Kerbal Corp Wars!

StrahmDude

We did if my memory serves

I don't recall any contact with this project before - but I've only been involved with HyperEdit since June of 2013.

Regardless, we want to find and squash any and all bugs, so let's have at it.

What exactly is happening? I need all the steps required to recreate the problem.

Yea, we'll need a lot more info to figure whatever the problem might be. I look forward to more details.

What happens is when we teleport ships using the rendezvous setup, they will slide on their orbit. With 2 ships it is annoying. With 3 there is a explosion, and rarely a immortal space debree that breaks space and time that I nick named P.E.T.E (I just came up with this btw: Potentially Extremely dangerous Terrestrial Ex-object). Any it seems all our ships when put into orbit slide along it and due to using rendezvous to get them up there collide instead of stopping at a distance. Since we have none of our ships ready to go fly to orbit and we don't have the time to do so or do it in the first place we are in a bad spot. Anyway when I sit down to do additional testing I will try to give you a exact distance. Sadly I am busy with scholarships at the moment and time is something I am lacking.....

Edit: By the way I check this forum twice a day.

Edited by StrahmDude

What happens is when we teleport ships using the rendezvous setup, they will slide on their orbit. With 2 ships it is annoying. With 3 there is a explosion, and rarely a immortal space debree that breaks space and time that I nick named P.E.T.E (I just came up with this btw: Potentially Extremely dangerous Terrestrial Object). Any it seems all our ships when put into orbit slide along it and due to using rendezvous to get them up there collide instead of stopping at a distance. Since we have none of our ships ready to go fly to orbit and we don't have the time to do so or do it in the first place we are in a bad spot. Anyway when I sit down to do additional testing I will try to give you a exact distance. Sadly I am busy with scholarships at the moment and time is something I am lacking.....

Edit: By the way I check this forum twice a day.

All the tests I've done - down to a lead time of 1 second in a 90km Kerbin orbit - have been explosion-free, and leave me ~ 2km apart. So far I have 4 copies of Kerbal X in a cluster, with no boom-booms.

Whenever you get time, if you could describe exactly where and what you're doing, and precisely what steps you're taking, I'll see if I can reproduce it. A copy of your ship file might help too.

I promise to do all I can to help. :)

All the tests I've done - down to a lead time of 1 second in a 90km Kerbin orbit - have been explosion-free, and leave me ~ 2km apart. So far I have 4 copies of Kerbal X in a cluster, with no boom-booms.

Whenever you get time, if you could describe exactly where and what you're doing, and precisely what steps you're taking, I'll see if I can reproduce it. A copy of your ship file might help too.

I promise to do all I can to help. :)

I'll try to get the percise steps and the ships up today, I will see if I can get some testing in to help find the exact conditions. You need to know all you canto find and dix a little bug, which with coding can be very hard.

By the way, you guys can expect the video tomorrow hopefully. I will put in my old tests and some new ones as well as the ship files hopefully.

Also I just want to point out I will be compressing like 2-3 hours of video to around 15-20min. So yea........ I hope to have a full examination of P.E.T.E by then, and of located the problem. Also I will try to give you the ship code. I might just message it to you, or use paste bin or something.....

Edit: Extra info

P.s. I am really sorry about the delays, I am really bad on estimating time till completion, and I am sorry. I really want to get it out before the weekend but we will see what actually happens >.>

Edited by StrahmDude

http://i.imgur.com/RpYX1em.jpg

Let me introduce you to something I came across examining the glitch.

Edit: Also my initial finding show that it only happens around layth but I will be testing every other planet in the sytem off camera to see if that is true. Incase you are wondering, I am testing every location with a infected ship and testing most many different ships, some stock, some not to find the parameters of the bug, that is why this is taking so long......

Edited by StrahmDude

http://i.imgur.com/RpYX1em.jpg

Let me introduce you to something I came across examining the glitch.

Edit: Also my initial finding show that it only happens around layth but I will be testing every other planet in the sytem off camera to see if that is true. Incase you are wondering, I am testing every location with a infected ship and testing most many different ships, some stock, some not to find the parameters of the bug, that is why this is taking so long......

I assume you're speaking to me - if not, please says so.

I'm sorry but that picture doesn't tell me anything.

What makes a ship "infected" in this context?

I'll need all relevant details - not just where it's happening, but every step you're taking (what you're clicking/typing/etc.) to make it happen.

When testing around Laythe, I've had zero explosions.

However, I do see what may be a bug or limitation with HyperEdit's Rendezvous function. When there are more than 2 craft in formation, it seems that HyperEdit may be getting confused as to which craft to link up with, and orbital velocities are getting boogered. I can see how that might cause ships to collide, thus creating the fireworks.

If this matches with what you're seeing, lemme know. I will be checking with The Creator to see what can be done.

I assume you're speaking to me - if not, please says so.

I'm sorry but that picture doesn't tell me anything.

What makes a ship "infected" in this context?

I'll need all relevant details - not just where it's happening, but every step you're taking (what you're clicking/typing/etc.) to make it happen.

The comment was meant as general feedback for everyone to see and the picture was the strangest thing to come from the glitch.

Also "infected" means that it is effected by the glitch. Infected is faster to say and type than affected by the sliding glitch. Also don't worry, I am recording the entire process and will even be providing the ship files.

- - - Updated - - -

However, I do see what may be a bug or limitation with HyperEdit's Rendezvous function. When there are more than 2 craft in formation, it seems that HyperEdit may be getting confused as to which craft to link up with, and orbital velocities are getting boogered. I can see how that might cause ships to collide, thus creating the fireworks.

If this matches with what you're seeing, lemme know. I will be checking with The Creator to see what can be done.

Something weird that occurred is I tested a ship around kerbin and it was fine but the glitch occurred both times I tested it around layth. It was my fighter btw. Also what seems to happens is, at least so far, they slide clockwise around the planet on their orbit and will stop their sliding at around 199 distance. More details in the video, there will be a lot more to go off of and you should be able to make your own observations. You will probably know what to look for.

That's the exact problem I've been having! :o

Alright guys, I finished the video yesterday, it should be up in about 10 ish hours. By the way, it is a long one, I will try and annotate it, so it is very user friendly, but keep in mind it is around 40 min long. Sorry it is so long, I might have been able to cut off 5 more minutes, but it was either this or you guys would have to wait for probably another couple of days. Anyway it will be out and it has everything you guys need,

Alright guys, here is the video!

I hope you all enjoy my 45 minute special. It took awhile to get out, and I am sorry about that.

By the way, I have decided not to post my ships, because since there doesn't appear a ship that is not affected by this, I judge it not worth it, and a waste of your and my time.

Edited by StrahmDude

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.