Realism mods

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find the thread.

Basically I want to add some realism to my KSP, the installation of RPL is overly unnecessarily complicated, when I install Realism Overhaul the game won't load so I want to install some (not all) mods from those two packs, what mods should I get? Thanks in advance, :D

I'm trying to download mods from RPL thread, but number 4 mod in essentialls list says Realism Overhaul tweak/resize pack, I go to Realism Overhaul page (I clicked the link next to #4 essential mod in RPL thread) and I can't find that tweak/resize pack, I don't know what that is, or is it even necessary, so I'm downloading all mods in RPL thread except that tweak/resize pack.

EDIT: Also, I'm installing mods with KSP Mod Admin, so if anything goes wrong, if some mods don't work or something I can just disable all mods and go back to vanilla KSP

Edited by TheJoseph98

I agree that it is reasonably unclear. To download the number 4 essential mod you need to make sure you have downloaded all the essential mods on that page, then scroll down to the first picture you see. There should be a download link directly below the picture.

From the Realism Overhaul thread:

INSTALL:

1. Install required mods, updating as necessary

2. Remove any existing RealismOverhaul or RedAV8R folder in KSP/GameData/

3. Unzip this archive to KSP/GameData.

4. Pick and install an engine configs pack (see below)

Requires:

Real Solar System

Real Fuels

Procedural Parts

Deadly Reentry

Ferram Aerospace Research by ferram4

RealChutes by stupid_chris

Engine Ignitor) by HoneyFox

ModuleRCSFX by ialdabaoth

Advanced Jet Engine by camlost

Engine Support:

Realism Overhaul requires the selection of an Engine pack. The two suggested packs (pick one) are either SFJackBauer's RealEngines pack (which gives engines the stats of real-world engines that look similar, like NovaPunch K2-X -> J-2) and my Reaching for the Stars pack, which gives engines "realistic" stats informed by real-world engines without being clones.

SFJackBauer's RealEngines pack can be downloaded from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...l=1#post825469

My RftS Pack can be downloaded from the fourth post here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57833. Note you also need this ExsurgentEngineerning.dll. Replace any existing version.

How is this unclear? Because the "Download" link isn't prominent above a picture? Since when did people not read the entire OP before installing a mod, especially one that makes such drastic changes to KSP?

I agree that once you know what you are looking for it is easy to find, however the amount of information on that page is significant and on a first look through you might miss the download link, or confuse it with the download for something else.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.