NASA's 2015 budget INCREASED! Up $250 MILLION from this year!

Deathsoul097

Article on IFLS: http://www.iflscience.com/space/250-million-increase-nasa%E2%80%99s-budget-next-year

So, Russia and Ukraine seem to be putting a LOT of pressure on the US, and while I think that more advances will be made with international co-operation, this is a step in the right direction, to a point. With this happening, NASA can focus on the SLS and the ARM plans, and open up the commercial sector to SpaceX more. Along with SpaceX petitioning for the ability to compete with LM for USAF contracts, the commercial sector of space is really opening up, and as far as I can tell, that's where the future lies.

What do people think?

Can't we just double it?

Or does Congress really need the money from their subsidies in the oil industry and military to keep them going? What makes the Koch brothers, two greedy little scumbags who want to stop green energy, what makes them more important than humanities future? What makes the military, a military so bloated we could cut half and still be a first rate power, what makes them more important than NASA? What makes idiot Wall Street swine more important than the future?

//rant

And anyways, happy they didn't cut it, considering how stupid our government was with the space budget since Apollo, and how stupid the population is with NASA. 20% of the budget? Really? It gets 0.4%!

Messing up humanities future, since 1970!

Messing up humanities future, since 1970!

USA != humanity

Good news for NASA though, I'm really glad to see a big chunk of it going to planetary science. Those are the folks doing the really interesting work IMO.

USA != humanity

Good news for NASA though, I'm really glad to see a big chunk of it going to planetary science. Those are the folks doing the really interesting work IMO.

A large chunk has been shifted around to fund tech development too. Maybe we will be seeing some *Slightly Early* tests?

USA != humanity

Considering USA is the only nation that had the ability to send humans to deep space then abandoned it, I was hoping they would actually make more use of the Saturn V. In name of all humanity. Sometimes, you have to represent humanity with just a select few, and in this case, I chose America, since it had the ability to land men on the moon.

Had.

Considering USA is the only nation that had the ability to send humans to deep space then abandoned it, I was hoping they would actually make more use of the Saturn V. In name of all humanity. Sometimes, you have to represent humanity with just a select few, and in this case, I chose America, since it had the ability to land men on the moon.

Had.

Pretty sure no one can send humans in "deep space" yet.

Not currently. But when the Saturn V was in production, we had the means to send people away from Earth for good -- where they would only come back if they wanted to.

Since then, we've had the ability to strand people in orbit for a long, long time, but not the ability to fling them away from the planet entirely.

The amount in Nasa's budget won't really matter until the bureaucratic bloat is fixed. Nasa needs to be completely revamped and rebuilt from the ground up. Unfortunate but true. Until that is fixed they will find ways to flush any amount of money they are allocated down the toilet.

We've launched a probe out of the solar system.

People weigh less than probes.

We can send a people anywhere we want to.

And if we spend enough, we might stand a chance of the people surviving, or even being brought back.

We've launched a probe out of the solar system.

People weigh less than probes.

We can send a people anywhere we want to.

And if we spend enough, we might stand a chance of the people surviving, or even being brought back.

I should mention that while people themselves have less mass than a probe, the life support systems, living space, and food combined does not.

NASA is iconic in space/aerospace business for all the things that they have done.

But the budget to nasa is only a few percent in the total space/aerospace funding.

I rather look to companies like spaceX.

Whom may not yet have landed on the moon. But have a very large industry and market in aerospace and rocketry.

The Industrial revolution also didn't convert the whole world into industry in just a few years. In fact that took more then a century.

The main barrier in that process also included conservatives and back then figure heads (elitist) that ultimately practiced into cheating to remain in the old ways. Most likely for their own territory and their interests.

Same problem back then is the same problem now.

The Koch brothers as pointed out by NASAFanboy are a good example of such economical barriers. People like them or other Multi billionaires gladly lobby, fraud, bribe to defend their own emporium and have no interest in converting their territory into industries for the future.

Anyway, the business/bank account of elon musk is quite laughable if you add up the bank accounts of all the Multi billionaires conservatively defending their domains.

NASA is iconic in space/aerospace business for all the things that they have done.

But the budget to nasa is only a few percent in the total space/aerospace funding.

I rather look to companies like spaceX.

Whom may not yet have landed on the moon. But have a very large industry and market in aerospace and rocketry.

The Industrial revolution also didn't convert the whole world into industry in just a few years. In fact that took more then a century.

The main barrier in that process also included conservatives and back then figure heads (elitist) that ultimately practiced into cheating to remain in the old ways. Most likely for their own territory and their interests.

Same problem back then is the same problem now.

The Koch brothers as pointed out by NASAFanboy are a good example of such economical barriers. People like them or other Multi billionaires gladly lobby, fraud, bribe to defend their own emporium and have no interest in converting their territory into industries for the future.

Anyway, the business/bank account of elon musk is quite laughable if you add up the bank accounts of all the Multi billionaires conservatively defending their domains.

It would seem we are in agreement.

I should mention that while people themselves have less mass than a probe, the life support systems, living space, and food combined does not.

Gosh, I must have completely missed that part.

And if we spend enough, we might stand a chance of the people surviving...

Oh. I guess not. You might note that I never claimed we could send living people.

Actually, no. I just don't like SpaceX. I wish that the government of the USA would realize that it has a much greater potential instead of - Hurr, Murica...

I do hate SpaceX, though.

Aside from some shady business tactics with the Russian rocket engines what's wrong with space x? I'm genuinely curious.

Aside from some shady business tactics with the Russian rocket engines what's wrong with space x? I'm genuinely curious.

Yeah, I don't see a problem. Elon is just being a business man, which is all about ousting most of the competition if he stands to make his venture profitable.

EDIT:

I mean, yeah, its a D**k move, but it's not like he's been whispering into Obama's ear to get him to start a war, just so that he can have all of the contracts and be a bit more profitable.

Edited by Deathsoul097

Yeah, I don't see a problem. Elon is just being a business man, which is all about ousting most of the competition if he stands to make his venture profitable.

I mean they haven't done anything that I know of that even compares them to King (candy crush publishers).

What's wrong with business tactics with the russians?

Now I'm sure if you are a united states guy (which I'm not. I am european) it is rather a habit to criticize business exchanges (or exchanges of any kind for that matter) with a old cold war enemy.

Anyway, this is spaceflight. Flight around LEO takes any object all over the world in 45 minutes. Spaceflight should be about bringing the world together. Not make opinions based on at planetary surface level issues.

If the russian spaceprogram benefits from any exchange I atleast would be very happy. Just as happy as for improvement in a spaceprogram anywhere else on the world.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.