Release: BobCat Ind. Space&Planet products

6 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Could a Moderator please lock this thread 

On 3/24/2016 at 5:15 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

OP is still active, and the discussion in thread seems to be about making the mod work in recent KSP versions so there's no need of a lock at this time.

Further, if you think something should be locked then report it, posting in thread about it is against Rule 3.2.

• 2 weeks later...

Well since no one else is even attempting to get this to work, I took a  shot at it. 

2v2gtpj.png

This is how much I have gotten to work in 1.1.0.1230 The heat shield is working too, however it wont connecct to the TMA Adapter right...

No time to day to do more today, but I ran into a funny issue...

24mhx74.png

The entire thing is falling straight down... No idea how to fix that! Nor how to get the TMA adapter to link to the service module properly.

Edited by bjbeardse

On 4/27/2016 at 3:55 PM, bjbeardse said:

Well since no one else is even attempting to get this to work, I took a  shot at it. 

This is how much I have gotten to work in 1.1.0.1230 The heat shield is working too, however it wont connecct to the TMA Adapter right...

No time to day to do more today, but I ran into a funny issue...

The entire thing is falling straight down... No idea how to fix that! Nor how to get the TMA adapter to link to the service module properly.

Apparently Dragon01 is back and is going to continue with the soyuz (there's a missing quote saying "Will we see soyuz soon")

Unfortunately this is all unconfirmed and the only thing I can take from this is that DECQ isn't developing the Soyuz system.  I'd need Dragon01 to come on here and say "soontm" before I'd start holding my breathe.  As far as I remember, he was banned (No Discussion as to why or thread will be locked!) and then was trying to make his own site for the Bobcat mods, but that all toppled over for some odd raisin.  It seems after Bobcat's mods were first released, it's been an uphill battle to keep them updated.  It's a curse I tell you!

Dragon01 was temporarily banned. The length of that temporary ban was public knowledge, and expired, jeez, about a year ago or more IIRC. If Dragon01 chooses not to post, that is up to her/him.

2 hours ago, Chrislab said:

Where can i find the Soviet Engines Pack?

I was wondering the same thing, searched thru the net only to find broken links, luckly I remember I already had it downloaded on my hard drive inside an old RSS install folder, would I break any ToS or rules if I uploaded it back to the internet for us people to use it?

16 hours ago, Chrislab said:

Where can i find the Soviet Engines Pack?

the second link actually works, but it is linked to a website which is banned on this forum so the name of the actual website and the .com has been removed.

49 minutes ago, KSPNerd said:

The Download links will not work for me at all. 

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 2:12 PM, Virtualgenius said:

Bobcats products are so old and outdated just let them die peacefully and let this thread fade away

What he ^ said.  The mod is ancient, the author has abandoned all development, and no one has picked it up in any capacity other than a few attempts at maintenance updates, but even those seem to have fallen by the wayside.  Let it go, please.

On 5/9/2016 at 5:12 PM, Virtualgenius said:

Bobcats products are so old and outdated just let them die peacefully and let this thread fade away

Though not a fan of his "photo realism" I still use many models (LER rover and Altair), after some re-textures and config fiddling  I've managed to make them work again. So if people wants to keep discussing ways to make them work please let them be,  :)

Edited by Drakenex

5 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Why  persist with a mod that's not maintained all it does is promote players to come here looking for support let it go man use the newer mods and let this die gracefully

No.

On 5/10/2016 at 5:07 PM, Stone Blue said:

I know... While the BobCat stuff was top notch, and official development has stopped, these should be let go, ESPECIALLY, since there are so many more newer, equivalent replacements

Links please? 

(Nevermind, I found this thing called "SEARCH")

Edited by bjbeardse
I am an idiot...

I think that I will update the Soviet engines in the near future, at least they are almost in good condition and will always be in demand. 

Also soon release the Angara and Soyuz, a wonderful proton is at Druid's, do not deny that soon will create a Rocket N-1, and we have Raindernick LK and LOK, and many Soviet vehicles. But the contribution of Bobcat in KSP development is invaluable, this add-on is alive even without updates. :)

The engines might be old and outdated, but they are still a wonderful addition, if playing RSS/RO, and there, they excel. And they still are perfectly supported by RF/RO.

And btw, the terminated mediafire-links still work, one just needs to paste them in the browser, fill in the missing credentials and... suddenly, Советские ракеты...^^

Edited by h0yer
typo