K-P0110 - Apollo-like crew module, now with source files included

Ledenko

9 months ago, I decided to make an alternative to the Mk1-2 crew module. Months of hiatuses later, here's version 0.99 of K-P0110, the unimaginatively named module that has some resemblance to the Apollo but is ultimately meant to fit in with stock parts.

The module is made up of two parts:

the crew module itself, featuring an IVA and a built-in fairing and decoupler (decoupling only works by right clicking on the module and selecting the action or by mapping it to an action group, staging does not)

the parachute and docking port, featuring a parachute, docking port and an animated probe. The docking port acts as a standard Type 1 docking port (meaning 1.25m stock port compatibility, the docking probe is just for show and has no collisions)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/221052-k-p0110

I'm planning on adding RPM props, possibly splitting the built-in decoupler and making it a separate part.

This mod is released into the public domain so feel free to do whatever you'd like with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1drgqtpx9jo7efg/pack.zip?dl=0

Pack containing Unity packages (parachute, main module, IVA) and base model file for the escape tower (not unwrapped).

Module manager DRE Config by Taki117: http://www./view/07zd1t5f23mxin5/KP110DRE.cfg

Module manager Realchute config, also by Taki117: http://www./view/0y0q33vlobfd0zs/KP0110Chutefix.cfg

Alternate texture set by Eudae55 converted to pngs: https://mega.co.nz/#!2sVTGLwL!P3Pm_u5EgCLIBvitZYHImPn1dYqJgf5oEaKxiqkY2gw

(Extract to the KerbonTech folder then, after ensuring that in the KP0110 and KP0110Internal Folders there are duplicates, delete the .tga files.)

Disclaimer: I'm providing these files as is, I take no responsibility for wrecked Unity installs and anything else that might happen (but most likely won't). You are not allowed to make fun of me for stupid/weird/wrong modeling and/or texturing decisions If you use these models and/or textures, I'd appreciate it if you sent me a message telling me what you've created because I'd love to see what someone else can come up with (you're under no obligation to do so, though!)

Everything regarding this mod can be considered public domain, open source, call it what you will. Feel free to modify and redistribute your creation/modification as you want

Edited by Ledenko

Compatible with new RealChute config or is that still the old preset config ? either way thanks for posting it here again :)

I don't know if it's compatible with the new RealChute (Post 1.0 update), but it should work (If you have any issues take it up with Stupid_Chris)

You can offset your RCS quads.

If the quads don't line up with the cardinal directions, you lose some efficiency and control. Not large amounts, but some. My OCD tends to war over efficiency vs not running ladders over the quads :-) Not something a sane person really needs to worry about much.

Use 45-degree RCS from RLA or KW.

Which trades the inefficiency on yaw/pitch for inefficency on the roll axis. Like I said, not the biggest of problems, just have to stomp the perfectionist in me. You'd think he'd already be under the desk whimpering with how far from perfect I am :-)

Hey Ledenko, by way of thanks for what's now my standard capsule, here's a config file that will make the K-P0110 capsule and docking port/parachute work with the Connected Living Spaces mod:

@PART[K-P0110]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
passable = true
}
}

@PART[parachutekpollo]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
passable = true
}
}

I put this in a text file called CLSKerbonTech.cfg and dropped it into GameData\ConnectedLivingSpace\Plugins. With it I sent Jeb, Bill and Bob to my orbiting station, they docked and entered the station via the docking port, and returned home again. Seems to work pretty well, just remember to open both airlocks first :)

I like it a lot! One question, though - is it FAR compatible? If it is, it could use a nosecone part, hah.

It sure is! If you put the stock LES on it it works just fine. (Which I believe was how it was designed)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.