Eyes Turned Skywards UPDATE now with Signup Sheet

NathanKell

Hrm, I was going to say it looks a bit like one of Porkjets inflatable hab's, but procedural parts? that's neat.

Cool, where can I download the radiator panels?

There's a beta link for the panels on page#10.

Unwrapped and things, basic texture with AO baked in

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Will fix up the UV's then make the NRM and do the bakes off that

Edited by NoMrBond

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

The work so far is looking amazing! It's incredible to see these things morphing into something playable.

After some discussions with the creators of Eyes Turned Skywards, it's been decided to get a bit more 'professional' about things and clarify that Eyes works should go under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This basically just means that use of the designs and files should include attribution, not be used for commercial purposes, and any derived works be shared under the same conditions - so pretty much what everyone was doing anyway :) I've updated the ReadMe files to include this license information.

So, now that's out of the way, here are two new Blend files for the Japanese labs on Freedom:

Kibo Lab Module

Centrifuge Gravity Lab

• 3 weeks later...
Y U No bake AO?

I did, it's in the prior post to that one

I keep redoing it though because I'm not really happy with the UV's, but unless I draw the line somewhere it's never going to get finished.

[Edit] I changed some of the arrays to linked copies so I could rotate the copies and get the correct shading on the 'outside'

Edited by NoMrBond

Nice!

And...supreme apologies to all! Especially e of pi and nixonshead. :(

Right about when I thought I could devote serious time to this, .24 entered experimentals and I haven't had time to do much of anything since other than update broken mods.

Just for some inspiration, here's a screenshot of my take on the Freedom station. This was back in .23.5, and i'm still waiting for the mods to update to .24.2.

What mods you have there? FusTek Expansion, and maybe Near Future (possibly KOSMOS) for the panels. Don't recognize the rest...

You know how I said I would draw the line on the UV's? Yeah, didn't happen, redid them again, as an upside found and removed a bunch of duplicate faces so the whole thing is around the 3-4 mainsail level in terms of tri/face 'load'

PyyN1Et.jpg

Unfortunately this resets the texture back to basically zero, although it should be faster to rebuild now

Managed to integrate the HRS panels on there too, no time to test if the suncatcher is working though

What mods you have there? FusTek Expansion, and maybe Near Future (possibly KOSMOS) for the panels. Don't recognize the rest...

I can spot FASA in there (or Danny's Saturn V mod, can't tell the difference at that res).

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, I'm still currently working on Spacelab, just a bit delayed with .24 being released and having to transition to a new 3D Modeling program for Uni.

Not sure about everyone else, but I'm hoping to have Spacelab done completely by the end of the month, including IVA and science experiments.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Unless there are specific colours desired for certain sections (I've tried to keep the ones from the ETS example files) I just need to make the sun (edge) tracking work again and I'll roll up another release for feedback

It's set up exactly like the preceding HRS panels but it just won't rotate for some reason

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.