Kerbal Corp Wars!

StrahmDude

What do you guys think about the buildings?

Buildings:

farm: costs 4 (without a farm per colony/city they are worth/give half. City needs 2)

colony: costs 5 gives 1 (max: 8)

City: costs 15 gives 4 (max 1 on laythe)

science buildings: maybe 15

Give: 15 14 13 11 9 7 4 1

factory: cost 8 gives 6 (1 factory per colony, or 4 factories per city)

mine: cost 18 gives 14 (needs 2 factories per)

Are they fine for now? Do you think the numbers should be tweaked? Is the list short, long or too short?

INVITE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

TRADE SKYPE NAMES AND STEAM NAMES!!!!

When are you available?

How much BP should we start with? How many planets? How many buildings on the planets?

I am thinking everything required up to 1 factory + the factory one each planet, and everyone would get the production of one turn from one of these planets times 3 as starting resources. There is a good start. Build on it.

this is how i think it should be tweaked,

farm: costs 2 (without a farm per colony/city they are worth/give half. City needs 4)

colony: costs 5 gives 2 (max: 8)

City: costs 10 gives 8 (max 1 on laythe, can only be rebuilt 5 times)

science buildings: cost 22

factory: cost 12 gives 5 (1 factory per colony, or 4 factories per city)

mine: cost 22 gives 8 (needs 2 factories per, and can be built only on rocky surface)

these numbers would mean that it would take slightly longer to turn a profit on buildings(slightly more realistic)

everyone should start out with around 25 BP and there should be a truce in the beginning, just to allow us to build up our infrastructure.

These are just my thoughts, let me know what you think.

so is it really gonna start!? i do still need the server adress and the right mod for multiplayer

my vote is we run an alpha/beta version sometime in the beginning of October and then go for real after .25 is released and DMP/KMP is compatible with the new version.

this is how i think it should be tweaked,

farm: costs 2 (without a farm per colony/city they are worth/give half. City needs 4)

colony: costs 5 gives 2 (max: 8)

City: costs 10 gives 8 (max 1 on laythe, can only be rebuilt 5 times)

science buildings: cost 22

factory: cost 12 gives 5 (1 factory per colony, or 4 factories per city)

mine: cost 22 gives 8 (needs 2 factories per, and can be built only on rocky surface)

these numbers would mean that it would take slightly longer to turn a profit on buildings(slightly more realistic)

everyone should start out with around 25 BP and there should be a truce in the beginning, just to allow us to build up our infrastructure.

These are just my thoughts, let me know what you think.

First let's start giving reasons in a separate parentheses next to the item.

(I like the idea of the farm, but I am thinking we get rid of it, so there are less buildings to fly to planets making it easier on us and also simpler in the long run.)

colony: costs 5 gives 2 (max: 8) (I can see some boost in this, so it makes it a bit less painful to build)

City: costs 10 gives 6 (max 1 on laythe) (The huge strength of this is it makes it so you can build 4 factories, however I can see you adding some more income. Also there is no reason why it should be destroyed. These are still civilians)

science buildings: cost 18 (I think it should start awesome at first and then nose dive to being terrible, because there is a lot of science to get. Tough maybe the rate should be changed?)

Give: 15 13 12 10 9 7 4 1 (made it dive down a bit more early on)

factory: cost 10 gives 5 (1 factory per colony, or 4 factories per city) (you do have ti build colonies and cities to build these.

mine: cost 16 gives 8 (needs 2 factories per, and can be built only on rocky surface) (these are rather limited buildings, so I think they should cost a bit less.)

I like the idea of longer to turn profit to add more to the risk vs. reward part of the game.

Remember, we will all be starting with like 3 planets!

I was thinking more like 40BP so we can build ships.

That or maybe start with:

A farm (if we keep the building)

A colony

A factory

+20BP for ships.

Edited by StrahmDude

I am back guys, sorry i was so inactive for such a long time.
still alave here!

\o/

Also yes, after we finish fixing the number I plan on starting a practice game where we will do simulation battles first to test our ships and fix it's problems, then jump into a actual game, so we can look for overpowered stuff, then we will start the actual game. Record and post everything as you see fit.

There is no server yet, but there should be one soon.

First let's start giving reasons in a separate parentheses next to the item.

(I like the idea of the farm, but I am thinking we get rid of it, so there are less buildings to fly to planets making it easier on us and also simpler in the long run.)

colony: costs 5 gives 2 (max: 8) (I can see some boost in this, so it makes it a bit less painful to build)

City: costs 10 gives 6 (max 1 on laythe) (The huge strength of this is it makes it so you can build 4 factories, however I can see you adding some more income. Also there is no reason why it should be destroyed. These are still civilians)

science buildings: cost 18 (I think it should start awesome at first and then nose dive to being terrible, because there is a lot of science to get. Tough maybe the rate should be changed?)

Give: 15 13 12 10 9 7 4 1 (made it dive down a bit more early on)

factory: cost 10 gives 5 (1 factory per colony, or 4 factories per city) (you do have to build colonies and cities to build these.

mine: cost 16 gives 8 (needs 2 factories per, and can be built only on rocky surface) (these are rather limited buildings, so I think they should cost a bit less.)

I like the idea of longer to turn profit to add more to the risk vs. reward part of the game.

Remember, we will all be starting with like 3 planets!

I was thinking more like 40BP so we can build ships.

That or maybe start with:

A farm (if we keep the building)

A colony

A factory

+20BP for ships.

I completely forgot about ships, yeah we should give some BP for ships, i think we should give everyone 40 BP instead of starting out with some buildings (giving the player the freedom to choose what he wants to do with his money).

As for nixing the farm for simplicity, i think its a bad idea, if we should get rid of anything it should be the city.

The tweaks in the numbers look good(the mine idea especially)

What do you think about having a truce in the beginning of the game?

I completely forgot about ships, yeah we should give some BP for ships, i think we should give everyone 40 BP instead of starting out with some buildings (giving the player the freedom to choose what he wants to do with his money).

As for nixing the farm for simplicity, i think its a bad idea, if we should get rid of anything it should be the city.

A truce at the beginning of the game makes sense from a fairness stand point. We'll need to find a way to justify it story wise though.

Also two ideas that struck me

1) what if we had convoys of supplies that we ship back to kerbin to sell to the kerbals there, this would give us BP(this would provide something to ambush and fight over)

Would this be too complicated? let me know

2) what is the objective of this, the end goal of our corps? Does it depend on who we are, like there could be Choninja trying to destroy everyone else? delfiler trying to have the most amount of BPs at the end of the game?

(this idea is based solely off the character you have elected to play)

A truce at the beginning of the game makes sense from a fairness stand point. We'll need to find a way to justify it story wise though.

After the great hanlan-spirit-wolf conflict the kerbin police made everyone sign a treaty promising not to fight, however this treaty will expire

Edited by xgu28
typo

After the great hanlan, spirit-wolf conflict the kerbin police made everyone sign a treaty promising not to fight, however this treaty will expire

Great idea! I love it. Also, not to be that guy but I just don't think buildings are very practical. Maybe good in theory but I have doubts it will work in practice.

Great idea! I love it. Also, not to be that guy but I just don't think buildings are very practical. Maybe good in theory but I have doubts it will work in practice.

What then do you propose then if buildings aren't going to work?

We can always test and see what does and doesn't work in the actual game, if buildings don't work in our testing then we don't have to use them in the actual game.

What then do you propose then if buildings aren't going to work?

We can always test and see what does and doesn't work in the actual game, if buildings don't work in our testing then we don't have to use them in the actual game.

I think it's going to be lag city if we do all the buildings and such.

maybe we should change the numbers so we need less buildings, again all of this will be put to test in testing

- - - Updated - - -

We need to come up with a better way to limit the size of our fleets

i agree, but how, do you have any suggestions?

By the way, for the building, I meant one for each planet. Also the city is to make layth a awesome planet. Let me clerify on it. IT CAN ONLY BE BUILT ON LAYTH. That info may have been lost in the many replies.

Also yes, the 40 should give us a better starting fleet. I don't like slow starts.

1) what if we had convoys of supplies that we ship back to kerbin to sell to the kerbals there, this would give us BP(this would provide something to ambush and fight over)

Would this be too complicated? let me know

2) what is the objective of this, the end goal of our corps? Does it depend on who we are, like there could be Choninja trying to destroy everyone else? delfiler trying to have the most amount of BPs at the end of the game?

(this idea is based solely off the character you have elected to play)

1) Add some sort of ship that you would have to fly there and back to ship supplies is a interesting idea. It could get annoying, but we could use that to decide when you get those precious BP. That way, everything else will just happen in real time.

2) The goal is to become a monopoly. To get all the BP. To crush your competitors and make the most money. The standard goals of a company.

IT only loads them when they are withing 1km, so as long as we space out our building, it should be fine. There is also a limit to the buildings.

For fleet limit, I was thinking a max of 1 orbital defence, 1 carrier, 1 supercarrier, 1 battleship, 1 cruser, as many fighters as the carrier can carry within reason (No covering the outside with docking ports), and like 4 frigate/as many a supercarrier can carry within reason (No covering the outside with docking ports).

Then we can test how many extra ships we can add until our groups worst pc can't handle it. By the way, this won't stop people from having a second fleet waiting to come in after the battle.

For fleet limit, I was thinking a max of 1 orbital defence, 1 carrier, 1 supercarrier, 1 battleship, 1 cruser, as many fighters as the carrier can carry within reason (No covering the outside with docking ports), and like 4 frigate/as many a supercarrier can carry within reason (No covering the outside with docking ports).

Then we can test how many extra ships we can add until our groups worst pc can't handle it. By the way, this won't stop people from having a second fleet waiting to come in after the battle.

Great idea! To quote Star Wars: "A fighter that size couldn't get this deep into space on its own." XD

I think we should treat it as a courtesy fleet point system.

supercarrier is 3

Carrier is 2

battleship is 2

cruiser is 1

Each fleet will get 8 points to start with and then we can test to see just how big that number can get.

Indeed. That way you can't have too many ships with large part counts

I think we should treat it as a courtesy fleet point system.

supercarrier is 3

Carrier is 2

battleship is 2

cruiser is 1

Each fleet will get 8 points to start with and then we can test to see just how big that number can get.

This was exactly the sort of system i had in mind, also maybe this point system should dictate the number of ships in the fight not necessarily the number of total ships, i think your infrastructure should determine that

This was exactly the sort of system i had in mind, also maybe this point system should dictate the number of ships in the fight not necessarily the number of total ships, i think your infrastructure should determine that

We are talking about only in a single battle. Like I mentioned, you can have a second fleet waiting by as reinforcements and can come in on their turn, or wait to start a second attack, but that is the limit per person per battle.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.