Release: BobCat Ind. Space&Planet products

Well, I suppose I may check it out. In the meantime, updated Soyuz pack and Proton are both released. Proton has few updates besides a major optimization pass. Soyuz is the same as the beta BobCat released some time ago, with one bug fixed.

MIR is coming soon, so's the ISS. Indeed, the former is the only thing holding up the latter. Note, the ISS pack will not feature Zvezda nor Zarya anymore. They're included with MIR pack now.

DAAAMNNNN that soyuz is amazing!!! so this mod will replace the soviet pack?

Edit: Weird enough I can't find the progress module, both in sandbox as in career mod, where can I find it?

Also can you add .craft files please?

Edited by onlinegamesz

Dragon01, don't take this the wrong way but as critical as you are with people's rocket engines/etc you need to spend a little time testing your releases.

Example:

Soyuz & Progress release. You state that RasterPropMonitor is required. That's fine but your install doesn't even contain the props for the neptune (or the VZOR)! NEPTUNE_MFD, NEPTUNE4020 and VZOR to be exact. I did, however find all three props in the HOME2 install.

What I suggest is when you are about to release a pack and you have it zipped up. Get a fresh install of KSP then install the parts pack. Then you will know if everything works. If you would have taken this step, this sorts of issues would get ironed out before people start posting in the thread, and trust me, they will.

Oh, dear, you're right. BobCat and his folder structure... Uploading a fix now. I admit, this release was kind of rushed. People wanted the Soyuz rather badly, and I just fell sick. Try it now, I've fixed that.

Regarding the Progress pod, it should be in the "pods" category.

Also, it has little to do with my complaints about scale/accuracy issues. It was a mere oversight, can happen to anyone. Thanks for reporting, such things are rather trivial to fix.

Edited by Guest

Oh, dear, you're right. BobCat and his folder structure... Uploading a fix now. I admit, this release was kind of rushed. People wanted the Soyuz rather badly, and I just fell sick. Try it now, I've fixed that.

Regarding the Progress pod, it should be in the "pods" category.

Also, it has little to do with my complaints about scale/accuracy issues. It was a mere oversight, can happen to anyone. Thanks for reporting, such things are rather trivial to fix.

It's fine I just figured if you were so detail oriented that things like this shouldn't sneak by you. As for rushing it out, I would take your time. I'd rather it be right the first time instead of finding issues along the way. If you would like, I'm willing to test things out if you want a second pair of eyes to look at it.

I'll think about it. As I said, I welcome bug reports and will try to fix them as they come. This one was easy enough, actually. Probably won't happen again, unless something drastic is done with the Soyuz (BobCat seems happy with it, though). It was due to the way I pack parts, I'm used to have everything in one place.

I'll think about it. As I said, I welcome bug reports and will try to fix them as they come. This one was easy enough, actually. Probably won't happen again, unless something drastic is done with the Soyuz (BobCat seems happy with it, though). It was due to the way I pack parts, I'm used to have everything in one place.

Fair enough. Just be sure to test it on a clean install and you will be fine. I'll let you know of anything else I find.

Due to you/bobcat renaming the part's names do you plan on releasing craft files for these releases? My old ones clearly don't work and it's a major chore to go through and rename them all.

I can do that, sure. If I don't forget, they should be in the next update. :) Oh, and any updates from the old Soviet pack to the new will be save-breaking. A lot of things changed.

Could you talk to bobcat maybe on making larger fairings/shrouds for proton and Soyuz? I've never downloaded the ISS but I imagine they are gonna need some bigger fairings. I don't quite remember but I don't think the MIR parts could even fit in the current shrouds. Like I said I could be wrong but from memory they didn't seem big enough. Idk between the CSS the Soyuz and Proton it could be slot if fun accurately assembling the iss and even MIR.

Edited by sp1989

Could you talk to bobcat maybe on making larger fairings/shrouds for proton and Soyuz? I've never downloaded the ISS but I imagine they are gonna need some bigger fairings. I don't quite remember but I don't think the MIR parts could even fit in the current shrouds. Like I said I could be wrong but from memory they didn't seem big enough.

I always launched the MIR modules with the Proton. It seems to be sized for them perfectly.

I always launched the MIR modules with the Proton. It seems to be sized for them perfectly.

Then I retract what said. Then I'm sure the ISS parts will fit. I was thinking it would need the big black fairings that Denny made for his proton.

The existing fairings are well fitted for everything. Also, if you can spare the memory, I recommend DennyTX's Proton for a MIR/ISS LV. It works just as well as BobCat's Proton, while being somewhat prettier/more accurate. I'll try to get BobCat to overhaul the current Proton, but no promises.

The existing fairings are well fitted for everything. Also, if you can spare the memory, I recommend DennyTX's Proton for a MIR/ISS LV. It works just as well as BobCat's Proton, while being somewhat prettier/more accurate. I'll try to get BobCat to overhaul the current Proton, but no promises.

That's sounds good. It's kinda tough to look at bobcats after using Denny's. Bobcats proton actually feels the least complete out of all bobcats rockets. But I guess if you never used Denny's it probably seems fine but now after playing with Denny's a little I almost can't go back. The same is true with his N1 but bobcats is pretty good too so that's not as bad. I suppose complete is the wrong word. Maybe least polished is better.

Edited by sp1989

Ok i got a chance to play with the Soyuz and I still can't get the displays to work properly or the re-entry effects. I can't even toggle the burn effects to work.

This is what I get on the display.

GDMHmkt.png

Now did bobcat change the paint on the engines. I do like the red but I don't miss the red but now they look unpainted or unfinished as plain white just an opinion. Other than the panel problems and the reentry things all is good.

Yes. :) I uploaded a slight folder structure fix. TBH, reentry effects are highly experimental. I'll have to check what's the deal with them, but it's possible for them not to work on 23.5.

Yes. :) I uploaded a slight folder structure fix. TBH, reentry effects are highly experimental. I'll have to check what's the deal with them, but it's possible for them not to work on 23.5.

That could be it because last time I used the Soyuz with the reentry effects its was in .23. I hope there is a fix because that was really cool.

Also downloaded the new version and the screen is the same and now it this comes up

Go5V4sW.png

Edited by sp1989

Hello everyone and sorry for my little(very very little) English. For some reason, the new version "Soyuz" refuses to work. Installed previous versions of the Soviet package where I replaced the Soyuz to the new version. During a union station MIR also ceased to work properly in orbit. Maybe I installed it wrong? What should be the folder hierarchy in the new Soyuz gamedata?

0_ffc18_3e93f3c0_XL.png

Hello everyone and sorry for my little(very very little) English. For some reason, the new version "Soyuz" refuses to work. Installed previous versions of the Soviet package where I replaced the Soyuz to the new version. During a union station MIR also ceased to work properly in orbit. Maybe I installed it wrong? What should be the folder hierarchy in the new Soyuz gamedata?

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4702/121828527.0/0_ffc18_3e93f3c0_XL.png

That's because Dragon01 messed up somewhere. You have to download the HOME3 package and install some of the files, which were accidentally included in the HOME3 package instead of the Soyuz package.

No, this bug has been fixed. This is a case of missing IVA. I forgot to mention, the new Soyuz, and the whole Soviet Pack, may be incompatible with everything released thus far. I made so many changes that it will probably not work with the new Soviet Pack at all.

Anyway, the next version of Soyuz is coming up. I think I've fixed most of the bugs this time, but I can't guarantee reentry effects will work.