K-P0110 - Apollo-like crew module, now with source files included

Ledenko

Regarding LES, i think it should come with it's own shroud like in the SDHI, this will also allows using of the stock LES.

Nice to see community love for this pod, this is really cool.

Edited by mouzfun

I'm happy to call this finished.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download It Here

Instructions:

1. Have K-P0110 already installed.

2. Drag KerbonTech folder into your Gamedata folder.

3. Overwrite existing files.

4. Done

I hope you find it to be an improvement :)

PS: This is my first ever attempt at a mod/re-texture. Given how its turned out, I might do some more in the future.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

88x31.png

This work is free of known copyright restrictions.

Edited by Eudae55

Uhh, well, that's because I named the folders in the zip wrong. Either go to gamedata\kerbontech\parts and move the three lone files to KP0110 folder or redownload the zip (fixed now) and extract again. Sorry about that.

Afterwards, the LES should be in Utility

If you are still interested, i found a minor mistake, "skirt" is one side only, it needs other side of faces.

http://i.imgur.com/qJiFkHc.png

I might fix the model and unwrapping, if someone willing to mess with unity.

Ugh, looks like I accidentally deleted those while separating the body from the skirt. Can't do anything about it at the moment, unfortunately.

Yeah it's pretty strange, 3 out of 4 times today the textures loaded fine.

This will be a complete noob question to some on here but when converting tga to png will that been done through one of the online converters, or is it as simple as changing the file name to .png?

Yeah it's pretty strange, 3 out of 4 times today the textures loaded fine.

This will be a complete noob question to some on here but when converting tga to png will that been done through one of the online converters, or is it as simple as changing the file name to .png?

I convert with photoshop,i don't think work the change of file name!

From what I understand all that needs to be done is just that we convert to .png

The game apparently doesn't care about the extension, so it'll just load whatever is in the folder with a matching name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I converted all of the .tga's to .png for you and anyone who needs it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extract to the KerbonTech folder then, after ensuring that in the KP0110 and KP0110Internal Folders there are duplicates, delete the .tga files.

It should work after that.

From what I understand all that needs to be done is just that we convert to .png

The game apparently doesn't care about the extension, so it'll just load whatever is in the folder with a matching name.

I converted all of the .tga's to .png for you and anyone who needs it.

Extract to the KerbonTech folder then, after ensuring that in the KP0110 and KP0110Internal Folders there are duplicates, delete the .tga files.

It should work after that.

Thanks for the help!

Tried this out. Looks good. I like the bottom of the spacecraft much better than the stock 2.5m part.

I think the decouple would work if the heat shield was a separate part but it doesn't matter. It works well and looks great.

There was the idea of separating the automatic shroud and turning it into a decoupler, but that never came to be. With the files available though...

Anyway, the tga textures are really peculiar, I've had the white material bug happen a few times, but a reload of the database helped. It's weird but the main texture(s) use(s) an alpha map for specularity and I'm not even sure png supports that, so I'm not sure about converting it.

Hey Ledenko, I was playing about with the configs and managed decouple the shroud from staging and add a stock sound to it. The other thing i was wanting to know is if its possible to allow parts to be attached to the fairing, seems the perfect place for some linear rcs ports or cameras.

If this cant be done within the configs, no worries :D.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.