[1.0+] B.Dynamics - Retracting/vectoring engines etc. v1.2.0 (May 6)

BahamutoD

Hey BD me again, been havin' a kinda strange problem with my critter drones. Sometimes opening the legs causes them to "pop" into the air. They tend to land upside down and i've lost a few this way. Any explanation as to what's going on?

p.s. your critter parts have quickly become my favorite toys can we get some more?

Question: Is there any chance we can get space based missile launcher turrets/pods here sometime soonâ„¢? I've got a really nice Homeworld-like cruiser in orbit and the 8 space missiles that are on it is just not enough to do a lasting combat campaign. I've also loaded up with 8 of Lacks' turrets that he modded for this mod as with some Hydra rocket pods, and ammo.

You might want to go to the thread with weapons in it. This is for engines and other motives.

I played with this a little today after having two landers smash into Minmus. It appears they work on some vehicles and not others. My mun lander that uses the IL-40 engine works no problem, both on the mun and on the launchpad. My minmus landers - which are of a very similar design - receive zero thrust from their IL-40s. They'll make fire and noise while burning fuel, but there is zero acceleration happening either in space or on the launchpad.

Just came here to confirm this. Had a lander crash on the moon because of this problem.

OK, so a bit more testing later, but i'm still havin' some critter trouble. On low gravity worlds like Duna or the Mun, opening the legs will occasionally cause the critters to spring a few meters into the air. There have been a few instances where i've lost key parts like solar panels from the impact. Any idea what's causing this? Also, while the crawler parts have become my favorite parts period, there's an issue with finding the front end on it's symmetrical design, can you add, like, a line or design or something on it to indicate "this end forward"?

sorry it feels like i'm complaining huh. any way awsome work and i would love to see more critter parts.

Is there a link to get B.Dynamics in 0.25? Because I love this mod (mostly with the critter crawler) and I play in 0.25, I want to use this mod again, like I was in 0.24.2.

I play with it in 0.25 (32bits) and I have not encounter any problem yet.

@Nathan06250:

Based on the last few pages, players have had varying success with these parts and the plugin.

Are you having issues? If so, please describe them and provide all the information in the How to Get Support sticky. That way, when BahamutoD has a chance to work on this mod, s/he won't have to start from scratch.

I haven't encountered any issues, but I haven't used these parts much yet in 0.25.

• 3 weeks later...

hey baha, how come your mod doesnt come with tweak scale support i had to code it in myself but i feel like two of your engines are perfect for reentry pod and vtol use but sometimes they need to be upscaled case in point without your part i never would be able to get my heavy cargo plane with vtol functionality (the b9 vtol engines dont do it for me)

those are your engines at 140% to scale

FUya6dB.jpg

Edited by endl

Hey, Baha, I just saw a mention of your very first part, the lander base with landing gear and engines for the stock Mk1-2 pod. :) That was a pretty nifty part for a first release, and considering that your skills have grown exponentially since then, I wonder if you might consider taking another pass at that part? Maybe update the design of the landing leg doors and also the legs themselves, give the textures a fresh look more like the current stockalike style, work your magic by adding some cool new gizmo to the engines, I don't know. :) I always thought it was pretty neat the way the engines angled out for certain situations, then could rotate to provide full thrust straight ahead. I just didn't/don't like the 'Rockamax Orange', that's all. Lol!

Anyway, heck, maybe there's interest... scratch that, I KNOW there would be interest in doing a large 'critter crawler' version of it, there's lots of folks who have requested a larger (2.5 meter plus) size. I myself don't need the critter legs, so perhaps 2 versions, one with engines and 'crawler' legs, one with engines and regular landing legs.

So, there you go. I'm just brainstorming. I'm sure you're quite busy with all of your various mods and projects, so if you don't feel the need to add this to your workload, it's totally cool. Consider it simply a friendly request from a fan.

Keep on keepin' on, my friend!

:D

hey baha, how come your mod doesnt come with tweak scale support i had to code it in myself but i feel like two of your engines are perfect for reentry pod and vtol use but sometimes they need to be upscaled case in point without your part i never would be able to get my heavy cargo plane with vtol functionality (the b9 vtol engines dont do it for me)

those are your engines at 140% to scale

http://i.imgur.com/FUya6dB.jpg

could you put those .cfgs into a folder then possibly put up a DL link?

could you put those .cfgs into a folder then possibly put up a DL link?

its only one file that needs to be added to the distribution (BahaSp root folder) the code is really simple too, i don't know if baha has reasons not to do it but if you want the file i made here it is, i originally only wrote in the two large retractable engines but since you requested it i added in the rest of the retractable types.

i was going to subit a github request but there wasnt a specific entry for this mod package just a bunch of listing for some of the parts

Edited by endl

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.