[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

Fighting through database errors. I love these forums. Anyway... it's up on KerbalStuff.

kerbinside037promo.jpg

Change log:

- Added a number of ocean-vessels that are launch locations, including a carrier! Credit: Eskandare

- Added some new water-launch locations. Credit: Eskandare

- Added a Bio-dome to the North Pole station.

- Added terraced housing, commercial estates, apartment blocks, petrol stations and lots more urban detail to the KSC and other locations on Kerbin.

- Added more detail to coastal locations, including bay walls, marinas and boat launches.

- Added a boat-launch to KSC Island.

- Added warning beacons to some of the towers and fuel depots.

- Some of the radar stations now have an FX.

- Added more lights, flashing warning beacons and other details to some airfields.

- Added more lights and other details to barracks and houses.

- The helipad on top of KSC's VAB is now a launch location.

- Added several new helipad and rocket launch locations. Some will be expanded in a future release. Some may be withdrawn.

- Added more crowd-sourced base blurbs. Credit: Spacepetscompany

- Included latest version of Kerbal Konstructs. Credit: medsouz

Just Installed Kerbinside 0.37 No Button to choose where the launchsite to select,No runway facilities in 0.25. No Nothing,do not see any kerbinside Buildings.

Mods:Kerbinside w/medsouz Nasamission,and squad thats it,Fasa didnt Like kerbinside so i removed fasa. Im On Normal mode on my safe,so its destructible buildings. Ill give you more information if needed! :)

Edited by Guest

Just Installed Kerbinside 0.37 No Button to choose where the launchsite to select,No runway facilities in 0.25. No Nothing,do not see any kerbinside Buildings.

Mods:Kerbinside w/medsouz Nasamission,and squad thats it,Fasa didnt Like kerbinside so i removed fasa. Im On Normal mode on my safe,so its destructible buildings. Ill give you more information if needed! :)

Are you on a Mac/Linux computer?

I just thought of something awesome and extremely useful though I'm not sure if you plan on implementing this.

Would it be at all possible to work with a different modder (Say Karbonite or another mod with map icons) and make map view display what places are are added where? This would make searching through the forum map a thing of the past ;).

I can't wait to reinstall some of these.... when ATM updates. /sigh

I just took the folders for each specific ship and added them to the 24.2 Kerbinside folder (I have a bunch of mods that I'm sure won't work with .25, so I'm holding off on updating until all of the mods are also brought up to date).

Only problem is that the aircraft carrier doesn't show up.

Now make them explode! Especially the aircraft carrier!!!!

We'll see what we can do. First there has to be an animation trigger available. Then we have to model an exploding animation for the model and there also has to be a way to repair the damage. This may be a feature off in the future. At that point I hope to have hilarious toilets, bathtubs, life boats and a sinking animation. But right now is learning how it all got put together.

I just took the folders for each specific ship and added them to the 24.2 Kerbinside folder (I have a bunch of mods that I'm sure won't work with .25, so I'm holding off on updating until all of the mods are also brought up to date).

Only problem is that the aircraft carrier doesn't show up.

Be warned there are several textures and the carrier mu file that all need to be in one folder. I recommend keeping my folder/file structure. Without details I cannot help you.

Edit: I've tested the models in both .24 and in .25, so they should show up.

Edit 2: be sure the EHI_flatlaunch is where it should be. That is the spawn point for the carrier. The carrier has 5 launch points. Two temporary ones on the aircraft lifts and one in each of the three takeoff positions.

Edited by Eskandare

Be warned there are several textures and the carrier mu file that all need to be in one folder. I recommend keeping my folder/file structure. Without details I cannot help you.

Yup. I've just uploaded the Oceania pack separately so I'd suggest grabbing that. Unlike other KerbinSide textures and models, Oceania needs to have the folder structure retained and not merged. Just copy the contents of the Oceania pack in GameData in the zip to the GameData folder of your 24.2 install and you should be okay - it's still rooted to KerbinSide.

This mod appears to have an incompatibility with Umbraspaceindustries mods. It's weird-whenever this mod is installed (JUST Kerbinside! Kerbal Konstructs is fine.) the game crashes upon load finish.

Edited by Tangle

No one saw my comment on the last page ;.;.

Sorry chap, I didn't directly answer this because similar requests have been made a few times. It's answered in the FAQ. It's an excellent idea but I can't do it. I'd suggest dropping in to the Scansat and Karbonite threads and pitching the idea there.

This mod appears to have an incompatibility with a portion of the Umbraspaceindustries mods. I'll try removing them and placing them in a backup folder to find which.

Need more info chap. I can't see how KerbinSide could be incompatible with a plugin since it has no code. Are you sure it isn't Kerbal Konstructs that's 'incompatible'?

This mod appears to have an incompatibility with Umbraspaceindustries mods. It's weird-whenever this mod is installed (JUST Kerbinside! Kerbal Konstructs is fine.) the game crashes upon load finish.

Odd, I haven't seen any problems. Post your output file and one of us should take a look.

Need more info chap. I can't see how KerbinSide could be incompatible with a plugin since it has no code. Are you sure it isn't Kerbal Konstructs that's 'incompatible'?

(i know right)

With Kerbal Konstructs and none of the Kerbinside mods installed, it runs perfectly-USI works.

When I put on oceania, it just crashes after game loadup.

(i know right)

With Kerbal Konstructs and none of the Kerbinside mods installed, it runs perfectly-USI works.

That shouldn't happen. Like Ash said, we need more info.

(i know right)

Can you send me your KSP.log after a crash?

No one saw my comment on the last page ;.;.

Is this what you're looking for?

2014-09-26_20-41-30.png

Edited by medsouz

(i know right)

Does it reach the main menu? and how much ram is being used by ksp without kerbinside installed?