Kerbal Corp Wars!

StrahmDude

Speaking of story, I think that we should use the start of the series as a date point. For example, one in game year after we start will be year 1 and so on. Which means we start the game in year 0 and use the in game clock to date battles and other events.

Speaking of story, I think that we should use the start of the series as a date point. For example, one in game year after we start will be year 1 and so on. Which means we start the game in year 0 and use the in game clock to date battles and other events.

I like that idea. It would give more of a sense of time to everything. Should we start it at zero, or should we start it at like 3000 or somthing?

Start at 3000 AKA add 3000 to the year.

anyway, to get back on topic on having the first set of rules done. We still need to cover:

1) Should a turn be 4 months for now? (In game time)

2) I have seen a post for ksp animators and was wondering if you guys wanted to request a trailer to be made by one of them.

We also need to:

1) trade skype and steam names!

2)Fill in time tables.

We have completed:

1) We have a history set up that we can reference!

After these are done, we will be ready to start recording and the first test game! Everything in the test game will be temporary. Including the history made it i, but we can add stuff to the official game it someone comes up with something.

We will also do fun sim fights and record thoughts occasionally for fun and for people to watch.

Also I noticed you put something in the timeline about the KSP Military overthrowing the government. Was that in macy's videos or what?

anyway, to get back on topic on having the first set of rules done. We still need to cover:

2) I have seen a post for ksp animators and was wondering if you guys wanted to request a trailer to be made by one of them.

We also need to:

2)Fill in time tables.

We have completed:

After these are done, we will be ready to start recording and the first test game! Everything in the test game will be temporary. Including the history made it i, but we can add stuff to the official game it someone comes up with something.

We will also do fun sim fights and record thoughts occasionally for fun and for people to watch.

Also I noticed you put something in the timeline about the KSP Military overthrowing the government. Was that in macy's videos or what?

It wasn't it originated in my corps backstory.

Also, four months in game time sounds balanced enough to me

I thought we had already all traded steam and Skype names.

lol i still haven't made a skype, but when i do it will be xgu2800, also aren't we all in the steam group?

I mean friend requests.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant 3 months..... Typo on my part! We will start with 3 months and see if we need to up it to 4. Also, no one should ever get a turn ahead! If you plan on attacking someone during a turn, let them know. We are going to have to mess around with seeing how reverting a ship works. Hopefully it just reverts that ship and it doesn't delete ships you launched after it.

.... I can't believe I just read over that >.>

I think they both should have just been arrested for endangerment of peoples lives and murder due to lives lost in the battles.

Also I just thought of something, what are we going to do about the colony he had on layth? Are we going to say they returned home? Also what about the ship? Did they go home as well?

We also need to:

2)Fill in time tables.

We have completed:

a trailer would be pretty cool, could u send a link to the post?

i still vote 3, more BP means more epicness.

Unless i am mistaken we are doing a spin off of macey's series and we can edit the story as we please.

Also i had a fun idea- blockading planets, if you have a fleet orbiting an enemies planet(a full 8 FP) and there are no enemy ships you can create a blockade meaning no BP from that planet produced can be used, your enemy can of course try to break the blockade by destroying the fleet doing the blockading.

.... I can't believe I just read over that >.>

I think they both should have just been arrested for endangerment of peoples lives and murder due to lives lost in the battles.

Also I just thought of something, what are we going to do about the colony he had on layth? Are we going to say they returned home? Also what about the ship? Did they go home as well?

the colony was built ages ago and because the mission was similar to Mars one they all died on laythe of natural causes, Spiritwolf decided not to invest any further into Laythe, after all the Kerbal military was a far bigger worry.

a trailer would be pretty cool, could u send a link to the post?

i still vote 3, more BP means more epicness.

Unless i am mistaken we are doing a spin off of macey's series and we can edit the story as we please.

Also i had a fun idea- blockading planets, if you have a fleet orbiting an enemies planet(a full 8 FP) and there are no enemy ships you can create a blockade meaning no BP from that planet produced can be used, your enemy can of course try to break the blockade by destroying the fleet doing the blockading.

It is three months. I put 4 by accident.

Yes we are doing a spin off.

Also I agree with the blockade. If you are present at a enemy planet at the start of the turn, throughout the turn, and at the end of the turn, then they will get no bp. Also since a capture will take multiple turns to happen.

That reminds me:

How long should it take to capture a planet? I think at least 2 turns to 4 turns.

Also here is the link: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85884-Post-Your-Cinematics-here%21-%28Cinematic-Enthusiasts%29

I bet if we request it someone will take us up on the offer. Does everyone agree with this?

yah the trailer sounds good, but i think we should wait until we have things ironed out.

The time it takes to capture a planet should be based on the infrastructure you have on it(the more the longer it takes)

The infrastructure could be most easily counted by the number of BP it creates per turn, how this would play into capturing the planet idk

yah the trailer sounds good, but i think we should wait until we have things ironed out.

The time it takes to capture a planet should be based on the infrastructure you have on it(the more the longer it takes)

The infrastructure could be most easily counted by the number of BP it creates per turn, how this would play into capturing the planet idk

So a empty planet would take 1 turn and a full planet takes 4?

They can produce 159, so if we wanted it to be a max of 4 turns then from turns till capture calculation, we will have the equation (BP)/40 rounded up to the nearest turn.

By the way, I was thinking about using hyper edit in order to make our lives easier. Hopefully it will work with dark multiplayer.

Edited by StrahmDude

They can produce 159, so if we wanted it to be a max of 4 turns then from turns till capture calculation, we will have the equation (BP)/40 rounded up to the nearest turn.

By the way, I was thinking about using hyper edit in order to make our lives easier. Hopefully it will work with dark multiplayer.

Hyper edit makes this 1000% easier. Also, could you link the uneditable version of the history document in the main post?

Good god, this thread has ballooned.

I guess I'm in, but I can't be on very often.

My steam is Chef Sandvich, and I don't use Skype nor ever will.

I guess I'll be flying a non-hostile probe around battles, recording events for the press.

EDIT: Do I have to care about resources? I won't make an attempt to conquer any planets, only send peaceful probes to record data and events such as battles or blockades.

EDITWO: And another thing: My computer is a dinosaur. When even 2 kerbals come near each other in multiplayer, the game becomes a Windows Movie Maker slideshow.

But I still think I can pull off probing.

If I may, can I use MechJeb, (only for ascents and perhaps the odd difficult manuever), or will I have to pull out the olex.biz calculator?

Edited by Ultraflight

I guess I'll be flying a non-hostile probe around battles, recording events for the press.

EDIT: Do I have to care about resources? I won't make an attempt to conquer any planets, only send peaceful probes to record data and events such as battles or blockades.

EDITWO: And another thing: My computer is a dinosaur. When even 2 kerbals come near each other in multiplayer, the game becomes a Windows Movie Maker slideshow.

If I may, can I use MechJeb, (only for ascents and perhaps the odd difficult manuever), or will I have to pull out the olex.biz calculator?

Since you're not a combatant, you can use whatever is necessary to record data from battles. I'll even make you a press flag. :)

Yes, yes it has.

Non combatants don't need resources like choninja21 said.

When it comes to the computer, we will be having several hundred parts within a 1k distance. You can join, but you would need to find some way to work with that if you record. I would recommend embracing the slideshow if you do.

Edited by StrahmDude

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.