Kerbal Space App for Android!

I would love to help out with this app! I can create am willing to help make a unique design for the app and also unique icons that would fit inline with android L. Send me a message, I would love to help

Why is the app incompatible with my phone? I have a ZTE Blade with Android 4.4.4.

Edit: reading the thread, it seems that I also have a country/language related restriction. Please enable the app in Slovenia, I don't care for a translation, english version is just fine.

Edited by shrx

Why is the app incompatible with my phone? I have a ZTE Blade with Android 4.4.4.

Edit: reading the thread, it seems that I also have a country/language related restriction. Please enable the app in Slovenia, I don't care for a translation, english version is just fine.

Done. :) May take a few hours from the time of this post to update.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all: GREAT APP! Thank you very much!

Second: why does your Mission Planner delta-v requirements differ from other sources, like KPS Calculator Android app, for example?

Last but not least, I have a few suggestions:

1. is it possible to include something like KSP Calculator's Counselor (it shows a few possible missions given your ship's delta-v);

2. is it possible to calculate orbit transfer info like KSP Orbicalc?

Once again, thank you!

You're welcome!

And why do they differ? Because there are tons of different ways to perform an orbital maneuver, and some are more or less efficient in certain circumstances. I tried to use the most fuel efficient method for most circumstances, and allow the user a huge range of choice in how they perform it.

Per your suggestions:

1) Hah! Julien copied my Mission Planner! I feel sorta honored. And KSP Calculator has improved dramatically since the last time I checked it out (also, my app does almost exactly what the Counselor does, in the Mission Planner area).

2) What is this program doing that mine isn't?

Hi, if I misunderstood something, my mistake on both counts...

1) I thought the Counselor would kind of suggest a trip based on your ship capabilities, yours does the opposite;

2) I think it shows the transfer angle in a friendlier way...

Ah! I forgot to offer: if you intend to translate your app to Portuguese (pt_br), feel free to send me a message! :-)

Edited by jlcarneiro
mistyping

1) Oh, gotcha. I have no plans to make it work that way. It would be too much work for too few results, and there are already a couple of resources that do that. Here's a website that does just that: http://mononyk.us/wherecanigo.php?dv=7500&loc=ground&figs=diff

2) Making the transfer windows more visual is something I'm considering. I agree others do it better.

And I'll send you a PM about Portuguese.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I have registered here specifically to thank you for your app, great job! Also if you need any help with translation to Polish, I should manage to find a while (I don't know if anyone else has volunteered so far).

P. S. Is there a way to save already planned missions?

Hi! I have registered here specifically to thank you for your app, great job! Also if you need any help with translation to Polish, I should manage to find a while (I don't know if anyone else has volunteered so far).

P. S. Is there a way to save already planned missions?

There's not a save function at this time. I was considering making one, but I'm working on a big new project right now, so that's where I'm focusing my attention for the time being. And thank you! Glad you enjoy the app. :)

Great app, with lots of usefull things in one place. Now i can get rid of most of my paper notes. 5 stars in hope you`ll kepp it up to date. I have three thougts however.

1. I love mission planner, but its ackward to access (7 inch tablet, big fingers). Maybe a button on starting page? on top bar? like that trashcan? Second thing, in addition to sliders in "Pick destination" screen, it would be handy to be able to type desired altitudes in by hand.

2. It would be usefull if you`d add orbit ranges to orbital characteristics.

Eg.

Kerbin Low Orbit: 70km -> 250km / High Orbit: 250km -> SOI

Mun Low Orbit 0m -> 60km / High Orbit 60km -> SOI

Etc.

On second thought high orbits are redundant, using precious screen space.

Anyway, keep up the good work! :) Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
every time you start the app, the language is reset to system default.

and i think a neat addon would be to include the squad blob/tumblr so you can read devnotes in-app :)

I think I need to clone myself so I can get more work done. :P The devnotes idea would be cool, but I'm super busy with another project right now.

Concerning the language thing- I did spot a bug yesterday that I think is causing the language to reset for you. I'll be releasing an update adding a new language(Croatian) and possibly fixing that bug. Let me know if it persists after the app updates next.

• 3 weeks later...

Great app, very useful when doing last minute check before landing (once, on a no-quickload mission, I forgot the height of Eve atmosphere and set my Ap to 100km...). I think one way to improve it would be to add settings to change meters to kilometers: for stats like orbit heights, surface areas, gravitational parameter. It's not anything that is necessary, however for higher numbers 3.531e12 m3/s2 or 600,000 m it would be easier to display it as 3531 km3/s2 and 600 km.

This app is a piece of great work and you should keep it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your time and work you invest into the app. I like it. Made me able to create more efficient scripts with kOS and give me useful information about the planets and the satellites.

The language bug is annoying. But I'm sure that you will fix it soon.

There are still some weird strings in the German translation. Because I am a bit experienced in translating games, is it possible to do some fixes and upload them somewhere?

Wish I could offer you more help, but my skills in programming are very very basic.

Hope you feel a bit motivated.

Keep your good work.

Hyphon