[0.0] Small Stanford torus and Biodome models

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gah! No answer!!! I'm borkin', I'm borkin'!

I'm gonna save my save file... Just in case, and load this mod into 1.0 to see what happens. My concern is, does this have thermal or drag characteristics compatible with 1.0, or will the game just sorta... figure it out.

I guess I'll try. Last time I launched one of these, it used an ungodly asparagus staged monstrosity. I had 13 stacks of Kerbodyne tanks, the BIG ones, I think stacked either 2 or 3 tanks tall, and there were 13 of those quad engine clusters to fit each of those stacks. I had to use the little tiny oscar tanks, held out on the end of the long structural girder, just to act as "waypoints" for the fuel lines, cause it took 3 fuel lines to connect up the asparagus staging on the outer layer of tanks! It was Ca-RAY-zee! :confused:

In all likelihood, this mod will no longer work under 1.0.x because of the changes in node placement. If you're interested in very large, extremely heavy payloads with art that is very similar to this (and outstanding to boot), check out michaelhester07's Civilian Population mod. You can't get much heavier payloads short of throwing on NRAPs and launching them for fun. I highly recommend it.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112142-90-Civilian-Population-1-3

In all likelihood, this mod will no longer work under 1.0.x because of the changes in node placement. If you're interested in very large, extremely heavy payloads with art that is very similar to this (and outstanding to boot), check out michaelhester07's Civilian Population mod. You can't get much heavier payloads short of throwing on NRAPs and launching them for fun. I highly recommend it.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112142-90-Civilian-Population-1-3

Yeah, I've seen that, but the size is ridonkulous, and I really like the style of the little biodome in the old pack a lot! :sticktongue:

I always preferred it for the scenic IVA from recliners, with hot -c-o-f-f-e-e- cider (my Kerbals drink green apple cider), as opposed to food production. :cool:

I guess I'm not really into the really big stuff. I also don't feel I'm quite inclined to let my civvies into space yet! Jeb doesn't trust those nutty reproducing snack nabbers! :confused:

I'll miss my old biodomes... I launched a WHOLE station with one of those and the S25 torus using 13 stacks of kerbodyne big-gas tanks, and 13 of the quad engines, all asparagus staged... I did it again, but that next time, refueled the beast and kept enough engines to land it on minmus... Yeah, I realize the torus isn't meant for landing, but pppthht! I wanted a Kethane mining land donut with trees on Minmus. :D

I haven't used any mods that have you do any kind of space construction, and I don't use hyperedit. HE is boring...

So... Is this node thing something that could possibly be fixed as a quick update and recompile type fix thing, or is this a major modification?

Edited by richfiles

• 8 months later...

Still no response to getting the nodes/thermal/aero on these parts fixed for 1.0.5... ;.;
I REALLY like these two parts. They feel cozy. The civilian population parts just don't have that same feel, in my opinion.

What I want, are these dome/torus parts for my crew, not for civvies.

• 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.