Eyes Turned Skywards UPDATE now with Signup Sheet

NathanKell

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Was there ever a download link for those? My RSS station needs a little love.

There are separate links for the HRS panels by themselves and the S1 truss (with 3x HRS panels on a main arm). I'm not sure of their vintage though so let me make new uploads and link those up as I'm not sure where I was up to following some hard drive issues

[Edit] After I get Unity reinstalled anyway. And partTools /headdesk

[Edit2] Fresh copy of the S1 (current beta)

Please let me know if anything is wrong with it, really need to finish that

Edited by NoMrBond

• 2 weeks later...

Thought this would be appreciated here. First module of Freedom, done in 6.4x size Kerbin RSS.

screenshot3.png

Still making tweaks, but it's the same general idea. Getting that into orbit is taking some doing though. 30 tons, or thereabouts. Launcher is currently inspired by the Saturn Multibody. I've got a few Apollo Block III+, Block IV, and Block V versions as well. If you'd like to see any, I'll post some screenshots of those as well.

Making this stuff in KSP is a lot of fun, I have to say! :) And enjoying the new chapters coming out as well for ETS!

Actually, the main module is SXT Heavy Orbital Habitat x2. There is a skin similar for PP from the FreedomTex pack. Smaller unit is FusTek, truss is the Speedy's Hex Truss System with a Procedural tank clipped inside. There's some AIES antennas on there, and KW for the RCS thrusters. NearFutureSolar for the panels (with some Tweakscale help), and some B9 omni lights.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Those fuel tanks are ..... And that being said, i still hope this is all still on the backburner for you guys.

Much as I've enjoyed doing it, replicating everything using other mods has been quite the ordeal, and I'd love to have real, completely accurate parts to simplify everything.

The space station parts in particular are what I'm interested in. The normal spacecraft and the rockets were easy by comparison, and while my version is great, it still isn't quite right.

ZTnHv4k.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
The space station parts in particular are what I'm interested in. The normal spacecraft and the rockets were easy by comparison' date=' and while my version is great, it still isn't quite right.[/quote']

Just saw this, and I'm suitably impressed! Personally, I kind of like kitbashing this kind of stuff together. So, I know it's been a while, but what mods did you use for all of this? Looks like Stockalike Station parts, NF Structural, NF Solar (I think), FASA (the MOL?), and Infernal Robotics. I see a few parts I don't recognize, though, like the docking ports. In any case, I'd call that a well-done station.

But true, having the real deal would be cool as well. If I was decent with Blender or textures I'd totally help out in that regard, but I'm more of a config jockey.

You had most of them. I also used Tantares, which was actually the missing link in being able to kitbash that station together. Also allowed me to do a clean AARDV's. Just had to add Tweakscale to some of the parts, and change a couple around to support their various uses (I used the same part for the Challenger station core and for Block III+ Mission Modules) and bam. http://gthaatar.imgur.com/]My Imgur has a lot of pictures of what I was able to kitbash together using all those parts packs and Tweakscale. Pretty much had all of the American spacecraft and stations.

So, not sure if anybody else has tried this, but CMES makes for pretty good analogues for the Freedom modules. IE: The Challenger module in ETS was based off an S-IVB stage, which in KSP scale (going off the FASA pack) translates to about 3.75 meters in diameter. Here's my rough model, still a few things to launch up, plus some additions I took the liberty of making.

1gMcE7j.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Man. Why is it every parts pack I seem to want to use is always past its prime or struggling to get off the ground.

Here's my take on the Apollo Block III+ Mission Module. I still suck at texturing... But this is a 1.875m part.

Just a quick question for @NathanKell I saw the post that says FASA is now CC 4.0 but the download from Spacedock still says "All Rights Reserved". Which is correct?

Here's the rub I'm running into.. I can make these parts to accommodate FASA part sizes and pieces (ie docking probe/drogue) but I just won't be able to match the detail or texturing of that parts pack. Which makes me think that the only way to have parts I'd be proud of would be to do not just the Block III SM/MM/ARDDV/ and just finished SM Engine, but to also make the Apollo capsule and the probe/drogue parts as well. *sigh*

I don't know why, but when I use the textures from FASA's CSM I get a color mismatch with Fizzak's parts and my SM. The parts look the same in the VAB, but there is a SIGNIFICANT difference outside and in space. Anyway... Apollo Block III featuring Block III service module and new LEO SPS engine.

LnaOJLy.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.