[1.0.5 - Alpha 6] Dang It! (12 september 2015)

Ippo

a) I'd quite like it if they weren't completely separate, personally. Engineers, in my opinion, are the least useful stock crewmember. Sure, fixing wheels is useful, and landing legs is good, parachutes usually less so... but that's three things TOTAL, and if everything goes well, they're three things you never -need-.

If Engineering levels also added a flat bonus in all trainings in DangIt or some similar boost to make them hands down the experts at fixing things, I think that would make them a lot more useful.

B) Alpha 5.3 claims it's incompatible with KSP 0.90 when loading the game.

a) I'd quite like it if they weren't completely separate, personally. Engineers, in my opinion, are the least useful stock crewmember. Sure, fixing wheels is useful, and landing legs is good, parachutes usually less so... but that's three things TOTAL, and if everything goes well, they're three things you never -need-.

If Engineering levels also added a flat bonus in all trainings in DangIt or some similar boost to make them hands down the experts at fixing things, I think that would make them a lot more useful.

B) Alpha 5.3 claims it's incompatible with KSP 0.90 when loading the game.

a) I've gone on record multiple times with my opinion of the Kerbal XP system: I'd say they are in fact "totally useless", not just "least useful". Anyway, integration with it is a possibility (but not in the first 24 hours from the release ;) ) iff CoffeeMan wants to: as I said, he's the maintainer now, I'm just sticking around to help him.

B) Could not reproduce on my 0.90 install, neither with compatibility checker nor with KSP-AVC.

Nice to see you are still sticking around ^^

Some FB :

a) I agree that now we have Kerbal engineers, it would be nice to have repair ability exclusive to them (or maybe just let all Kerbals able to fix some simple failures like battery, leaks, ...).

Also, two unlinked XP system might feels weird, maybe make training KSP engineers see their XP raise and make them use less spareparts on fixing stuff accordingly.

B) I had the same issue, v5.3 .version file still says 5.2 (from Kerbalstuff) ;)

I actually like the new stock XP system... And it looks nice/fits the UI way better than other XP mods...

So, yes, I too would love to see the 'Engineer' stock role being used in Dang It!

It could be some kind of 'maintenance' role, for example... Higher level engineers = smaller chance of parts failing. A 5-star engineer could make parts become incredibly reliable/difficult to fail, thus allowing long-term planetary bases without having to tweak all the reliability configs and such

http://postimg.org/image/rlz8wp5tt

My version file looks like the same you have

That's not the warning from KSP-AVC: that's the one from Compatibility Checker.

Since I apparently remembered to update the version number for CC, I must conclude you are running on windows 64 bit, correct?

Dang It does not disable any functionality on win64, but it gives you a warning and I'm not removing it. This mod has been known to behave strangely on win64: it has caused a lot of game-breaking bugs which happen *only* on win64 and that's why the warning is there :)

That's not the warning from KSP-AVC: that's the one from Compatibility Checker.

Since I apparently remembered to update the version number for CC, I must conclude you are running on windows 64 bit, correct?

Dang It does not disable any functionality on win64, but it gives you a warning and I'm not removing it. This mod has been known to behave strangely on win64: it has caused a lot of game-breaking bugs which happen *only* on win64 and that's why the warning is there :)

Didn`t knew it caused problems on Win 64, I always run the game on 32Bits thinking the problems were only if you ran the game on 64Bits. At least we found out the problem!

Didn`t knew it caused problems on Win 64, I always run the game on 32Bits thinking the problems were only if you ran the game on 64Bits. At least we found out the problem!

Yes, to be absolutely clear: the problem is KSP 64 bit. I am on 64 bit windows myself, but I run the 32 bit version of KSP.

You might have heard a lot of modders complaining about the instability of the win64 build of KSP: some have decided to lock their mods on that, even. As a modder myself, I guarantee: it's true. Win64 KSP has issues. Real, weird issues.

In the specific case of this mod: KSP win64 likes to throw NaN errors at random, especially when you recover a vessel. You get back "Not a Number" funds and the game just crashes. Or a tank might leak "NaN" amount of a resource. This issues have *never* been reported on any other platform - in fact, the code shouldn't even be able to throw them, given the math involved.

If you want to run DangIt on win64, that's fine with me: but the warning is totally justified, because this mod is *dangerous* on that build.

Yes, to be absolutely clear: the problem is KSP 64 bit. I am on 64 bit windows myself, but I run the 32 bit version of KSP.

You might have heard a lot of modders complaining about the instability of the win64 build of KSP: some have decided to lock their mods on that, even. As a modder myself, I guarantee: it's true. Win64 KSP has issues. Real, weird issues.

In the specific case of this mod: KSP win64 likes to throw NaN errors at random, especially when you recover a vessel. You get back "Not a Number" funds and the game just crashes. Or a tank might leak "NaN" amount of a resource. This issues have *never* been reported on any other platform - in fact, the code shouldn't even be able to throw them, given the math involved.

If you want to run DangIt on win64, that's fine with me: but the warning is totally justified, because this mod is *dangerous* on that build.

Ok hold on :D

The compatibility problem is caused by running Win64 regardless of playing the game on any KSP build (32 or 64)?

Thats what I understood by your first reply.

Cause if running KSP 32bits on Windows 64 remove the issue then I must tell you I been running KSP 32bits all all this time and therefor I still get the compatibility problem.

Sorry If I`m making a bit confusion but sometimes reading in English (not being my native language) messes my understanding :s

Hi, I just came into this thread, and have a quick question concerning this listed part mod incompatibilities. Does being incompatible with FAR include NEAR? And if so, would it be a crash causing problem, or more of just, some parts can never fail? Because I could deal with that....

The problem is only with the 64 bit build of KSP for windows. As always :)

Hi, I just came into this thread, and have a quick question concerning this listed part mod incompatibilities. Does being incompatible with FAR include NEAR? And if so, would it be a crash causing problem, or more of just, some parts can never fail? Because I could deal with that....

With FAR and NEAR, control surfaces cannot fail. No crashes though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.