[1.0+] B.Dynamics - Retracting/vectoring engines etc. v1.2.0 (May 6)

BahamutoD

This mod is at the top of my 'prospective' list. It seems so cool and I cant wait till the next update when the little kinks are worked out and the new stuff gets added in! (that spotlight looks like pure awesome.)

Update

v1.1

-added 1.25m 'Vector' jet engine

-added mouse-aim spotlight

-rescaled ILX-40

-fixed ILX-40 collider

-fixed ILX-40 center of mass & attach point (may break crafts)

-fixed TRR engine causing rotation

-fixed Mini-vector thrust gimbal

-fixed RCS rescaleFactor typo

-fixed mini-vector offset

-balance tweaks

-added Gimbal toggle button to vector jets

-reduced mini-vector thrust

-set prices and techtree locations

-updated BDAnimationModules.dll

I hope everything works..

Note: Some rescaling/repositioning of a couple parts may mean you need to reattach them to your crafts. Existing crafts might look a little wonky. Sorry about that but it had to be done.

Edited by BahamutoD

Update

v1.1

-added 1.25m 'Vector' jet engine

-added mouse-aim spotlight

-rescaled ILX-40

-fixed ILX-40 collider

-fixed ILX-40 center of mass & attach point (may break crafts)

-fixed TRR engine causing rotation

-fixed Mini-vector thrust gimbal

-fixed RCS rescaleFactor typo

-fixed mini-vector offset

-balance tweaks

-added Gimbal toggle button to vector jets

-reduced mini-vector thrust

-set prices and techtree locations

-updated BDAnimationModules.dll

I hope everything works..

Note: Some rescaling/repositioning of a couple parts may mean you need to reattach them to your crafts. Existing crafts might look a little wonky. Sorry about that but it had to be done.

Yeah, was waiting for this update! :D

Thanks!

Please take a cookie:

chocochipcookie_t.jpg

that mouse-aimed spotlight would go rather well with your mouse-aimed weapons for deep-space and/or night-time raids. Now we just need the ability to place spotlights on the ground that will track your active vessel within a certain range so we can have tracking launch-lights.

That should work with it already. Have a separate craft with the lights, turn them on, and select your launch vehicle as the target. Switch back to your launch vehicle and the lights should track it.

Thanks for the cookie marce!

That should work with it already. Have a separate craft with the lights, turn them on, and select your launch vehicle as the target. Switch back to your launch vehicle and the lights should track it.

Thanks for the cookie marce!

Hey that sounds pretty useful for a mothership tracking a small work vehicle with lights.

It looks like I slightly messed up the animation on one of the engines. It still works but it looks a little weird. I'll do a hotfix later.

edit: I updated it to 1.1b, but if you already have v1.1 its not necessary to update unless you notice the animation glitch and it bugs you. Everything works the same.

Edited by BahamutoD

I do hope the hot-fix for the animation problem also fixes the engine emitter firing off in the VAB when placing the critter crawler. The thing is spewing out particles from the expected orifice, as well as out one of its sides, and I'm not even out of the construction area yet.

I have a problem with the radial engines they will not throttle up they activate and all the other parts work fine, One thing i did notice is that it was giving me NaNC for the temp in DREC is it not compatible with DREC?

Must be something else interfering with it. I have no issues with DREC and B.Dynamics parts.

It worked with all these mods i have before it was updated, the only thing i changed was removing KWR and adding Novapunch. So is it not compatible with novapunch? I cant think of why it wouldn't be.

Ok I just spent the better part of the afternoon chasing this one down... very strange.

The problem Woodstar is describing, I also got the issue.

I removed mods, tried everything and was finally able to reproduce it in a "clean" environment.

To reproduce:

Install on a clean stock install this mod and the latest mechjeb.

Create a new save game (or do it in your existing, this part doesn't matter) and create a new ship.

On the ship put a pod (any pod or probe), a tank (any tank), mechjeb and a few TRR-1s.

Launch.

Stage and very carefully play with the throttle (you don't want to crash ;)) note that it works fine.

Open Mechjeb, Options and enable "Prevent Overheat"... note that the throttle pegs to zero and nothing works.

Worse from previous testing if you leave a ship like this and go to another ship even one without the TRR-1 parts, the throttle acts very very strangely (one ship I switched to had the throttle pegged to max, I could change it but it kept returning to max).

Here is the output_log.txt

https://gist.github.com/aelana/729f441c42cad5ddb18a

Edited by elfindreams

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.