GTA V. PC. This fall.

The Destroyer

Maybe the wait means they've actually put in some effort to make it work properly on the PC, unlike GTA IV...

Well... True, Ports aren't easy... (Unless they're PC to Any Console Except Wii-U)

1 year between console and pc release is actually quite a quick turnaround when you consider Rockstar's history.

There were GTA titles that only took 6 months for the porting from console to pc, and I already didn't like that.

It is like "oh well we develop it on a pc but hey, you can wait, consoles are more important."

They took their time :/

I hope it's a better port than GTA IV. And PLEASE DON'T EVER EVER USE GFWL AGAIN

I agree with you there Nova, hopefully it will be optimised well and have a good modding api. Its a shame that they aren't releasing GTA V on Mac.

I think by PC they mean Personal Computer aka Linux/Windows/Mac.

I could be mistaken.

I won't buy it, because treating PC users as second class customers, is nothing that I want to support!

Do you want it done fast or do you want it done right? I do not mind a slower release if that means more quality.

Edit: o shoot, they combine it with the Xbox One and PS4 releases. Not too sure about that.

Oh man, at first, I thought you were bluffing, then I saw that the video was uploaded by THE Rockstar Games themselves, I guess that was the "unannounced game" being Debuted at E3 today! I was literally jumping on my bed like a 5 year old!

No matter how fast they ported, this was never going to be released anytime soon after it was for the old consoles. The timing was pretty much perfect to encourage everyone who doesn't want to wait a year to buy it on the old systems, and hopefully buy it again for the new consoles or PC for the better performance. Certainly not idea from a consumer perspective, but this is the most expensive game ever made, and they'll want to see a matching return on investment.

I am hoping that they did take this time to do a quality port. I think that the new consoles being more similar to PC's probably works in the PC's favor this time if nothing else, though PC ports (any type of computer) are still the hardest because you don't know exactly what the end user hardware is going to be.

I've owned every GTA except IV on computer before I bought it on console (the opposite of most, I suspect) and have never been dissatisfied with the quality.

I've already played GTAV on the console though and found that it did not keep my attention. I have nothing bad to say about it; I just kept not playing it a lot.

After about 200 hours of PS3 GTA V I can safely say I'm playing a lot more on PC. My issues with the game are the resolution (720p on a 1440p monitor is really bad), FPS (around 20 is my guess), very slow loading times/a lot of waiting and the broken online lobby system which plain doesn't work for playing with friends. Other than that, the game itself is fantastic. Its attention to detail amazes me to this day for example, I can't wait to see it in all its glory at 60FPS and full res.

Just found this on the Facebooks. http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/12/grand-theft-auto-v-on-steam-promises-advanced-video-editor-other-enhancements/ and this http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/12/gta-5-trailer-analysis-cats-dogs-smog-and-more-new-features-spotted/

It looks like the PC version will be life like with stuff like the amount of pedestrians and cars, lighting and grass.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.