[1.0.5 - Alpha 6] Dang It! (12 september 2015)

Ippo

Thanks for all your hard work Ippo! Have you also abandoned the perks system you were working on? If so, is the code floating around anywhere? ;)

No, not that one :) After a while in "incubation", I finally started fleshing it out. The code is floating here (ARR until I choose a license, it won't be ARR once it's ready, don't worry :) )

Hey @Ippo!

I apologize for disappearing there, had to deal with some school stuff. Now that its sorted out, I'd happily take DangIt! up for adoption. Sad to see you go :( , but I will happily maintain it!

Additionally, my extended failures version will be ready this weekend (for real!)

Hey just throwing this out there... it appears there's an incompatibility now between this and Mission Controller extended. MCE uses community resource SpareParts, and after updating it, the "take spares" button in the GUI no longer works. I get a message saying it did, but no spares on the Kerbal. I can transfer SpareParts to a Kerbal using MCE's GUI, but they're not recognized by dangit for fixing stuff.

Right, that's what I figured. Just putting it out there so ya'll can be aware, posted on the MCE thread as well.

ETA: I think it's something with CIT Kert, a new GUI for transferring resources. Since DANGIT uses its own, the new thing must have mucked up the works. Any chance of a workaround or update?

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

Any chance of a workaround or update?

Unlikely: I'm really swamped these days, although there might be an update to merge some parts of Entropy and DangIt together. Also, I really don't know what I could do on my end: I'm not using my own system, just plain old KSP's API, so... :/

DangIt! Alpha 5: 2x Author Combo

• Adds customizable sound warnings
  • Adds coolant and intake failures
  • Backend fixes
  • Tank module no longer mistakenly applied

Make sure to back up your saves as always.

Additionally, configure sound alarm settings from the space center config window. ( I recommend LOW=0, MEDIUM=2, and HIGH=-1)

Alarms are mutable thru right click on the failed part.

Get it on KerbalStuff or update with CKAN

Have fun! :)

i dont know how to correctly do this, but this is from ksp data:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0hf34ku2e89iyq/output_log.txt?dl=0

huge 6mb of txt

Yep that's the file,

That's really weird. It seems you are generating 3 lines of text for each actual line. I think that might be your problem (hard drive flipping out trying to write), and I'll take a look ASAP. Is there anything in specific that triggers it (the lag?) Causing a failure? Repairing one? Do you have sound warnings enabled?

Sorry about that :(

thanks :). by the way the new version seems to be giving me a lot of lag. not sure why, will do some investigation. but I think im going to have to go back to 0.4 :(.

Can you post your log too?

As of now I can't reproduce with DangIt 0.5 on Win32, but because it is not occurring with just DangIt! installed, It's probably an adverse interaction with another mod.

Additionally, does going back to 0.4 actually fix it?

Additionally, I've opened a GitHub issue at https://github.com/Ippo343/DangIt/issues/84

Sorry about this, I'll take a look at it :(

Edited by Coffeeman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.