[1.0+] B.Dynamics - Retracting/vectoring engines etc. v1.2.0 (May 6)

BahamutoD

Excellent! If you continue developing this, I have a couple requests: different size CritterCrawler bases, and a base that does not have an engine or fuel tank in it.

Anyway, thanks! This part is going to be a lot of fun.

After some testing I can say: It gets up to very high speeds if you let it run for a while! Like 20m/s and if you turn it while this happens it flips over, even if you have sticky feet on! So Baha I suggest limiting it's speed, also by the looks the legs are actually wheels, because if you let the crawler stay still it will start moving on it's own (like rolling wheels) it will even "run" up hills on it's own accord! But I don't think that is "fixable", other than that this is excellent!

Edited by Boamere

After some testing I can say: It gets up to very high speeds if you let it run for a while! Like 20m/s and if you turn it while this happens it flips over, even if you have sticky feet on! So Baha I suggest limiting it's speed, also by the looks the legs are actually wheels, because if you let the crawler stay still it will start moving on it's own (like rolling wheels) it will even "run" up hills on it's own accord! But I don't think that is "fixable", other than that this is excellent!

The appearance of wheels is because that's exactly what they are. He is using a really cool trick with the code & wheels in order to make it appear it's walking.

Ignore the last post, i am unable to edit posts for some reason, so ill just post the corrected post here:

I did the logical thing, and tried to make it bigger:

[spoiler: spoiler]

oh my gosh I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at that. :D Please make a video and add some appropiate music so i can roll on my floor!

Can we get legitimate bigger ones? maybe some more cuboid ones with 8 legs, 2.5m? this would be perfect. I know how hard it is to animate as well as you do, so I don't expect this request to go through, but hey, just a suggestion :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.