H... hi?

Hey guys, I'm qscrew, and I'm new to the forums here. I've played KSP for a while now, but only recently made my modding debut together with Zarenor. (Shameless plug: Come check out our work so far over at GlowStrips!)

I like building large systems, to the point of rarely finishing them (quite sadly), particularly with some of the space stations I've been putting up lately. Definitely more of an ideas-guy than the we-only-need-one-idea guy. I plan on not letting that happen with any add-on's I produce, btw.

I've been seeing for a long time now what the community here is capable of making -- some of which is truly unique and inspiring -- and I'd like to be a part of that and add what I can. Modding seems like the best way to keep up with what everyone's working on and with the direction of KSP right now, so here I am. I'm a couple credits shy of my BS in Physics and I'm getting to know C#, so, I mean, I have, like, some useful skills, I guess. Take that as you will.

Anyway, general greetings, I hope everyone's doing well out there in all of your extra-low Earth orbits. Feel free to chat me if you like. I'll try to wander aimlessly into the KSP IRC by accident one of these days ("Where am I?"), so maybe I'll catch you there.

Cheers.

Hello quantumscrewdriver, and welcome to the forum. :D

I never finish my stations, either. I just add parts and ideas until the lag gets too terrible, then get frustrated and do something else. :)

I tend to justify all of this docking space, tell myself that I'll send up refuel units that will totally be used to fuel my giant interplanetary ships, but it all ends up going to flashy, pointless extensions of power storage/generation, ever-more docking space, living quarters, containers, station buses, tug units, escape pods... I'm the worst. My next design has an entire section of docking for reentry assist pods, which are basically just a docking port covered in parachutes to bring home ships intended for interplanetary transfers and even entire space station arms. What a waste -- but it's going to be awesome.

- - -

I've never even seen Dr. Who, but those references make me want to change the handle to phononicscrewdriver -- but then I'd have one more syllable in my name, and I don't know how I feel about being called p-screw. PhononicSD sounds alright. Hm. Stop making me doubt things.

Heya and welcome. :)

I've recently gotten into station building myself. Up until then it was much the same. Keep launching stiff and sticking it together. haha

Good luck!

-Claw