Why is my stuff falling apart?

Been playing for a little while, focusing on getting to other planets rather than moving around on them; so I've been using a stock rover I downloaded.

It has recently stopped working in all the places it used to.

Driving a long, smooth surface, even slower than I know I've gone before then all of a sudden something just falls apart. Different part or connection every time. No bump, no nothing, just its like they arent connected at all and are just frozen in time until something random happens.

So first, welcome to the forums.

In situations like this, pics really help. If you can also provide a link for the rover you're using, that'd be good too.

That said, the game's in development, and there can be bugs. No guarantee that we'll be able to solve it.

Also, list any mods youre using.

Sometimes, a premade rover can have issues with symmetry, and randomly break up. For example, A short time ago, someone had an issue with a rocket with 2 rovers breaking up at 6000m EVERY time. a craft file helped as we narrowed the problem down to SPH symmetry being used with multiple vehicles in the VAB, (or something like that lol).

So symmetry MAY be the issue, but screenshots/craft file would definitely help! :)

The issue with those rovers were that some batteries were clipped into each other due to incorrect symmetry handling, IIRC.

So, yes pictures might not help, but craft file will help 100% sure. (Although pictures are also welcome)

Sometimes, a premade rover can have issues with symmetry, and randomly break up. For example, A short time ago, someone had an issue with a rocket with 2 rovers breaking up at 6000m EVERY time. a craft file helped as we narrowed the problem down to SPH symmetry being used with multiple vehicles in the VAB, (or something like that lol).

So symmetry MAY be the issue, but screenshots/craft file would definitely help! :)

I wouldn't expect anything with that kind of issue to get to another planet, let alone drive on it :P

For reference, here's the thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82018-Whats-happening-with-my-rovers

As everyone else has said, pictures (and ideally the craft file you're using for the rover) would really help to solve this problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.