What little thing do YOU think should be added to KSP?

a mission history thingy, tells you what flights which kerbals have been on and what kerbals have been on what flight, also how many dockings, any firsts, ect 

Edit: and a 2 Kerbal Capsule

Edited by the_pazter

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 9:41 PM, the_pazter said:

a mission history thingy, tells you what flights which kerbals have been on and what kerbals have been on what flight, also how many dockings, any firsts, ect 

Edit: and a 2 Kerbal Capsule

It's all readable in the Saved game file

If you are on save 92 then take a look at saves 92 .... just type in the name of the kerbal you want to view in the Edit Search drop down box

To see flags and planets visited go to the crew building

Flight log for name = Jebediah Kerman
   gender = Male
   type = Crew
   trait = Pilot
   brave = 0.5
   dumb = 0.5
   badS = True
   tour = False
   state = Assigned
   ToD = 0
   idx = 0
   CAREER_LOG
   {
    flight = 33
    0 = Flight,Kerbin
    0 = Land,Kerbin
    0 = Recover
    1 = Land,Kerbin
    1 = Flight,Kerbin
    1 = Recover
    2 = Flight,Kerbin
    2 = Land,Kerbin
    2 = Recover
    3 = Flight,Kerbin
    3 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    3 = Land,Kerbin
    3 = Recover
    4 = Flight,Kerbin
    4 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    4 = Land,Kerbin
    4 = Recover
    5 = Flight,Kerbin
    5 = Land,Kerbin
    5 = Recover
    6 = Flight,Kerbin
    6 = Land,Kerbin
    6 = Recover
    7 = Land,Kerbin
    7 = Flight,Kerbin
    7 = Recover
    8 = Flight,Kerbin
    8 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    8 = Orbit,Kerbin
    8 = Land,Kerbin
    8 = Recover
    9 = Recover
    10 = Flight,Kerbin
    10 = Land,Kerbin
    10 = Recover
    11 = Flight,Kerbin
    11 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    11 = Land,Kerbin
    11 = Recover
    12 = Land,Kerbin
    12 = Flight,Kerbin
    12 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    12 = Orbit,Kerbin
    12 = ExitVessel,Kerbin
    12 = BoardVessel,Kerbin
    12 = Recover
    13 = Recover
    14 = Flight,Kerbin
    14 = Land,Kerbin
    14 = Recover
    15 = Flight,Kerbin
    15 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    15 = Land,Kerbin
    15 = Recover
    16 = Flight,Kerbin
    16 = Land,Kerbin
    16 = Recover
    17 = Flight,Kerbin
    17 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    17 = Land,Kerbin
    17 = Recover
    18 = Flight,Kerbin
    18 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    18 = Flyby,Mun
    18 = Escape,Mun
    18 = Flyby,Kerbin
    18 = Orbit,Kerbin
    18 = Land,Kerbin
    18 = Recover
    19 = Recover
    20 = Recover
    21 = Flight,Kerbin
    21 = Land,Kerbin
    21 = Recover
    22 = Flight,Kerbin
    22 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    22 = Orbit,Kerbin
    22 = Land,Kerbin
    22 = Recover
    23 = Recover
    24 = Flight,Kerbin
    24 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    24 = Orbit,Kerbin
    24 = Land,Kerbin
    24 = Recover
    25 = Flight,Kerbin
    25 = Land,Kerbin
    25 = Recover
    26 = Flight,Kerbin
    26 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    26 = Orbit,Kerbin
    26 = Land,Kerbin
    26 = Recover
    27 = Flight,Kerbin
    27 = Land,Kerbin
    27 = Recover
    28 = Flight,Kerbin
    28 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    28 = Orbit,Kerbin
    28 = Escape,Minmus
    28 = Flyby,Kerbin
    28 = Flyby,Mun
    28 = Escape,Mun
    28 = Land,Kerbin
    28 = Recover
    29 = Flight,Kerbin
    29 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    29 = Orbit,Kerbin
    29 = Flyby,Mun
    29 = Escape,Mun
    29 = Orbit,Mun
    29 = Suborbit,Mun
    29 = Land,Mun
    29 = Flyby,Kerbin
    29 = Land,Kerbin
    29 = Recover
    30 = Flight,Kerbin
    30 = Land,Kerbin
    30 = Recover
    31 = Flight,Kerbin
    31 = Land,Kerbin
    31 = Recover
    32 = Flight,Kerbin
    32 = Suborbit,Kerbin
    32 = Orbit,Kerbin
    32 = Flyby,Minmus
    32 = Escape,Minmus
    32 = Orbit,Minmus
    32 = Suborbit,Minmus
    32 = Land,Minmus
    32 = Land,Kerbin
    32 = Recover

Edited by hurric

Please, give your flight crew Kerbals AI. Having them standing around like manikins is so unkerbal of them. Kerbals are full of curiosity and wonderment. Give them the ability to wander around on their own and interact with the ship and environment when not the point of focus. Path finding and collision detection so they can bump into things, not pass through them like they do in the VAB/SPH. It would be cool to see then entering/exiting hatches, climbing ladders, repairing things on their own without your direct input. Jetpacks and jumping too, Not too far or too high though. Don't want them going off into orbit :lol:. In IVA view have them looking around, flipping switches and such. If the cabin is big enough, getting in and out of their seats to wander about the cabin.

Region/planet-specific soundtrack. The music is great and all, but there's only so many times you can hear a track before you get tired of it, and KSP has the same soundtrack for everything outside of Kerbin, so: The closer you are to Kerbol, the more the music changes. Close to the star it's more hellish and rumbling (like a slow drumming with a male choir in the background), and at the edge of the system the music gets chillier (the kind of ambient music you hear in winter levels in other games). Plus, some planet-specific tracks, for like, Moho, Eve, Duna, Jool and its moons, and Eelo. So, like ten new tracks. I don't know, is that too much?

I would like a checkbox each time you end a session, asking you wether you want the real elapsed time added to the gametime on reload, which is set to off by default. If you explicitely check this box in the quit-scenery dialog, you could wait for launch windows without even firing up the game. And it´s just a binary variable and a small routine based on alteration date of the savefile and the system time on reload.

Kerbals can die from impact. (Impact with orbiting vessels or the a large body) Say anything above 8m/s. (Source: http://outdoors.stackexchange.com/questions/8106/how-far-would-you-need-to-fall-for-it-to-be-fatal)

This update would also include a re-balance on part destruction velocities, kerbals should be more fragile than their vessels.

Kerbals should also be more sensitive to G-forces to bring meaning to that g-force bar. (It's pretty hard to hit 15g, unless you're trying to)

Edited by zeekkay

Here are some things I would like to see...

Numeric roll, pitch, and yaw indicators in flight. 

An option to auto level your craft to any of the three axis.

stock ILS for the KSC runway. (I know that there are mods for this. I find them completely un-usable or very inaccurate.)

The ability to see and change to control orientation for probe cores.

15 hours ago, Theseus said:

Region/planet-specific soundtrack. The music is great and all, but there's only so many times you can hear a track before you get tired of it, and KSP has the same soundtrack for everything outside of Kerbin, so: The closer you are to Kerbol, the more the music changes. Close to the star it's more hellish and rumbling (like a slow drumming with a male choir in the background), and at the edge of the system the music gets chillier (the kind of ambient music you hear in winter levels in other games). Plus, some planet-specific tracks, for like, Moho, Eve, Duna, Jool and its moons, and Eelo. So, like ten new tracks. I don't know, is that too much?

That would be.. slightly creepy.

If I remember correctly, though, Wizardtorium by Kevin Macleod (the eerie track that sounds like Holsts-Neptune) plays when you kill a kerbal (Tried it once by wrecking a station and it played) or when you're really far out into space..

On 6. juni 2014 at 7:51 PM, pauldbk99 said:

Clouds (and yes I know there is a mod for this)

Atmosphere, clouds and eventualy wind?

also ground science experiments only deployable by kerbals.

Ex: windmills for power, solar panels, pressure test, and so on

On 6/6/2014 at 7:24 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

This isn't about the large things people want added like another planet or more aerospace, what tiny little detail do you think should be added to KSP?

I think you should be able to edit/add sticky notes to capsule IVAs. Possibly other in-game instructional notes as well.

What tiny thing do you want added?

Just the possibility to make a custom IVA would be great

8 minutes ago, KamikazeF0X said:

Just the possibility to make a custom IVA would be great

Yeah, I really don't understand why SQAUD made it so difficult to make IVAs.

What? Oh, right, the actual topic...

Hmm, how about adding window lights to the Pre-@Porkjet parts.

Gravity on asteroids a=weak e=very strong .... so they stick together

KSP's Ultimate Mission ....... Build a new home for Kerbals

Build a new moon....ship in a load of water ....ship in around 100 kerbals....do a bit of terraforming....plant some seeds :cool:

Four minor-ish ideas.

Mundane atmospheric experiments. There wouldn't need to be any real phenomenon going on but missions or a randomly selected tiny reward for successful measurement in upper atmosphere.

Few more tiny/Mk.0 rocket parts to build cheap, simple and flimsy sounding rockets early on in career to support first.

Segmented SRB's. Shuttle SRB's were constructed of seven segments, four of which were essentially identical and contained the propellant. When used outside STS program they could have segments added or removed. Ares-V/SLS would utilize five segment SRB's. 

Ability to select grain geometry/thrust curve would be helpful in many cases.
fig1-14.gif

On 2/10/2016 at 9:42 AM, Evanitis said:

I'd love if I could fill any stock tank with any ratio of various fuels.

THIS! Although only with the LFO tanks. Comes with a slider than lets you toggle the ratio of fuel and oxygen. (This tweak would mean incorporating the stock fuel switch module into the game)

Useful for fine tuning SSTOs.

Edited by zeekkay

Not sure if its been mentioned.... and sadly, its not that little.... its actually a big little thing...

But when your ship/plane smashes into the surface of any world.... it leaves a crater....

AND... the ability to dig holes so you can bury your Mun base.... etc etc...

and if I am only allowed a 'little" thing... then let it be this.....

The ability to raise and lower the flag at the KSP complex , or to half mast, for fallen comrades....

Next little thing I wish for quite a lot, but only now realized I should post in here:

Have the game retain the state of the NavBall. Whenever you switch ships and then go to the Map View, the NavBall is always in the tucked-away-in-the-glove-box-where-you-can't-see-it position.

Which made me remember this other thing: when the NavBall is in the glove box, you can't change the top-of-the-screen list of ship types to display or hide in the Map. I don't see why that should be a thing. Those should be changeable regardless of whether the NavBall is up.

6 minutes ago, PilotsofRiots said:

I know this might sound outrages, but just because of conspiracies I think we should add Aliens!!!

I here those Humans from Earth are a nasty bunch .... keep them away from us at all costs

6 minutes ago, PilotsofRiots said:

9 minutes ago, PilotsofRiots said:

I know this might sound outrages, but just because of conspiracies I think we should add Aliens!!!

Why? Aliens do not exist, its a figment of your imagination... much like Humans are. The only creatures to exist anywhere in the Universe are us Kerbals.

Edited by kiwi1960

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.