Release: BobCat Ind. Space&Planet products

Hi!

Are you planning to give the soviet engine pack a little love as well?

Have been enjoying them for quite a while, but each time RealStuff (RO suite^^) gets updated, they seem to degrade a bit in their functionality :-/

Not entirely sure, might as well be issues with the actual RF/RO configs. If it's the case, feel free to forward theese issues to the corresponding RealStuff-ppl. :)

The engines still work, but now have in some cases wrong connection nodes (RD-120 bell node pe.), some have no indicated ignition limitiation, although RF and RO are installed and work as expected otherwise (correct fuels, sizes, other engines work perfectly, etc).

The latest update made the NK-9 series disappear and the larger NKs lost all alternative configs  :(

Otherwise, thank you a lot for keeping all this stuff fresh, although I'm using only the engines :)

4 hours ago, h0yer said:

Hi!

Are you planning to give the soviet engine pack a little love as well?

Have been enjoying them for quite a while, but each time RealStuff (RO suite^^) gets updated, they seem to degrade a bit in their functionality :-/

Not entirely sure, might as well be issues with the actual RF/RO configs. If it's the case, feel free to forward theese issues to the corresponding RealStuff-ppl. :)

The engines still work, but now have in some cases wrong connection nodes (RD-120 bell node pe.), some have no indicated ignition limitiation, although RF and RO are installed and work as expected otherwise (correct fuels, sizes, other engines work perfectly, etc).

The latest update made the NK-9 series disappear and the larger NKs lost all alternative configs  :(

Otherwise, thank you a lot for keeping all this stuff fresh, although I'm using only the engines :)

https://spacedock.info/mod/739/Soviet Engine Pack

?????

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 4:05 AM, AlbertoKermov said:

Updated pack

https://github.com/albertovillalobos/sovietpack

Add Russian flag
All parts available at start
Fix Kvant 1 node attachments
Adjust snack amounts
Improve Neptune panel
Add vessel view to neptune panel
Add neptune panel to orbital module and Mir

7bcRlUo.jpg

stupid question but how do I install this mod.

if you want I have added a few stuff to Bobcat's Mir and Soyuz for personal use, like gender for docking ports (like the real ones) and a career science lab for the Mir core. I could send these to you to add in the pack as these modules are from the stock game

7 hours ago, JoseEduardo said:

if you want I have added a few stuff to Bobcat's Mir and Soyuz for personal use, like gender for docking ports (like the real ones) and a career science lab for the Mir core. I could send these to you to add in the pack as these modules are from the stock game

Yeah, send that over!

Docking ports:

Soyuz DP
MODULE
{
	name = ModuleDockingNode
	referenceAttachNode = top
	nodeType = Russian
	gendered = true
	genderFemale = false
	acquireTorque = 0.5
	acquireForce = 0.5
}

Mir Probe
MODULE
{
	name = ModuleDockingNode
	nodeType = Russian
	gendered = true
	genderFemale = false
	acquireTorque = 0.5
	acquireForce = 0.5
}

Mir Drogue
MODULE
{
	name = ModuleDockingNode
	nodeType = Russian
	gendered = true
	genderFemale = true
	acquireTorque = 0.5
	acquireForce = 0.5
}

just replace the ones you have in the part file, I have changed the nodetype to Russian because by gendering them they wouldn't be compatible with the stock ones again, which aren't gendered, so why not change the node to be something more specific then? but feel free to change to whatever you want, you just need to be sure that the nodetype is the same for probe and drogue, otherwise they won't dock

Mir lab (I'd recommend adding these on the top of the module list, just to be sure, as in early versions if the container wasn't the first module the whole game would glitch out and no parts would be clickable again)

// Science
MODULE
{
	name = ModuleScienceContainer
	reviewActionName = Review Data
	storeActionName = Store Experiments
	collectActionName = Take Data
	evaOnlyStorage = True
	storageRange = 2
	allowRepeatedSubjects = True
}
MODULE
{
	name = ModuleScienceLab
	containerModuleIndex = 0
	dataStorage = 750
	crewsRequired = 1
	canResetConnectedModules = True
	canResetNearbyModules = True
	interactionRange = 5
	SurfaceBonus = 0.1
	ContextBonus = 0.25
	homeworldMultiplier = 0.1
	RESOURCE_PROCESS
	{
		name = ElectricCharge
		amount = 10
	}
}
MODULE
{
	name = ModuleScienceConverter
	dataProcessingMultiplier = 0.5 // Multiplier to data processing rate and therefore science rate
	scientistBonus = 0.25	//Bonus per scientist star - need at least one! So 0.25x - 2.5x 
	researchTime = 7	    //Larger = slower.  Exponential!
	scienceMultiplier = 5	//How much science does data turn into?
	scienceCap = 500	    //How much science can we store before having to transmit?		
	powerRequirement = 5	//EC/Sec to research
	ConverterName = Research
	StartActionName = Start Research
	StopActionName = Stop Research
}

So i read this entire thread before posting.

I am very interested in building the ISS using RSS-RO, launching, assembling returning, the whole kitten caboodle. It's a shame the ISS and the other mods in this thread aren't officially maintained anymore and have been left to die.

There aren't, (or i cant find) any accurate ISS mods for RSS-RO. The RO page links this mod in their recommendations.

I am going to soldier on and try fixing what I can like many people here have done in the last year or so with mixed success. Even if I do get it working, it appears the truss system was always pretty bad.

Is there any new projects for the ISS I should be aware of instead of trying to revive this?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...