K-P0110 - Apollo-like crew module, now with source files included

Ledenko

Hey awesome mod btw!

Just a little request... can ROS (realism overhaul system) take this pod and have ROS cfgs for it? It looks really good and would fit in great with all the other parts ROS supports!

Sure, I've got no issue with it, in fact I'm gonna change the licence to state I'm releasing it into public domain already so feel free to do whatever you want with it :)

Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten around to uploading the source files because I'm never at home but I'll try to get it done ASAP!

Nice looking reentry capsule, great stuff.. Im looking forward to the RPM version, RPM is a must have mod for me. Apollo missions are one of my favorite to recreate, so this would be a welcome addition to my mod folder.

And thanks for the contribution to the community, its appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I happened to come across this simple but very nice looking pod yesterday, Good work on it. It would be good to see some updates for it in the future.

Took it for a spin around eve earlier, also looks pretty cool attached to the Kerb-x dragon cargo as well.

Qnv3LKm.jpg

I hope you don't mind but I've been re-texturing the capsule for a more stock-alike look. I gave it a new door though I'm not sure how to shape it correctly to stop it from warping. Definitely a WIP

sWeKECB.jpg

I would never release it without your permission of course.

He released it into the public domain, feel free to share.

I'd like to finally see those source files, will try to add stuff to IVA, which i think is lacking ATM

That would be great to see, I thought the inside felt a little empty as well!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1drgqtpx9jo7efg/pack.zip?dl=0

Pack containing Unity packages (parachute, main module, IVA) and base model file for the escape tower (not unwrapped).

It only dawned on me today that I could export the relevant files as Unity packages and I hope these files work as they should, I didn't get a chance to test it. I have copied all the various files I used to create but I won't be putting those anywhere, if everything is at is should be, the files in the zip should be sufficient for modification.

Disclaimer: I'm providing these files as is, I take no responsibility for wrecked Unity installs and anything else that might happen (but most likely won't). You are not allowed to make fun of me for stupid/weird/wrong modeling and/or texturing decisions :P If you use these models and/or textures, I'd appreciate it if you sent me a message telling me what you've created because I'd love to see what someone else can come up with (you're under no obligation to do so, though!)

Everything regarding this mod can be considered public domain, open source, call it what you will. Feel free to modify and redistribute your creation/modification as you want :)

Edited by Ledenko
I can't grammar

Oh, right - regarding realchutes support and adding a secondary canopy to act as a drogue, I tried when I was still working on it, I really did, except both canopies acted completely different and I gave up on it because it was only driving me nuts.

Mouzfun, would it be possible to make the left hand monitor larger to use as a sort of docking seat, there is a lot of unused buttons in this position anyway?

I don't know how anything about modeling or modding in the slightest so shoot me down in flames if you feel the need.

I use the Alcor capsule as the main hub on most of my space stations and it looks pretty awesome watching incoming ships with cargo, using the monitors to dock using iva is pretty cool as well!

jIogCBv.jpg

Oh, right - regarding realchutes support and adding a secondary canopy to act as a drogue, I tried when I was still working on it, I really did, except both canopies acted completely different and I gave up on it because it was only driving me nuts.

The good news is the code has changed completely to allow this. All you need is a second canopy in the part for it to work, but since it's been released into the public maybe someone will run with the idea (Hint hint)

Here's what I've been working on.

The door is about as best as I can do without attempting to recompile the .mu file and fixing the model.

I need to add a few scrathes, dirt, burn marks etc still

Does anyone approve?

http://imgur.com/a/KhSQA

It definitely looks nice, although the windows do seem a little pale. Is there any chance that you'd make an escape tower for the capsule?

Mouzfun, would it be possible to make the left hand monitor larger to use as a sort of docking seat, there is a lot of unused buttons in this position anyway?

I don't know how anything about modeling or modding in the slightest so shoot me down in flames if you feel the need.

Don't raise your hopes too soon :D I'm not an expert myself, just learning stuff here and there. If i will ever land my hands on this (currently dealing with some stuff IRL), i will definetely take inspiration from alcor, it's just a masterpiece.

Don't raise your hopes too soon :D I'm not an expert myself, just learning stuff here and there. If i will ever land my hands on this (currently dealing with some stuff IRL), i will definetely take inspiration from alcor, it's just a masterpiece.

No pressure! lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.