[1.0+] B.Dynamics - Retracting/vectoring engines etc. v1.2.0 (May 6)

BahamutoD

Hi Bahamutod,

I made a proof of concept engine using your vector engine model. Its a thermal nuclear turbine that just uses intake air as fuel. The engine is based off of this concept: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_Nuclear_Propulsion

It works really well, at least until you get into thin atmosphere. I'll send it to you once I'm done with work.

I lowered the thrust and incresed the weight so it wouldn't be too broken. A few more tweaks are needed but for now it confirms my hypothesis.

Having a blast with these turbojet pods...

http://i.imgur.com/RXgSoRH.jpg

This little SSTO has half of its LF\Ox left after the flight - meaning that it can probably go for another orbit-and-back trip right now :)

nice :P maby using nerv engine u can remove all oxydiser and heve even better SSTO (or make it to havy and broke it :P)

Nice to see this mod updatet aspacjaly with new areo and new FAR euler so we can realy make good use from recractable engines and RCS

Edited by sober667

Tried out the critter crawler last night for the first time. That's an amazing mod. The engines are cool, but the walker is far more impressive, IMO.

Have you considered doing more with the walking-legs mode of transport? There are some other designs that could benefit greatly...

• 2 weeks later...

it seems that anything using the plugin crashes the game on right click. would tweak able everything do this?

edit: yes, tweakablevertying is to blame.

Edited by toric5

Hello,

Thank you for awesome parts! I just wanted to sound off and let you know the MJ-88 Mini Vectors are super-OP, at least for me right now. I've got them at 55km with no air, still producing thrust, lol. Check it out.

MgQRKd6.jpg

Then, right after, they flame out about 1km-ish higher. Previously, they had been producing almost full thrust the entire flight.

TNQ4jCv.jpg

Fun engines! I just feel they are super-OP atm. Thanks again, enjoying your parts :)

• 2 weeks later...

the mini vectors still use the "air powered rocket" pre 1.0 engine mechanics, which might be why they are so overpowered. Idk, I'm not a mod maker!

EDIT: The changelog says something about atmosphere curves being added to it so maybe I don't have the latest version (I got it from CKAN)

Edited by volcanicshrimp

for retractable parts (may need a new animation module) but could i request a low profile / retractable something be made, capable of using RPM cameras? preferably disabling video feed/just showing black when retracted

the cameras from hullcam (which rpm uses) can get blown off from aero sometimes, but arent low profile enough to justify making them imune to blowing off, as well a retractable camera shouldnt be effected from external heat (sunlight) as much - that 2nd bit can use DRE moduleanimation2value to adjust heat value perhaps, just some thinkin

The 1.25m jet has been updated to the new system, but as you said, the mini jet is stil using the old system. Sorry bout that.

Any chance of anyone releasing an updated version? I have the sweetest shuttle design but still can't use it because of how OP the engines are.

For the moment though, the Vector and the Retractable Cluster work awesome off each other. Better performance than a RAPIER in more or less the same package!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=481378977

First of all massive props for the mod! I love those engines! I still have to try out the crawler but I can't wait...

Now to my problem..

I have a weird bug with your radial engines. The thrust vector seems off. In the editor Everything looks ok but when I thrust the craft starts to spin. Is this a bug with your engines or ksp? Maybe you have a suggestion?

Thanks

NEpPl6z.png

S70LbDl.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.