The Laythe Adventure

This story is adapted from my English class story called The Titan Adventure

The charecters are;

Captain Jeb Kerman a professional air force pilot and astronaut

Commander Bob Thoron a comm officer for the navy and the kerbin space station

Private Aldey Scot a demoted sergeant in the army demoted for disobeying his commander by saving his commanders life

Doctor perry she is the most experienced docter on the planet she has worked with all the armed forces and the astronaut corps.

Engineer Scot served in the naval air force as an engineer on aircraft carriers aswell as many jets

I will try to post regular updates but as im 14 i have school and i may forget.

Prologue

1QO5mmr.png

The year is 2214, 190 years after the first Duna manned landing. When Kerbals first settled on Duna they found the remains of an old advanced civilization that went extinct over 2,000 years ago. when our scientists investigated the ruins they found plans for a high powered thruster that could decrease travel time significantly. They also discovered an experimental artificial gravity. As they searched more of the ruins for the valuable technology. After three weeks of searching the ruins they finally gave up and decided to go back to base. On the way back to the base a scientist sighted an old ship they all went over to it and inspected it. They discovered two more plans one for a force-field and the other for a laser weapon.

Edited by Commander Jebidiah

Chapter 1: The Orion Revealed

TsXSGAZ.png

It was early morning, Jeb Kerman had just woken up and turned on the TV, the news channel was on.

N1JoPWJ.png

"Today the Kerbin Exploration Society completed constructio of the KES Orion, an armed exploration cruiser. Captain Jeb Kerman will be taking command of the Orion, assisted by Bob Thoron and Private Aldey Scot. The Orion will leave Medium Kerbin Orbit and proceed to jool for exploration of the surface of Laythe. Thats all we have on space now we have the wea..."

BxEsrVX.png

Jeb turned the TV off. He walked to the kitchen grabbed a bowl of cereal-K and sat on his couch and ate.

If you can live with not doing a 'pure' after-action-report you could always use infinite fuel to get Orion out to wherever you want to take your pictures. Or ditch the pictures altogether and go with a text only story. Writing is great - you can put scenes into your story that you could never create an in-game screenshot for. Not without some serious art skills at any rate. :)

THE END

This is the end of the Laythe Adventure as I've just found out the Orion has not got enough delta v to get to Jool let alone Lay the.

I may try again someday but right now I don't know what to do

Put a booster on the Orion.

-Duxwing

If you can live with not doing a 'pure' after-action-report you could always use infinite fuel to get Orion out to wherever you want to take your pictures. Or ditch the pictures altogether and go with a text only story. Writing is great - you can put scenes into your story that you could never create an in-game screenshot for. Not without some serious art skills at any rate. :)

Sorry im not smart enough to know what you mean by this but if its a compliment thanks anyway i plan on making the Orion Mk.2

here look at these pictures of the Orions final 15 minutes.

https://imgur.com/a/hcsCb

Sorry im not smart enough to know what you mean by this but if its a compliment thanks anyway i plan on making the Orion Mk.2

here look at these pictures of the Orions final 15 minutes.

https://imgur.com/a/hcsCb

What he means is at you can use infinite fuel to get to where you want.... You can access this by alt-F12 . Just get to where you need to, then turn around and press F2 to remove the HUD. Press F1 to take the screenshot. That's what he's talking about... If you need help, ask.

What he means is at you can use infinite fuel to get to where you want.... You can access this by alt-F12 . Just get to where you need to, then turn around and press F2 to remove the HUD. Press F1 to take the screenshot. That's what he's talking about... If you need help, ask.

I New what he meant about infinite fuel.

This is what I don't know what he means.

Writing is great - you can put scenes into your story that you could never create an in-game screenshot for. Not without some serious art skills at any rate.

I New what he meant about infinite fuel.

This is what I don't know what he means.

Sorry - I just meant that you could skip the pictures and give yourself more flexibility to tell your story. I loved your picture of Jeb's living room by the way, especially the way you did the TV - but there is a limit to what you can do with screenshots because there's a limit to what you can build in-game.

Whereas with writing you don't have to worry about building it or making screenshots - you can just make things up as you go along. :) So, if your Laythe lander wasn't working, it wouldn't be a problem, just describe it for us.

Sorry - I just meant that you could skip the pictures and give yourself more flexibility to tell your story. I loved your picture of Jeb's living room by the way, especially the way you did the TV - but there is a limit to what you can do with screenshots because there's a limit to what you can build in-game.

Whereas with writing you don't have to worry about building it or making screenshots - you can just make things up as you go along. :) So, if your Laythe lander wasn't working, it wouldn't be a problem, just describe it for us.

Oh I finally gave up with a laythe lander that could return to orbit. My idea was to send down a small base aswell as an SSTO Spaceplane.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.