[1.0.5 - Alpha 6] Dang It! (12 september 2015)

Ippo

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎11 at 4:52 PM, Ippo said:

Hey guys! Just chimin' in to say that while it's true I am not maintaining this mod anymore, I would definitely like to review a pull request to update the mod :)

There is also a very slim chance that I might just update it myself, but it's very slim so don't count on it (I am trying to balance way too many things right now).

Cheers!

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎11 at 5:04 PM, Coffeeman said:

Thats awesome!

Id be happy to merge that PR and do the requisite CKAN stuff. Its awesome to see people interested :)

Im sorry its gone so long without an update, I havent had any time to look into that recently, and have been leaving my curator responsibilities behind.

I'd happily learn what's needed to contribute to these efforts.  This is pretty much the only mod I'd rate as "significant" to my gameplay that I'm still waiting on.  Any suggestions how I might begin?

21 hours ago, MisterFister said:

I'd happily learn what's needed to contribute to these efforts.  This is pretty much the only mod I'd rate as "significant" to my gameplay that I'm still waiting on.  Any suggestions how I might begin?

You can start by having a github account and making a fork of the original, then you can start recompiling and adding features, as far as I know.

But Im not modder not maintainer of the mod, try asking coffeman if you feel better about it.

Edited by Elkram

On 5/6/2016 at 11:19 PM, MisterFister said:

So, the good news is that I took a couple of hourse to set everything up again and update a couple of things. Now on github there's a "1.1" branch that does compile.

The bad news is that it doesn't work at all. Stay tuned, I'll see what I can do.

Quick update: things seem to be progressing quite well. After fixing the build it seems that there are not so many problems left (especially once I remembered to actually install the dependencies that I've personally chosen...). The biggest problem right now seems to be that the alarms are broken and I have no idea how, but I'll figure it out eventually. Worst case scenario is that I fix everything else and make a temporary release without the audio alarms, but I hope not.

By the way, I hadn't seen the repair bay made by @Daishi in a while and oh god it's gorgeous. Kudos, it's absolutely fantastic! <3

4 hours ago, Ippo said:

Quick update: things seem to be progressing quite well. After fixing the build it seems that there are not so many problems left (especially once I remembered to actually install the dependencies that I've personally chosen...). The biggest problem right now seems to be that the alarms are broken and I have no idea how, but I'll figure it out eventually. Worst case scenario is that I fix everything else and make a temporary release without the audio alarms, but I hope not.

By the way, I hadn't seen the repair bay made by @Daishi in a while and oh god it's gorgeous. Kudos, it's absolutely fantastic! <3

Thanks @Ippo!
I can't wait for this to be released again! Thanks again for taking the time to do this for us! <3

12 hours ago, ultraviolet150 said:

Thanks @Ippo!
I can't wait for this to be released again! Thanks again for taking the time to do this for us! <3

No problem, I like you guys :) sorry for being slow though. During the week time is really an issue for me, so I doubt I will be making any real progress before next weekend.

5 hours ago, Ippo said:

No problem, I like you guys :) sorry for being slow though. During the week time is really an issue for me, so I doubt I will be making any real progress before next weekend.

Hey listen, honestly, whenever it gets done is great, sooner the better obviously, but dont stress yourself out about it. Seeing a proper working release, whenever that may be, is awesome! As long as this mod stays alive! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Everything just feels...  too reliable... without Dang it. :)

I've taken to installing Far for aerodynamic failures and using the Mutiny option in USI life support to break whatever I can in the meantime. :P

Edited by autumnalequinox

2 hours ago, autumnalequinox said:

Everything just feels...  too reliable... without Dang it. :)

I've taken to installing Far for aerodynamic failures and using the Mutiny option in USI life support to break whatever I can in the meantime. :P

there's a 1.1 branch on github that builds and works partially. It still has a number of problems though. In the meantime, you could try TestFlight :)

6 hours ago, Ippo said:

there's a 1.1 branch on github that builds and works partially. It still has a number of problems though. In the meantime, you could try TestFlight :)

TestFlight seems pretty bonked with this update as well (actually last few updates it seems).  I have nothing but patience I just like to stir up quiet mod threads sometimes. :D  In the meantime I'm working on a mod myself that will cause batteries and reaction wheels to get worn out over time.  Might satisfy me a bit.

On 11.07.2016 at 1:32 AM, LabRats said:

Does anyone have a compiled version of Ippo's recent 1.1 branch? I haven't learned how to build projects for KSP yet. Mzoworka's compile doesn't seem to work in 1.1.3. 

If no one does, thats ok too.

Seem to be working for me (including alarm sound) but I do not guarantee anything.

Release branch compiled for 1.13: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6TnrNxfEXJmTFVQcFh4ekRpVU0/view?usp=sharing

Debug branch compiled for 1.13 http://rgho.st/87Kbp7jJK

I initially uploaded debug branch compile with 2 debug buttons present for almost each part. Now there is also a Release branch compile, seem to be working fine for me, at least random failures, leaking, highlight, sound, alert messages - all was working properly.

Aslo I want to thank Ippo, Coffeeman and everyone contributed to this mod - it is so awesome and must have for me that I see little reason to playing without it. Thank you guys, great job.

Edited by S1mancoder

• 2 weeks later...

hello and good evening. now i use dangit in 1.1.3 an i think it works. now a vessel got the first failure.

But please can someone tell me how do i see which vessel get a failure part on it. it was just telling me batterie failure. if i have many vessels i don´t know how to find it.

thanks a lot!

13 minutes ago, M4ssler said:

hello and good evening. now i use dangit in 1.1.3 an i think it works. now a vessel got the first failure.

But please can someone tell me how do i see which vessel get a failure part on it. it was just telling me batterie failure. if i have many vessels i don´t know how to find it.

thanks a lot!

I got a battery failure on one of my probes, so It definitely works. I don't think there is a way though, I thought it only affected the active vessel.

3 minutes ago, Andem said:

I got a battery failure on one of my probes, so It definitely works. I don't think there is a way though, I thought it only affected the active vessel.

i don´t find info about that. if you are right and its only the active vessel its easy to handle. so i just play and will see what happened.

baybe there is someone who can tell us more info ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:30 AM, Ippo said:

Do I interpret my CKAN and other sources correctly to note that the latest version of KSP that fully supported the latest version of this mod is KSP v1.0.4?

I know there was scuttlebutt earlier this year to hand this mod off to someone else, is this the forum thread I should be following for the latest updates?  @Ippo, I have to tell you that this very mod is one of my favorite ideas for the game, and it's something I would very much be willing to invest some time and energy to help with (though my last computer programming experience is decades old.)

8 hours ago, MisterFister said:

Do I interpret my CKAN and other sources correctly to note that the latest version of KSP that fully supported the latest version of this mod is KSP v1.0.4?

I know there was scuttlebutt earlier this year to hand this mod off to someone else, is this the forum thread I should be following for the latest updates?  @Ippo, I have to tell you that this very mod is one of my favorite ideas for the game, and it's something I would very much be willing to invest some time and energy to help with (though my last computer programming experience is decades old.)

Hello MisterFister, that's correct. I never finished the 1.1 update and 1.2 is coming out today, so I'd say that 1.1 support is coming out never.

The mod was handed to @Coffeeman who did a number of updates and a couple releases, but it seems that real life got the best of him too. Once again, I'm sorry I'm not working on this mod anymore but honestly 40+ hours per week of programming at work make it "unappealing" to program for fun...

Feel free to contribute, if you like :) I'm always available for help / questions if you need anything.

5 hours ago, Ippo said:

Hello MisterFister, that's correct. I never finished the 1.1 update and 1.2 is coming out today, so I'd say that 1.1 support is coming out never.

The mod was handed to @Coffeeman who did a number of updates and a couple releases, but it seems that real life got the best of him too. Once again, I'm sorry I'm not working on this mod anymore but honestly 40+ hours per week of programming at work make it "unappealing" to program for fun...

Feel free to contribute, if you like :) I'm always available for help / questions if you need anything.

Looks like this mod needs to be taken by someone again. I remember I had a lot of fun maintaining my space stations, it's a cool mod.

3 hours ago, Jeez said:

Yeah, it's more fun when things gets broken. Are there any alternatives for this mod?

There's this one that just appeared recently.  It only affects launches, though. (Which is the most interesting time for failures.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.