares. Thanks for the answer! Such a shame really. These batches of mods look real nice. Not sure how much work is needed to get them updated to 1.1... I'm guessing it's too much. Cheers to the creator/s of this mod. Years have passed, and this is still alive, even after being "abandoned".