[1.0.5 - Alpha 6] Dang It! (12 september 2015)

Ippo

Hey, can you make this Compatable with TAC? Life support failures would be really terrifying cool.

Also, there's this old mod which does micrometeorites. Now, this would go really well with this mod. It could, for instance, occasionally puncture tanks or the sort.

It's already compatible with TAC. Also, that mod appears to be dead: but one day we will have some cosmetic effect for leaking tanks (IRnifty already gave me some tips, but I am dumb and cannot into Unity).

GREAT NEWS, EVERYONE:

SirCmpwn has finally made the long awaited community repository, aka "replaceport". This is a modding website developed by the community, for the community.

At the time of this writing the website has just been launched and is still a little rough, but it is already fully functional and we hope to see it populated by all the mods you like soon!

I have therefore changed the main download to kerbalstuff in order to support the project: you should really check it out, and you know why? EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS when a mod updates.

Cheers!

Is it unsafe to uninstall DangIt? I removed it from my Gamedata folder earlier and when I opened up my current save I got a flood of null reference exceptions when I accessed the tracking station. I couldn't select any ships in-flight either. No problem with ships launched after uninstalling though, nor through a new save.

Is it unsafe to uninstall DangIt? I removed it from my Gamedata folder earlier and when I opened up my current save I got a flood of null reference exceptions when I accessed the tracking station. I couldn't select any ships in-flight either. No problem with ships launched after uninstalling though, nor through a new save.

I have my suspicions about what's happening: could you send me the output log?

Basically I suspect that it's due to the way KSP loads / saves crafts: I suspect that it's the same thing that happens when you remove a part that was used in a ship that is still in flight.

EDIT: bug confirmed.

Edited by Ippo

WARNING

A new, exciting bug has come up: basically, you can't remove the mod.

If you have any ship in flight that was created when this mod was installed, you won't be able to select or fly that ship from the tracking station. Vessels built after removing the mod are safe. Please land any ship before removing the mod.

The exact cause is unknown and I'm trying to figure it out.

Thanks Airlock for pointing that out. The best part is that apparently no one knows what might be causing it.

From the sound of it, Airlock, the mod might modify how craft are saved in some way. You may have to manually remove ships bugged out this way from your persistent.sfs file.

Actually no, I just add some part modules and I never touch the persistent file.

In theory, part modules should be safe to delete... apparently, not so much. Mihara suggested that it might be due to the fact that I am inheriting twice from the PartModule class and this somehow screws up the loading mechanism: I seriously hope that's not the case...

Also, I tried removing manually the modules from the persistent file and it didn't fix it, but I should test it a lot more and I might have missed some module.

I have found a similar issue that the one described previously, but i think i should share it with you and hope it will be of any help.

I just installed this mod (in a heavily modded install) and when i access to a ship built before the installation of dang it via tracking station, it consist only of the probe core. All the other parts are gone. This issue of missing parts affects only to the fly scene, as im using RT2 and i can see the lines of the connections between vessels in the tracking station, but in fly mode there is only the probe core and there is "No connection".

You can see plenty of exceptions in DangItReactionWheel right here:

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pggz8k95kf0w81h/KSP.log

output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3w0ssklyy9d2rh9/output_log.txt

I hope it helps. Thank you in advance for this great mod!

...in a heavily modded install...

Did you remove some mods, by any chance? From your log it seems to me that you uninstalled some mods, specifically KSPX and StretchyTanks: could you check for me that they are still installed?

Right now StretchyTanks and KSPX are not installed. I can't recall if i ever get StretchyTanks in this installation and then replaced it with ProceduralParts, or if i used ProceduralParts right from the beginning.

Im pretty sure i never used KSPX. I just deleted DangIt and vessels are complete again. I almost in the RAM limit, in case its relevant.

Im gonna reinstall DangIt to replicate the issue...

EDIT: Reinstalling DangIt causes the issue to appear again

Edited by Ascraeus

EDIT: Reinstalling DangIt causes the issue to appear again

Well, then it's settled, it's my fault :)

I'll find for clues in the logs: however, by the looks of it it's probably an incompatibility with some other mod I'm not aware of yet, and if that's the case, I'm afraid that the fix will have to wait. Thank you for your report!

I was going to say Ippo I can confirm some type of issue arising while using this with a combination of mods.

I can confirm the issue appears with or without environmental visual enhancements 7.3 normal or low res, better atmospheres medium or low, kerbinside 0.29, texture replacer 1.50.10, connected living space 1.0.6.0 and 1.0.7.0, and the loadondemand.dll. I have a massive host of other mods however that could be conflicting with this. Issue occurs with DirectX rendering or OpenGL rendering.

Removing this mod fixes the issue entirely.

The issue is thus: Flight scene doesn't load. ksp_log shows a billion NREs when part modules fail to load properly. I'll try to get you a log file here shortly from my laptop; otherwise I have a solid one saved on my home PC if this doesn't work.

Unfortunately I do not. What I find really funky though is that nothing in the log on my desktop that specifically calls this out; and the part files it's saying it can't load aren't defined by the part name; just saying partmodule failed to load. :( Has 5-7 of those entries then the NREs start (all the follow-on DLLs failing to load).

EDIT: Hopefully this is quick enough and the correct URL Download Link for log files here

This mod looks lovely but sadly it makes my game unplayable... Every time when I trying to launch something universe "dont load". I can see few elements of ui but camera is in space near kerbin and slowly going up, I cant control anything. On navball all indicators are in same place on 0 and speed indicator says im in orbit. To make it weirder it happens only in career mode.

This mod does look really nice, but, albeit in with a different reason than the guy above me, it makes the game unplayable.

The problem is, if you're timewarping your ship to Duna for example, your fuel tank will randomly break/leak and all of its fuel will INSTANTLY be gone. There is no gameplay involved

in this and it's really just RNG-based frustration.

Rather, what I'm suggesting, while timewarping you 'accumulate' failures. The moment you exit timewarp, all of those failures will immediately spread over your ship and start becoming active.

This gives you reasonable reaction time to deal with failures rather than timewarping only to find out that your fuel vaporized in 0,0000001 second.

It might not be as realistic, but it makes more sense regarding actual gameplay.

This mod looks lovely but sadly it makes my game unplayable... Every time when I trying to launch something universe "dont load". I can see few elements of ui but camera is in space near kerbin and slowly going up, I cant control anything. On navball all indicators are in same place on 0 and speed indicator says im in orbit. To make it weirder it happens only in career mode.

This is really strange, and definitely a NRE:

1) Are you using any mod?

2) Could you please email me your output log at [email protected] ?

I'm sorry, I don't have any good news for you yet.

This mod does look really nice, but, albeit in with a different reason than the guy above me, it makes the game unplayable.

What's actually happening is that the failure happens but the timewarp doesn't stop, because it simply doesn't in the version you have. It's already fixed and will be available in the next release (that will be as soon as I can after they release 0.24).

Mod updated for 0.24 :)

Big changes in the form of EVA inspections and preemptive maintenance.

However, KSP 0.24 doesn't give any obvious way to edit the recovery value of a part: it will come ASAP, promise.

No biggie Ippo. It's a huge logfile to begin with @357k lines. I'm not too worried about it. Though I really do enjoy the mod. :D (the couple times it functioned) The issue popping up is the same as Emiel. Parts of the UI load; velocity indicator / navball etc. Status is in orbit however unknown velocity as that portion doesn't load. Altimeter shows all 0s.

Does the problem with FAR still happen with NEAR?

I had no idea they had released it :P

I'll check it out and report back asap.

EDIT: just checked and yes, as far as my mod is concerned, they are exactly the same. However, I will probably do an exception for FAR and make it compatible very soon. I had said mod compatibility would have been last, but I have a friend who keeps annoying me and wants FAR compatibility very soon. I don't think you will complain, will you? :)

Edited by Ippo

I had no idea they had released it :P

I'll check it out and report back asap.

EDIT: just checked and yes, as far as my mod is concerned, they are exactly the same. However, I will probably do an exception for FAR and make it compatible very soon. I had said mod compatibility would have been last, but I have a friend who keeps annoying me and wants FAR compatibility very soon. I don't think you will complain, will you? :)

No I won't complain. It doesn't bother me that much.I was just wondering since it was a bit more basic. :)

No I won't complain. It doesn't bother me that much.I was just wondering since it was a bit more basic. :)

Actually, if you look under the hood it's actually using FAR ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.