[1.0.5 - Alpha 6] Dang It! (12 september 2015)

Ippo

Yes, it really should be updated, but Ippo owns the thread, not me.

There we go, I updated it. Although maybe it would be best if you opened your own thread... this mod is basically yours now, and that's good! :)

There we go, I updated it. Although maybe it would be best if you opened your own thread... this mod is basically yours now, and that's good! :)

Nah, keep it here with all your info consolidated. I still consider you one of the core developers ;)

I'm back, by the way! Slowly getting there, and if you guys are still keen to do some coding, it'll work with KIS (little tools detaching for specific repair jobs)

V2KQJMb.png

I'm back, by the way!

:D

Glad to see it coming along. I hope it works without KIS, but otherwise it's looking amazing!! Recycling the battery model was a nice touch :P

When it's ready, drop me a line and we'll get it out in the next patch.

And RE:Thread, I agree with Daishi that we should keep it here, it's not a big deal as far as updates go.

Totally optional - but Ippo and I did think it would be neat to have tools appear in the hands of Kerbals relating to the failure that needs repairing. I'm a little in the dark mod-wise after six months of nothing, but KIS seems to have unlocked the bones on the Kerbal rigs we can attach tools to. It'd be a nice touch but we can just leave all this stuff as cosmetic eyecandy if you'd prefer :)

I'll be releasing a low poly version that has its doors welded shut for low-end PCs, but the polycount for this repair kit\spare parts container is around that of a mainsail engine so its nothing horrific.

Eventually, yes :) Not sure about KIS, that's up to Coffeeman and Ippo.

I was going to make a Universal Storage wedge for Dangit, but this ended up being small enough to fit inside a science bay, and roughly having the same capacity I didn't think there was much point. So it's just a radial mount standalone part, that fits on the back of a Kerbal pretty snug :)

ROTFL "KB-40". I just love this little details. But shouldn't it be KD-40? The original is W(ater) D(isplacement) - 40 (success after 39 reverts).

Edited by Mighty1

ROTFL "KB-40". I just love this little details. But shouldn't it be KD-40? The original is W(ater) D(isplacement) - 40 (success after 39 reverts).

Good spotting >.> (fixes)

can we expect the parts coming soon? judging from the pics things are looking almost ready
Id love to see KIS integration. Migjt take a while though.

We can expect it whenever Daishi thinks its ready :P

zJpWqPL.png

Almost done, just have a few last things to add in. Will be finished sooner rather than later.

KIS integration shouldn't be too tricky. Apparently you can assign storage boxes (the Dangit container) to start with parts in them automatically as they're created in the game world, so its really just a matter of hiding the tools in the VAB part list so they aren't accessible from anywhere else. An empty part category tag should do it.

Then somehow (bear with me i'm no coder!) link a grab request for spare parts to coincide with a specific tool appearing in the hands of the Kerbal, until the repair is completed. Having the tool vanish after the repair is completed (and have it respawn in the container) should stop things breaking if you accidentally drop a screwdriver into the void; making the tools more of a visual nicety than a hard prerequisite for repair :)

i was wondering if the failure module for reaction wheels, would work with saturatable reaction wheels mod

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111049-Plugin-0-90-%28Semi-%29Saturatable-Reaction-Wheels-v1-8-%28Apr-9%29

since SRW inherits ModuleReactionWheel just to change torque values, and dangit interacts with the base class, i would think so?

though finding the module in the first place may return nothing rather than the SRW module, in which case i would think not too hard to fix?:)

Any tips/tricks to handle long duration unmanned missions?

Im wanting to use Remote Tech and Outer Planets, and wondering the feasibility of launching communication networks around other planets. Is there anyway I could "boost" the reliability, or is it just a RNG thing and have to be lucky?

Edited by Red3Tango

i need some help. i dont see a dangit! symbol in any view but the space center. thus i can't train my crew.

i tried to reinstall and checked some videos and the manual. there should be another button but it just wont show up.

i am using the latest 0.6.1 build via CKAN, the toolbar mod and a bunch of other mods (none of the incompatible ones mentioned at the first page) but since the mod is working properly in all other aspects i am really clueless now.

any hints?

Edited by Kab00mBaby

i need some help. i dont see a dangit! symbol in any view but the space center. thus i can't train my crew.

i tried to reinstall and checked some videos and the manual. there should be another button but it just wont show up.

i am using the latest 0.6.1 build via CKAN, the toolbar mod and a bunch of other mods (none of the incompatible ones mentioned at the first page) but since the mod is working properly in all other aspects i am really clueless now.

any hints?

It looks like someone has completely forgotten about the wiki and hasn't updated it to reflect the new version...

IS there a way to configure a part to allow more than 1 class to repair, or level 0 with a class requirement? I.e PerksRequirementName = Engineer, Pilot; just PerksRequirementValue = 1, so it take any level 1 class; or PerksRequirementName = Engineer without a level requirement.

Would any of these work how I intend?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.