You know you're a noob in KSP when...

Science-Recon

Just now, Gargamel said:

The mohole's exist in a parallel universe to our own, the holes are actually the gateway.  Hence why physics stop working correctly and things glitch out going down the holes.  

Is it possible to learn this power?

7 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

The mohole's exist in a parallel universe to our own, the holes are actually the gateway.  Hence why physics stop working correctly and things glitch out going down the holes.  

So the Mohole is Yog-Sothoth? This game has a veritable pantheon of cosmic horrors doesn't it?

I'm in year 155 of a career mode game and routinely launch massive multi million kredit space stations and mobile bases, but I still occasionally attach decoupler rings the wrong way and end with them stuck on the craft forever...until I destroy the craft after the end of its service life.

What's really annoying about this mistake is that if you miss it in the VAB. you don't discover it until after the craft is at its destination. I have two mobile bases with expended decouplers stuck to them. On one of them the decouplers are affixed to the flat central window paignes of copulas. And since I recently equipped them both with Bon Voyage modules they'll both have much longer service lives since I no longer have to drive them personally all over their respective bodies.

Edited by Zosma Procyon

3 minutes ago, Zosma Procyon said:

I'm in year 155 of a career mode game and routinely launch massive multi million kredit space stations and mobile bases, but I still occasionally attach decoupler rings the wrong way and end with them stuck on the craft forever...until I destroy the craft after the end of its service life.

You could get in the habit of using stack separators instead.

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

You could get in the habit of using stack separators instead.

Yeah literally every time i make the aforementioned mistake I promise myself that I'll use stack separators for everything, and I do fo a few days but always forget and go back to using decouplers. Though since I am no longer permitting debris to persist in my career mode, maybe it's time to try to make that switch again.

Build your first lander ever. I mean undock-land-do business-takeoff-dock one, not the land-and-return spaceship.

Couple it to the crew pod and mount the engine in front, well ain't that obvious? Apollo LM was docked nose to nose with CM, right?

Realize "in progress" that 1) now prograde means retrograde 2) For the RCS too and...

Mqr0WUQ.png

3) Your kerbonauts go EVA head down. Which matters little on low gravity bodies, like Gilly here.

On 11/14/2018 at 6:59 PM, Zosma Procyon said:

I still occasionally attach decoupler rings the wrong way and end with them stuck on the craft forever

Or you can install KAS and have your kerbals unbolt the unwanted parts.

On 6/2/2014 at 4:15 PM, tutrakan4e said:

... when you throttle up with a solid-fuel only rocket and think you messed up because you can't stop the boosters.

Somewhat old but when was my first time it was on a solid fueled plane

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.