What should be worked on after .24?

basically the title says it all, what do you want the devs to work on after .24? and no, resources are not an option because that's a matter of when the devs find a good way to do it, not taking the time to implement it,

explanation of all the poll options

Refinement of carer mode-basically another .23, refine some stuff with maybe a few new features.

Aerodynamics/space planes-rework aerodynamics to behave more realistically, some new space plane parts and interiors

detail update-add some small details here and there, some new animations(ex digging a sample), terrain detail, effects, tweak some stuff, biomes, basically a bunch of small additions and not necessarily only or all of what i listed

base/station update- add features for things stations, satellites and bases can be used for

new planets- new planetary bodies or maybe a solar system

rocket parts-just an update to refine and create rocket parts(non space plane stuff)

other-post in the thread what you would like to see

Freaking. Multiplayer.

that's being developed alongside the game and is unaffected by whatever gets added next, in fact I'm not even sure if devoting other devs to it would increase productivity that much since we don't know how many of them besides the current MP dev know net code.

New VAB/SPH with better working symmetry, reliable undo/redo, better camera control, better control when rotating parts, maybe being able to rotate stuff in even finer steps. Control in which frame of reference the rotation is.

Lastly, I would love some sort of global axis snapping so that you could attach landing gear level and facing forward on any surface.

After all, the construction scene is half the playtime, is it not?

I was musing on the idea of making my own thread for this, but personally I suggest having 0.25 be a dedicated bugfix / optimization update. We need one by this point, because every update that's added features has added bugs (even if it also mitigated others), and the general idea of KSP has changed from what it was when it started, so there are some fundamental things that need revisiting.

For example, the parts list - I'm thinking we need to ditch the idea of multiple fixed-size fuel tanks and instead have resizable fuel tanks in a few different shapes and colors. In Career, larger sizes and tanks with better mass fractions or crash tolerances can unlock later, and be more expensive than flimsy tanks.

We also need to address stuff like the long-standing docking bugs and NullReferenceExceptions.

New VAB/SPH with better working symmetry, reliable undo/redo, better camera control, better control when rotating parts, maybe being able to rotate stuff in even finer steps. Control in which frame of reference the rotation is.

Lastly, I would love some sort of global axis snapping so that you could attach landing gear level and facing forward on any surface.

After all, the construction scene is half the playtime, is it not?

This, please. More than half the playtime, in my case.

Given that 0.24 will introduce major new features, 0.25 will probably be mostly about fine-tuning those features. In 0.26, I'd like to see more interesting aerodynamics and jet engines.

These threads tend to devolve quickly into "what do you want to see in KSP at all?" so I'll jump in quick and say they should and will continue working on career mode until it's done, with a possible pause for (or inclusion of alongside career changes) tweaks to performance and usability*.

*Including but not limited to a fishing mini-game

Here is my list.

1. GP2, I believe that most users are bored with the current planet set, and wouldn't mind having something new to explore.
  2. FAR implementation, or at least a better drag model.
  3. Deadly Re-entry.
  4. General bug fixes.
  5. Multiplayer.
  6. Better space plane parts.
  7. Fairings, 'cause if your going to have a better drag model, you'll need them.
  8. Better career mode.

Just some ideas, pick one :P

I'd say better aerodynamics defiantly! I mean come on, we're still on the aerodynamics model from the first public version of the game!

EDIT: Oh, and here's a bit of a rant from a while ago:

Aerodynamics defiantly.

I know that planes were not originally intended to be a part of kerbal space program. However is aerodynamics not a huge part of constructing a rocket too? You have to go through the atmosphere to get to space the first place, so of course we should probably have decent atmospheric psychics. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it should be at least somewhat realistic (at the moment launching rockets in KSP is not anything compared to real life). Isn't KSP supposed to simulate realistic psychics? I know Squad likes to balance between game-play and realism, however improved aerodynamics should not take away from game-play at all, instead it will add that missing part of rocket science that so many people would like to see. Furthermore, if this will be added it really needs to be sooner rather than later, as changing (or rather, FIXING) the atmosphere will completely change the way we launch rockets (that's a good thing). Seriously, the unrealistic atmosphere has been around since the game came out, and at this point such a basic game-play mechanic REALLY should not still be in it's alpha version, I believe the game is beyond that now.

Realistic aerodynamics should not be just a mod...

Edited by RocketPilot573

You are being sarcastic right? *twitches eyes like a psycho* Right?

Fishing is truly the future of KSP. I'd love to throw a line off the edge of a barge and while away the time...

I'd love to see a snap to grid feature in the VAB because you can't always use symmetry and it's really hard to get everything positioned exactly. Also the ability to swap Kerbal jetpacks for personal parachutes so that you can eject from airplanes.

Also, since they are making recovery more important in career mode, there needs to be a way for separated stages with parachutes to land without you having to have to switch to them and watch them land.

It depends what comes in 0.24 of course, but I'd like to see more ways to make money. it sounds like the contracts system will be quite basic to begin with. There will need to be plenty of variety in the contracts so it's not just "Go to orbit" "Go to the Mun" "Go to Minmus". I hope 0.25 will expand on what is started in 0.24 and give us missions that feel meaningfully different.

One feature that could be a pretty big deal after creating basics under career mode would be a mission control and flight planning - pushing maneuver nodes one step further and adding environment (improved map view, maybe with simplified overlay, so you can see better surface on dark side as well as highlight orbital planes and geographic grid) and tools to plan missions including planning target orbits and maneuvers between them as well as good tool to stop (active pause or 0x warp would be very desired as well) and rewind time into future and past so you can figure out best orbits and launch windows by trail and error, before mission ever happen. Also this way you would be able to see by yourself how celestial bodies and ships move and change over time and in relation with each other as well as it could be also framework for KSC planetarium.

EDIT_1: also I would be glad to see improvements in the editor (maybe other room that will focus on more detailed constructions and creating sub-assemblies for VAB), especially improving and merging action groups and staging stack - action groups had a lot of unused potential (like programming of simple sequences) as well as making parts actions interchangeable with staging stack like adding/removing some actions (that are pretty much like any other actions in groups but arbitrarily chosen as visible in staging list) from staging list or even making custom action groups/sequences that could only exist as an entity on staging stack.

Edited by karolus10

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.