Kerbal Corp Wars!

StrahmDude

yeah np and i was thinking about how the trader has all his unique abilities and that seems a little OP. What i think should happen is everyone should have some buff in correlation to his chosen corp

yeah np and i was thinking about how the trader has all his unique abilities and that seems a little OP. What i think should happen is everyone should have some buff in correlation to his chosen corp

Those are just the chosen personality. It's just how the corps will act, and they can be reasonable and not attack if they gain nothing from it. Note we want to play some practice turns in order to see how overpowered everything actually is, so we can make changes. That is why you see the v0.5.0, so we will see if all of the corps get special abilities, but, for now, only the trader will get special abilities.

I'm in that timezone :D

Thus it is a good other member. I am now much happier with 4 members. I would still prefer 5 through :/

Also he brings up a good point of special abilities. Should we give a special ability to all corps based on the name/backstory? For example Kerbal Imperial Astronautics would get some sort of additional funding boost, and phenox corp would get free repairs. Then maybe Chaos Inc. Would get some sort of stealth ability that allows them to always get first attack, provided someone attacks them. That would depend on if we gave that to the Trader. Just food for thought.

- - - Updated - - -

thank for clearing that up, i sort of viewed them as like a "class" but honestly your way actually sounds better. Sorry by the way if i sound presumtuous

Thats fine :) It's easy to get mistaken over the internet :P

Thus it is a good other member. I am now much happier with 4 members. I would still prefer 5 through :/

Also he brings up a good point of special abilities. Should we give a special ability to all corps based on the name/backstory? For example Kerbal Imperial Astronautics would get some sort of additional funding boost, and phenox corp would get free repairs. Then maybe Chaos Inc. Would get some sort of stealth ability that allows them to always get first attack, provided someone attacks them. That would depend on if we gave that to the Trader. Just food for thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats fine :) It's easy to get mistaken over the internet :P

what i was thinking was(and again just food for thought) is that maybe the warmonger has the ability to have a super class ship, the scientist gets some high tech weaponry and the good guy gets some point bonuses because of increased morale amongst his kerbals.

guys i was looking through the thread and someone(i forget who sry) posted a bunch of ships including the roach. I think that the roach is actually a good idea,you need intel on what the enemy has and the roach would also distract some enemy fire(maybe). Also i was thinking to add realism when ur in a dogfight u should fight in iva mode which could make things more interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Ultraflight welcome yah it is there is space for you if you want to join

- - - Updated - - -

i like the press idea that would be pretty cool

hm, is this open for anyone to join?

If so, I might build some ion-driven probe and hang around battles, recording for the press.

Would seem pretty cool to me.

Please come and join us! We would be happy to have you. You can be any be any sort of corp you want. Even a press corp.

That brings me into my next topic of discussion! Visibility.

How should we treat the visibility of of your ships? I have 3 ideas

1. In order to keep your troops "invisible" to radar aka other corps from seeing them you have to launch a signal bouncing satellite that is visible to everyone that would make your guys invisible. I was thinking 1 per 2 planets round down minimum 1. That way people can take it down, but as long as they are up, no one will know about how many troops you have or where they are. Adds surprise.

2. The only way you can know about troops is seeing them, and to even know how many ships they have, you have to keep track of the ones lost in battle. Everyone sees you launch a vessel. You can't hide that on kerbain. Again adds surprise tactic.

3. Everyone is visible. Go plan and simple, no additional rules or complications.

Also I was thinking of doing something to the tune of, if you catch a kerbal in a super carrier, or carrier or some super important kerbal that we all would be required to have one of, you would be able to hear all of the plans that a person makes and order they issue for 1 turn. What do you guys think? Kind of like temporarily crack the encryption with their "given" knowledge? Or is that to much and should we just do a know the plans and things about the army they were commanding.

Edited by StrahmDude

Please come and join us! We would be happy to have you. You can be any be any sort of corp you want. Even a press corp.

That brings me into my next topic of discussion! Visibility.

How should we treat the visibility of troops? I have 3 ideas

1. In order to keep your troops "invisible" to radar, so only sight can see them, you have to launch a signal bouncing satellite that is visible to everyone that would make your guys invisible. I was thinking 1 per 2 planets round down minimum 1.

2. The only way you can know about troops is seeing them, and to even know how many ships they have, you have to keep track of the ones lost in battle. Everyone sees you launch a vessel. You can't hide that on kerbain.

3. Everyone is visible.

Also I was thinking of doing something to the tune of, if you catch a kerbal in a super carrier, or carrier or some super important kerbal that we all would be required to have one of, you would be able to hear all of the plans that a person makes and order they issue for 1 turn. What do you guys think? Kind of like temporarily crack the encryption with their "given" knowledge? Or is that to much and should we just do a know the plans and things about the army they were commanding.

So confused right now....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.