You know you're a noob in KSP when...

Science-Recon

When you figure that your chuted lander will work on the Mun, because it worked on Kerbin. It should have been obvious, but for some reason I glossed over the whole thing about moons having no atmosphere.

You can guess how my first Mun landing went.

I will confess to having installed a few sets of landing legs upside down only to discover my error on decent. Minmus isn't too bad. You can just gently land on your engine most of the time.

-When you accidentally deorbit yourself while attempting a rendezvous.

-When you lose control of a ship because you forgot to deploy the solar panels

-When you lose control of a ship because you forgot to *include* solar panels in the first place

/ I have done all of these...

You know you're a noob if your wife hasn't started commenting on the amount of time you spend playing KSP and not spending time with her.

By this criteria I must be a master KSP'er.

.... When you think your kerbals are actually permanently dead when they crash on the Mun, or when you wonder how long they can survive being stranded there....

When you figure that your chuted lander will work on the Mun, because it worked on Kerbin. It should have been obvious, but for some reason I glossed over the whole thing about moons having no atmosphere.

You can guess how my first Mun landing went.

Well this is me.. Actually I knew there is no atmosphere on moon,but I didnt knew Ksp is that realistic :D

- when you always trust the VAB to get your staging right

- (with RemoteTech) when you've sent an armada of ships to the Jool system and realize that none of your long range antennas will survive the aerobraking and that periapsis is in Jool's "shadow" (oh did that hurt!)

- (with Near Future and Interstellar installed) when you realize that the thermal power generator of the one mod doesn't work with the nuclear reactor of the other

- when you realize that some antennas and thermal radiators have collision detection and are able to break your ship in pieces

- when you forget to make a copy of your saved files after removing "that mod that you don't want to use anymore", before starting the game - and lose 90% of your vessels after loading (thanks Squad!)

I've done everything that was said in all of the posts before mine. :huh:

-When you say "Hey! This solar probe has more fuel: Let's try and get a Duna encounter!" *runs out of fuel* GAAA

-When you think that putting parachutes on the back of your intake nacelles is a "real good idea" NOT

-When you have no idea what a RTG is

-When your new SSTO version of a plane that was designed to bomb tanks ACTUALLY CAN SPACE and then you realize that you forgot the docking port/KAS pipe

-When you make BEWTIFUL EXPLOSIONS and then realize that it's probably a bad idea to do that next to the fuel tankers for the Jool Interplanetary Mk.XIX (yes, that means 19)

This post has been brought to you by everything I have done in KSP when I first got it.

• 5 weeks later...
You know you're a noob when you try to dock with a ship... On a reversed orbit.

I once dedicated an entire series of satellites, the Lolsats, to attempting to achieve a collision like that. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. :(

I once dedicated an entire series of satellites, the Lolsats, to attempting to achieve a collision like that. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. :(

I tried the same, even with 0.0 km distance they tended to pass each other.

Feel you need some size on them as its very easy to get a 20 meter miss, yes this would crash an kethane miner or ssto into an space station

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.