[1.0.5 - Alpha 6] Dang It! (12 september 2015)

Ippo

Yep that's the file,

Is there anything in specific that triggers it (the lag?) Causing a failure? Repairing one? Do you have sound warnings enabled?

Sorry about that :(

maybe. lag triggers only after i enter into VAB or SPH and continues after i exit to start menu. very laggy lag)

after i roll back to 442 or delete mod all becomes normal\\\

Edited by MiltiTrace

Alpha 0.5.1 - Performance Hotfix

I've tracked down the issue that was causing massive performance issues and permanently fixed it. Alpha 0.5.1 no longer impacts FPS.

Download from KerbalStuff or update with CKAN.

Have fun :)

Not sure why but I still have noticeable performance hit from 0.5.1, less then 0.5 but still.

same rocket at launch

0.4.42 - time rate 80% 28 fps

0.5.1 - time rate 50% 16 fps

No log spam, very messy setup with ton of mods

It's not proper report - so I do not ask for help or support. Just saying:wink:

Edited by zzz

What does this mean???

There are two random-failures mods that are at similar stages of development and popularity: DangIt! and Kerbal Mechanics by IRNifty. I think he's saying that he prefers Kerbal Mechanics at the moment for the wider range of failure types and affected parts, but if they were equal in that respect he prefers the other features of DangIt!.

Alpha 0.5.2 - Endless Patches

This should fix zzz's problem (or at least improve it greatly.) I've optimized the AlarmManager code so it should be a lot faster. That being said, remember that this mod is Alpha and there always will be bugs to iron out. That being said, I think 0.5.2 is bug-free.

Get it on KerbalStuff or update on CKAN.

Have fun :)

P.S. I'm sorry for these performance issues... :( ... really, I'll be sure to do more complete testing in the future.

P.P.S. This is out EXACTLY when I said it would be (one hour from previous post!)

P.P.P.S. Now that there are no outstanding performance issues, I'm going to get back to work on real features

P.P.P.P.S. Is anyone interested in being a beta tester?

Edited by Coffeeman

This should fix zzz's problem (or at least improve it greatly.)

Perfomance is better now, I didn't test it intensively but at least no noticible difference from 0.4.4.2 at launchpad. Thanks.

Edited by zzz

I'm so sorry for all the hiccups guys, first time with a big mod like this ;.;

Well, remember that the previous version was 0.4.4.2 :P

You still have 2.2 versions before you are officially sloppier than me :P

I've updated the OP :)

First I want to say thank you for this mod. I really like it. It makes KSP a lot more I teresting.

I do have one issue. I feel that RCS thrusters break to quick. I mean before I get to Mun without even using them they are broken. How can I change this? I would still like em to break but just not as fast.

I thank you for any help on what settings to change or how to change the cfg.file for them.

...how to change the cfg.file for them...

In your Gamedata folder there is a folder called DangIt, and in that is a folder called ModuleManager. Inside of that there is a file called RCS.cfg. In that file you will find a part that says

// Annual Failure Rate: 100%
MTBF = 8760

// Engines must decay *VERY* quickly compared to other parts
LifeTime = 1

change it to

// Annual Failure Rate: 100%
MTBF = 16000

// Engines must decay *VERY* quickly compared to other parts
LifeTime = 5

then save the file and restart KSP.

Ty. I did just this. I expect to get doublecthe lifespan. Is this correct?

Also ty for such a rapid response.

I really like your mod ty for creating it.

Edit: I see your not the creator but your handling the mod now. Ty for the continued work.

Edited by notsorightstuph
not creator

...Is this correct...

Yep, about that. Failures should happen about 1/2x as often, and it should last 5x as long. Additionally, remember to shut off your RCSb when your not using it :)

Of course, you can make those numbers whatever you want.

In other news, it's 1am, in going to bed :P

Edited by Coffeeman

Updated to KSP 0.90.

Also should fix an issue with the RCS thrusters that should make them work more consistently with the expectations.

Awesome, I bet this mod will go great with the .90 updates.

(Also FYI, if you follow the "Install Manually" on the front page of this thread, it takes you to your wiki, and the wiki has a bad link for Kerbal Stuff. It took me longer than I would care to admit to figure out that I could download this mod from your signature)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.