[1.0+] B.Dynamics - Retracting/vectoring engines etc. v1.2.0 (May 6)

BahamutoD

23 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Did you grab is specifically from this Quiztech, the updated version?

http://spacedock.info/mod/836/QuizTechAeroPackContinued

Yea i noticed after i posted that there was an update on the last page but the download i got was from the OP which hadn't been updated, now i got the right dll its all good. :)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• 1 month later...

I got this mod installed via CKAN (Bahamuto Dynamics Parts Pack and BahamutoD Animation Modules). I grabbed the animatin module .dll from the above linked Quiztech pack, but still the parts doesn't function as they were originally.

Most likely I'm missing something, but what? Can you give me some hints?

I would really like to use the XT Landertron for smart rocket aided landing with the animation.

@bokrif and @Virtualgenius .........

We at the BDAc development team have taken it upon ourselves to keep BDA up and running as well as other mods from the Baha family

Here's a link to the thread where we have gathered BDA and related mods ... We have a working version of BDAnimationModules compiled for 1.1.3

Edited by DoctorDavinci

2 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@bokrif and @Virtualgenius .........

We at the BDAc development team have taken it upon ourselves to keep BDA up and running as well as other mods from the Baha family

Here's a link to the thread where we have gathered BDA and related mods ... We have a working version of BDAnimationModules compiled for 1.1.3

This was one of my favorite mods, especially since the radial-mounted retractable nozzles made for great retrorockets (retract for streamlined re-entry then deploy for landing burn, et cetera). I'm glad to see you guys are making an effort to keep this and Bahamuto's other mods alive during his absence.

As for me, I'm just coming off of a 3 month KSP hiatus with some brand new hardware. Specifically an AMD FX 4350 CPU and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card, plus 8GB memory with plans to expand to 64GB. Goodbye crappy laptop, hello AURIGA Mk IV! And you know what that means... DOWNLOAD ALL THE MODS!!!

PS: Are you guys planning on adding the updated BD Animation Modules to CKAN? There's already a BD Animation Module mod on there by "rangernick", but it seems to have no effect as I cannot find the engines anywhere on the Tech Tree or in the parts list when installed.

Edited by Auriga_Nexus

2 hours ago, Auriga_Nexus said:

This was one of my favorite mods, especially since the radial-mounted retractable nozzles made for great retrorockets (retract for streamlined re-entry then deploy for landing burn, et cetera). I'm glad to see you guys are making an effort to keep this and Bahamuto's other mods alive during his absence.

We on the BDAc development team are all passionate about KSP as well as BDA, which is why we have put our time into keeping these mods up to date in Baha's absence

Our team at the moment consists of 6 members who all bring different talents to the table ... Many of us have extensive experience in various areas of aerospace, computer programming, manufacturing, high end electronics as well as real world weapon and targeting system design and testing not to mention the coding and programming experience of our project lead @Papa_Joe

It gives all of us On the BDAc development team a warm feeling inside knowing that the KSP community appreciates our efforts

Edited by DoctorDavinci

2 hours ago, Auriga_Nexus said:

Are you guys planning on adding the updated BD Animation Modules to CKAN? There's already a BD Animation Module mod on there by "rangernick", but it seems to have no effect as I cannot find the engines anywhere on the Tech Tree or in the parts list when installed.

As stated in the BDA Continued thread, I bring to your attention the following ........

While we agree CKAN is a great mod for those that choose an easy method to manage their mods, we take no part, nor are we interested in maintaining CKAN mod metadata for BDArmory and any other associated mods.  Please don't ask us about it but refer to the CKAN mod thread if you are having issues with CKAN or the metadata it maintains.

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Jesus Christ dude, easy with the bold font. It was only a question. But thanks for at least keeping this alive. I don't particularly care for BDArmory since I'm a weed-smoking hippie* who wants to use space science for peace, not war, but again, the retractable RCS and engines make for nice streamlined ships.

*Not really.

Edited by Auriga_Nexus

14 hours ago, Auriga_Nexus said:

Jesus Christ dude, easy with the bold font. It was only a question. But thanks for at least keeping this alive. I don't particularly care for BDArmory since I'm a weed-smoking hippie* who wants to use space science for peace, not war, but again, the retractable RCS and engines make for nice streamlined ships.

*Not really.

Sorry bout the bold face type ... I was on mobile and did a copy paste from the BDAc thread

On 8/17/2016 at 6:23 PM, bokrif said:

I got this mod installed via CKAN (Bahamuto Dynamics Parts Pack and BahamutoD Animation Modules). I grabbed the animatin module .dll from the above linked Quiztech pack, but still the parts doesn't function as they were originally.

Most likely I'm missing something, but what? Can you give me some hints?

I would really like to use the XT Landertron for smart rocket aided landing with the animation.

You don't really need that. There's a new version of the XT Landertron that uses the BD models with generic animations. I think it's this one. Take a look: https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/XTLandertron

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2016 at 10:11 AM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

The legs use the pre-1.1 wheel modules and model setup, so it won't work without some model work.  (The config file needs editing as well, but that's easier.)

Oh, that's good to know--I was wondering what the problem was. Hopefully someone will get on it, the Critter Crawler is easily my favorite rover-alternative (or possibly rover in general, since ASET's packable rover is MIA). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/25/2016 at 2:30 PM, Synthesis said:

Oh, that's good to know--I was wondering what the problem was. Hopefully someone will get on it, the Critter Crawler is easily my favorite rover-alternative (or possibly rover in general, since ASET's packable rover is MIA). 

I completely agree on that. Never had a chance to use the packable rover, but it looked like an awesome mod. 

Also, i too await the return of the Critter Crawler

12 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

If somebody has a copy of one of these that is unadulterated/ not screwed with in some vague attempt to make it work I'd be very interested in getting hold of a copy

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Well... I usually do not delete stuff, so I have some very old copies of stuff, this incl.

BDynamicsv1.2.0.zip

BDAnimationModules-0.6.1.zip

The second link it the source code of the animation module. I think it's the latest one from the forums. I really hope you can do some magic, since the BahamutoD mod's where pretty great :D

12 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

Well... I usually do not delete stuff,

Thanks I've got everything I need now I think 'cept luck.    I just love the hoarding nature of KSP mod users, if it's been released someone has a copy somewhere, i've  just discovered a huge stash of 0.18 mods  on an old drive too :)

On 1/16/2017 at 5:13 PM, JediRangerkendor said:

I completely agree on that. Never had a chance to use the packable rover, but it looked like an awesome mod. 

Also, i too await the return of the Critter Crawler

Yeah, it's a crying shame that ASET packable rover seems abandoned! 

On 1/17/2017 at 4:07 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

If somebody has a copy of one of these that is unadulterated/ not screwed with in some vague attempt to make it work I'd be very interested in getting hold of a copy

If you still need it, I can give you my copy--if you're successful, you should consider taking a look at the ASET rover too...*not so subtle hint* 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.