You know you're a noob in KSP when...

Science-Recon

You know you are a noob when you dock your stations and craft without fitting any RCS to them or using the map (because you don`t know about the map or RCS yet)

I did that. I just thought docking was hardcore.

...when you try putting your spacecraft into orbit by burning radially.

(I did that in a 2D rocket "simulator" on my phone... I did a 90 degrees forward headbutt when I found out which way to burn)

...when you think you can fly in a straight line to other planets in space.

AV

...when you write "A" instead of Ά(delta)

(by the way, ISP means specific impulse, and ÃŽâ€v means a change in velocity)

You know you are a noob in KSP when you forget to add parachutes to your ship and you are already in high altitude!!!

Been there, done that...

I FINALLY got an intercept vector with Duna and completed a ~10 minute burn. 100+ million meters away from Kerbin I realized that I failed to install antennas anywhere on either my IPV, or my lander.

You know you are a newb when you build the biggest rocket you can think of and try and get into orbit around kerbin....

Seriosuly them things just don't move, sure exit the solar system.... but getting into orbit, pleeeeasssee i won't be doing that (first time amte was playing with the nasa stuff... was rather amusing)

When your 2000 ton 5 meter Jool V challenge rocket, with lots of side boosters, does a somersault directly from the pad and you add more SAS, do about ten launches and check and re-check your steering, scour the forums for mod and stock bugs, only to realize you've accidentally part clipped a launch clamp -inside- the stack.

I'm just shy of 2000 hours and stuff like the above happens all the time. I love this game!

You know you are a n00b when either: A)-You cover-up the entrance to your command pod and only realize that once you have already reached your destination, or B)-You do the opposite and forget to add ladders to your tall spacecraft and only realize this once your kerbal(s) get out and try to get back in on a high gravity world.

You know you're a noob when your cockpit falls off the front of the space plane on the runway. No staging, no engines. Just falls off.

Or when you attach an engine to the bottom of an SRB.

Or you forget to attach solar panels to a probe.

Or you successfully land on the Mun without enough fuel/rcs to take off again.

Or you use the last of your fuel/rcs to circularize your orbit, unable to de-orbit.

Or attempt to dock a craft to refuel and realize you forgot to add the docking port

Or building a spaceplane without air intakes and wondering why your engines aren't turning on.

Or using Jumbo tank booster rockets to put a light orbiter into space.

Edited by Zourin

...when you attempt to make a Mun landing and simply burn retrograde as soon as you hit periapsis after arriving in the SOI.

Without thinking twice about the fact that you'll be landing on the dark side.

With no lights.

Crashing into the terrain at 3km because you thought the displayed altitude was relative to actual ground level.

With no way to reload because you didn't know about quicksave.

Definitely not the story of my first Munar landing in KSP... :D

Edited by Kerano

......you finally unlock the interstellar warp drive, collect anti matter, transfer it to your craft that you painfully assembled in orbit, activate it and smash the whole thing into jool at light speed ( while corrupting your save file of course) because you forgot to set a hotkey for "deactivate warp drive" and right clicking is far to slow .......

....when you realize F.A.R. is actually spelled D.E.A.T.H........

.....you think visiting eve will be fun.........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.