Release: BobCat Ind. Space&Planet products

6 hours ago, adrianstu1998 said:

Hi to everyone, i have a problem with the download link, i cant download any file. I have a DNS error, are the links online?

The OP to this thread was last updated in Nov 2014. This mod has not been maintained for a very long time. There are other Soviet/Russian mods that work with the current version of the game. Use the search feature and you will find them.

9 hours ago, Bleddyn said:

The OP to this thread was last updated in Nov 2014. This mod has not been maintained for a very long time. There are other Soviet/Russian mods that work with the current version of the game. Use the search feature and you will find them.

1. The engines in this mod still work just fine with RO

2. The mod is very well supported by RP-0, with some very cool engines like

RD-270M. Pentaborane!

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/5/2016 at 10:59 PM, Bleddyn said:

Hi, thanks, but i found the problem. You have to add www.This website cannot be used on these forums before the url, and you can download it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it'd be a huge waste to just consider this mod die.  It works fine with some very minor cfg editing. Same for the neptune panel, it just needs a tiny bit editing and works fine after that. I have actually edited it extensively and can do manual launch to docking using mostly IVA and a bit of the maneuver planner for the Hohmann transfer. 

Docking is my favorite part using the camera/periscope. I'll get some pics for you guys later.

Well, a good part of the problem is that there is no open license, and its been passed thru and edited/modified by so many hands since the original devs, under possible licensing issues.

Straight off the OP:

" All original BobCat ind. content - all rights reserved and belong to BobCat. "

I dont inderstand why the forum moderators let this mod and thread stay open, instead of locking it, when its clearly in violation of the forum rules, and yet shutdown other threads with semi-open licenses, just because the mod dev has not been active for awhile... I guess if your mod is popular, you get to slide on probably one of the most serious forum rules...

Edited by Stone Blue

Why would this be in violation? This thread has been extremely helpful for most of us as it tells you how to get it working on the newer version. There's nothing wrong with that. It adds a lot to the fun of KSP, specially to those who played it with this mod years ago. 

Anyway, back to the topic

uzZL7VQ.jpg

GfXiDo5.jpg

wzrHdXN.jpg

8 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Well, a good part of the problem is that there is no open license, and its been passed thru and edited/modified by so many hands since the original devs, under possible licensing issues.

Straight off the OP:

" All original BobCat ind. content - all rights reserved and belong to BobCat. "

I dont inderstand why the forum moderators let this mod and thread stay open, instead of locking it, when its clearly in violation of the forum rules, and yet shutdown other threads with semi-open licenses, just because the mod dev has not been active for awhile... I guess if your mod is popular, you get to slide on probably one of the most serious forum rules...

No license violation going on here, and the thread seems to be helping people get the mod working properly in the newest versions.

We sometimes lock old threads where the modder isn't active anymore as a courtesy to the modder, not for rule violation. We reopen them if the modder returns.

If you'd like to discuss it further please take it to PM with me or another moderator.

7 hours ago, AlbertoKermov said:

Why would this be in violation? This thread has been extremely helpful for most of us as it tells you how to get it working on the newer version. There's nothing wrong with that. It adds a lot to the fun of KSP, specially to those who played it with this mod years ago. 

Anyway, back to the topic

uzZL7VQ.jpg

GfXiDo5.jpg

wzrHdXN.jpg

did you get all the parts working?

11 hours ago, AlbertoKermov said:

I've got all the parts working for the Soyuz-TMA and the Soyuz rocket. I also fixed the Mir core module and its drogue docking ports to fit correctly. 

is there a way to share those configs without breaking the license?

14 hours ago, AlbertoKermov said:

I've got all the parts working for the Soyuz-TMA and the Soyuz rocket. I also fixed the Mir core module and its drogue docking ports to fit correctly. 

Nice. I was working in Soyuz TMA parts and compatibility for RSS-RO but i can't fix the docking port. 

14 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

is there a way to share those configs without breaking the license?

No breaking licenses here

XtlToon.png

Here it is.

Read the readme for more info.

https://github.com/albertovillalobos/sovietpack

So far I worked on Soyuz TMA and its reckets, speciallly the neptune panels

Edited by AlbertoKermov

15 hours ago, AlbertoKermov said:

No breaking licenses here

XtlToon.png

Here it is.

Read the readme for more info.

So far I worked on Soyuz TMA and its reckets, speciallly the neptune panels

Am I correct in assuming that Progress is also included in this revamp? I need me a cargo ship for my KSS!

8 hours ago, TJBombard said:

Am I correct in assuming that Progress is also included in this revamp? I need me a cargo ship for my KSS!

Of course!

I'm thinking of adding the mechjeb module to the cfg so that it comes with it automatically without having to stick that ugly remote control looking box.

7 hours ago, BakerNator said:

As a time saver there are a couple of MechJeb Embed cfg files available such as: 

Interesting, I usually just add ~4 lines of code to add Mechjeb functionality. I bet this has extra features

8 minutes ago, ebigunso said:

@AlbertoKermov Can you get the Soviet Engines pack working again too? That would be super awesome.

I have never used those. Are they in the same pack? What's wrong with them, node attachments?

I haven't used them yet either so no idea.

I thought it was also not updated anymore since this thread's OP isn't, but I saw in the RP-0 changelog stating they have updated to the latest Soviet Engines pack so... I'm confused.

I have managed to find a CKAN file soruce? of the pack that has timestamps very recent, but I don't know this is the one RP-0 guys are talking about, so I'm stuck here wondering.

If the pack actually was updated and I just didn't know about it, that would be ok. Sorry to bother you in that case.

6 hours ago, ebigunso said:

I haven't used them yet either so no idea.

I thought it was also not updated anymore since this thread's OP isn't, but I saw in the RP-0 changelog stating they have updated to the latest Soviet Engines pack so... I'm confused.

I have managed to find a CKAN file soruce? of the pack that has timestamps very recent, but I don't know this is the one RP-0 guys are talking about, so I'm stuck here wondering.

If the pack actually was updated and I just didn't know about it, that would be ok. Sorry to bother you in that case.

Soviet Engine Pack is working for 1.1.2. Is available in CKAN.

gMdRymC.jpg

I've tweaked the Proton a bit to make it usable. Otherwise it flips over and over, needs to be "nose heavy" from what I've read.

I also implemented "snacks" for life support. Of course only works if you have the snacks mod installed. Soyuz TMA pod comes with 30 snacks. Progress with 1000. Mir has a capacity for 500 snacks, roughly 6 months for 3 kerbals.

Edited by AlbertoKermov

On 6/25/2016 at 3:32 PM, AlbertoKermov said:

I've tweaked the Proton a bit to make it usable. Otherwise it flips over and over, needs to be "nose heavy" from what I've read.

I also implemented "snacks" for life support. Of course only works if you have the snacks mod installed. Soyuz TMA pod comes with 30 snacks. Progress with 1000. Mir has a capacity for 500 snacks, roughly 6 months for 3 kerbals.

Looking mighty fine sir, mighty fine.

I noticed in the right click menu on the far left (Soyuz TMA) a "Auto-Ignition Altitude: 7" - is that from RO or is that something else? I'm always on the look out for more "smart" mods since the pilot frequently isn't!:D

18 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Looking mighty fine sir, mighty fine.

I noticed in the right click menu on the far left (Soyuz TMA) a "Auto-Ignition Altitude: 7" - is that from RO or is that something else? I'm always on the look out for more "smart" mods since the pilot frequently isn't!:D

I can't recall, it came like that from the original author.