[1.0.5 - Alpha 6] Dang It! (12 september 2015)

Ippo

I'm sorry but there is a minor screw up in the Alpha 3 build I uploaded yesterday.

I accidentally published the debug build: the difference is minor, but the resource definition for spare parts was incomplete: in the debug build they aren't expensive and heavy enough.

As with Alpha 2, manual failures are still enabled for testing / roleplaying.

HI i have a problem maybe its a bug but im not quit sure if i install dang it in my 0.24 version it srcese up the funds to be more precise when i build a rocket when i ad the first part instead of going up the 300 funds or whatever it cost it goes down 2000 Funds so beginning rockets are practicly for free.

Im positiv it comes from dang it as when i take it out of the gamedata folder everything is back to normall

HI i have a problem maybe its a bug but im not quit sure if i install dang it in my 0.24 version it srcese up the funds to be more precise when i build a rocket when i ad the first part instead of going up the 300 funds or whatever it cost it goes down 2000 Funds so beginning rockets are practicly for free.

Im positiv it comes from dang it as when i take it out of the gamedata folder everything is back to normall

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Fresh install, funds are okay, installing Dang It messes it up. Mk1 costs 600 originally, then it is down to 264, and once I use it I have a negative price for my rocket.

Hello Ippo,

I'm having exactly the same issue. I'm getting funds for the rockets I build! I have uninstalled in the meanwhile... Hope you find a fix soon!

Help, my game goes bonkers when I try to launch a vessel with a Rapier engine. This occurs regardless of x64 bit or normal.

------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Loading ship from file: C:/Games/KSP/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/../saves/theSpeare/Ships/SPH/Auto-Saved Ship.craft

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[DangIt]: DangItEnginesFX[-257486]: ERROR: Multiple suitable modules found!
at DangIt.FailureModule.GetModule[ModuleEnginesFX] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

PartModuleException: Multiple suitable modules found!
at DangIt.FailureModule.GetModule[ModuleEnginesFX] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ResourceDisplay.CreateResourceList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ResourceDisplay.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at UIPartActionController.UpdateResourceWindows () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionController.UpdateFlight () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

No, I've been busy in RL. I'll have some time this weekend.

P.S: By the way, I found out what is causing the issue with the rapiers. I added a safety measure in the code to prevent unexpected stuff, but then I found out that the rapiers don't respect my assumption. I'll get to it as soon as I can

Edited by Ippo

This is not really a small patch as the .1 would suggest: the big stuff is that it is now FAR-compatible! Or at least it didn't cause any problems when *I* tested it. To install the FAR patch, just copy the new ZZZ_DangIt_FAR folder in your GameData. DO NOT RENAME THIS FOLDER*, otherwise it will not work. If you don't use FAR, you can either remove this folder or just leave it there, it won't cause any problems.

The cost of command pods has been fixed, and also the issue with rapier engines.

* or if you really must, just make sure it comes after "FerramAerospaceResearch": it needs to be loaded after FAR, and the AddonLoader goes in alphabetical order.

Congrats on the release!

Thanks :) I hope there are no game-breaking bugs in this update. If you find any you better let me know in the next few days because I'll be on vacation for a week starting from next wednesday ^^

some failures might be relatively harmless, but others might seriously ruin your day.

Seriously? Like what? A leaking on the main tank of my first KSO orbiter just after jettisoning the spent booster? I barely made it to a sub-orbital trajectory, but I should have returned immediately after the failure, because... erm... it disintegrate on re-entry due to the sharp angle and because it was too light on the back to get the nose up. Yap, it ruined my day, but only because all I could think about after that was the Columbia disaster...

Edit: Just to not let it looking like I was moaning, this mod is really, reeeeeally FUN (in the most dwarven way, for those around who play DF)! Nice work, Ippo!

Edited by BadLeo

Seriously? Like what? A leaking on the main tank of my first KSO orbiter just after jettisoning the spent booster? I barely made it to a sub-orbital trajectory, but I should have returned immediately after the failure, because... erm... it disintegrate on re-entry due to the sharp angle and because it was too light on the back to get the nose up. Yap, it ruined my day, but only because all I could think about after that was the Columbia disaster...

Actually, so far I found that the most dangerous failure I implemented is, surprisingly, control surfaces that remain stuck. If a flap sticks in the middle of a manouvre, god help you, FAR or not.

Actually, so far I found that the most dangerous failure I implemented is, surprisingly, control surfaces that remain stuck. If a flap sticks in the middle of a manouvre, god help you, FAR or not.

*runs to download eva parachutes' mod*

Edit: I bet you could make it fail, too.

flatspinning at mach 3

Yap, just like that. The crew was 6. They all died on account of hight g-forces. Poor dudes. I shall name some crafts after them.

Hey Ippo, I was thinking, could you make failed components to have an influence on the failure of other components? Like a short-circuited battery next to an fuel/oxygen tank could have a chance of a big BOOM, ripping your craft in half. That should give people more incentive to immediately proceed a fixing even of the most irrelevant failure instead of think like "sure, I have 23 other batteries, who cares about that one?"

Cascade failures won't be on the list for a long while, because of technical reasons and mainly for balancing. Finding what parts are close to each other is not trivial unless they are radially mounted, and also, I won't be doing explosions (at least not in the core, will be a separate add on) which would make it kinda absurd if an empty battery caused a reaction wheel to stop, or things like that.

I'd rather work on new types of failure: engines are in for more problems, and also all the generators and brakes. When I come back from Spain I'll try to get the collisions to influence your parts. Also, I should write the wiki, because I don't think it is clear for everyone that they should try to keep their parts cold if they want them to last... ;)

Uh, that's all right. When you release the explosive 'add on', I'm sure downloading. Hehehe Also, there is already a cabin de-pressurization failure? Would be great... er, not really, but would be neat.

Well, going to Spain? Tenga una buena viaje! xD

Great mod!

I've read the first post and skimmed through the thread, but am unable to find out how to turn off the manual failures option. Of course I have tried setting the flag to false in the config file, but it doesn't help! I've tried disabling all my other mods and just running with DangIt, but it doesn't help. Is this function perhaps not implemented yet?

Once again thanks!

regards

Dax

Edited by Darojax

w. Is this function perhaps not implemented yet?

I'm afraid it is not implemented yet. I wanted to, but then 0.24 came out and I had to rush a couple of things :/

Sorry about that.

I'm afraid it is not implemented yet. I wanted to, but then 0.24 came out and I had to rush a couple of things :/

Sorry about that.

Hehe, well, you are doing this for your personal enjoyment, you shouldn't really apologize. : ) Is all good, I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong, is all.

Tnx!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.