[1.0.5 - Alpha 6] Dang It! (12 september 2015)

Ippo

Unfortunately no: you can only specify one trait and you must set its level. We could implement the second part (i.e, any trait with that level) but as far as I know the stock XP system allows only one trait per kerbal.

Unfortunately no: you can only specify one trait and you must set its level. We could implement the second part (i.e, any trait with that level) but as far as I know the stock XP system allows only one trait per kerbal.

Would love the level requirement without trait requirement. I just feel for me having every repair only be an engineer makes all the other classes obsolete. I mean once I have a probe core I slap that on everything for sas and I have no problem with gaining science without scientists resetting anything. So I have no use for anything other than an engineer after getting a probe core. I want to make it so any class that is level 1 can repair med priority failures and take most of the engineer exclusivity away. I know this is mainly a stock issue as the whole class system is just about useless beside engineers as their ability are the only ones not replaced by mods or stock(add more science experiments. Don't need scientists or just use stock probes. Don't need pilots). Love the mod thank you and coffeman

Hi; I'm having an issue with spares in this mod. My engine's inspection states "Time to get a new one" but I can't repair it because clicking the "Take Spares" button on the command module doesn't do anything. The kerbal in question is an engineer, and whenever I click "replace -------", it says "you need - spares to maintain this". Is this a mod issue or am I doing it wrong?

Is it possible that you add failures for non-active Vessel somehow?

This would add a challenge for players that play with mods like RemoteTech, as they must keep their satellites working.

Hi; I'm having an issue with spares in this mod. My engine's inspection states "Time to get a new one" but I can't repair it because clicking the "Take Spares" button on the command module doesn't do anything. The kerbal in question is an engineer, and whenever I click "replace -------", it says "you need - spares to maintain this". Is this a mod issue or am I doing it wrong?

We are going to see the log for this.

Is it possible that you add failures for non-active Vessel somehow?

This would add a challenge for players that play with mods like RemoteTech, as they must keep their satellites working.

It's long planned, and not trivial. One day :)

I don't get any logs for the game because it doesn't crash. It just doesn't let me take out spares. Do I need to do something before launch? I'm playing on science mode.

Well, the log is always there even if the game does not crash. But judging from the picture, you did not install Community Resource Pack.

Would it be too much of a bother to ask for '>' and '<' at the edges of the slider for spare parts? Kinda like the buttons procedural parts have to change the size of the tanks.

Its very hard to precisely add round integers of parts into a pod (there is no reason for me to have 5.42 spare parts where I can only use 5.00 of that number).

I recall there was talk regarding having separate 'spare parts' that use the KIS system. Are you still planning to have that integration? That's obviously easier said than done, but golly that would be pretty sweet.

I just installed Dang it! for the first time since 0.25 (my 1.0 attempt was abandoned and I finally upgraded and created the Ultimate Career Mode for Frustrating Rage tm). I'm through my Kercury flights and starting Kemini and so far no fails. Very short flights with expendable craft. I remember back in 0.25 tweaking values to reduce failures (i like them rare and devastating). I noticed a variety of values of reliability in the wiki. I can't wait to see what happens to old, decrepit probes and space stations ::giddy grin::

So excited. I think I'm insane. :) I'll try to take pics of the worst of it if I don't waste my time flinging engineers into space to bounce of hulls and struggle with weird space tools.

Thanks again Ippo and Coffeeman for making KSP less relaxing and bringing the simulated palm sweats to us at Mission Control.

now that ferram has basically written FAR from the ground up, would it be possible to look into getting compatibility with it so that the control surfaces can fail if FAR is installed?

Anybody out there combine KCT with Dang it! ? I'm curious if the part degradation starts as soon as you order a ship constructed. I started a huge production line and it was funny, some of my ships with 40+ day construction times had numerous failure-on-the pad situations, which is weird. But then again, could just be my bad luck.

Same thing goes for using inventoried parts vs. new parts.

Anybody out there combine KCT with Dang it! ? I'm curious if the part degradation starts as soon as you order a ship constructed. I started a huge production line and it was funny, some of my ships with 40+ day construction times had numerous failure-on-the pad situations, which is weird. But then again, could just be my bad luck.

Same thing goes for using inventoried parts vs. new parts.

I have the same question but related to the Kerbal Inventory System. If you have spare parts in storage containers. Are they still brand new when fitted later in EVA?

vM704Vt.jpg

Spare parts in spaaaaace

Proud to announce that the radial repair bay is all finished, and in game! Files have been sent to Ippo and Coffeeman to configure for the mod as they see fit :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.