Oh my god, the tornadoes!

Commander dude58

Well, despite living in Texas (which gets tornadoes, wildfires, hurricanes, and droughts), I have yet to experience any of those (save for the drought. It doesn\'t affect me though, I\'m not fond of walking home.). My condolences go out to those affected by the tornadoes that have struck quite early in the year. I shudder to think of what the summer, and the subsequent hurricane season, may bring.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Earthquakes are fun, except for the aftermath.

christchurch%20earthquake-thumb-450x300-21156.jpg

W500px_christchurch-earthquake-new-zealand-2202.jpg

christchurch.earthquake.jpg

the_christchurch_catholic_cathedral_which_was_dama_4d63fe2db3.jpeg

4689230.jpg

4689772.jpg

You can tell when a drought, wildfire, hurricane and tornado to an extent will happen, but an earthquake...

5 seconds of roar, next second under desk, shaking more than a milkshake, and suddenly it stops. You then get hit by anouther after anouther until your used to it, and don\'t get under the table for no less than a 6, and then they are gone.

Then the aftermath. Compared to a hurricane, it varies quite a lot, as it depends on the size and building quality. Compared to tornados, no comparasin, earthquakes are more destructive, as with wildfires and droughts (though, black friday might be bigger). How do I know this, I was 1 block away from the christchurch cathedural, 50m away from the hotel grand chanceler and very close to the rest. I walked past destroyed buildings, like in the pictures (I think one of them I walked past) and got out of there. Even the carpark where the school stayed while the shakes kept going had brick walls that had fallen down. I wish I was back there on the day, for my life was changed forever.

Here in philly we only had one tornado recently it was like 1 or 2 years ago...

It was very small but almost hit the Comcast building(Huge building ironically Comcast paid for construction but only owns like 2 floors...)

Luckily no one was hurt.

Hurricanes effect us a lot.(We get loss of power POURING rain and high winds...)

I live in El Paso, the biggest we ever get is huge drought and flooding. There was something on the news about a baby was found in a field, 3 miles away from the family, which was killed by the tornado. The baby sadly died on the way to the hospital. It is horrible.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I live in El Paso, the biggest we ever get is huge drought and flooding. There was something on the news about a baby was found in a field, 3 miles away from the family, which was killed by the tornado. The baby sadly died on the way to the hospital. It is horrible.

wow. At least your not over the boarder in Ciudad Juarez.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.