[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

Yep, that's fixed it. Didn't even realise it wasn't the latest version, derp! Thanks for the help and make that 1000th post a good one ;)

I tried to do 999 as spam. So, erm, yeah. This is a reply. What you said :)

That's what's doing it. Since I have no idea what TR actually does (other than it's something similar to ATM) and have zero idea where to even begin to make KK and KerbinSide compatible, that leaves me with one recourse; KerbinSide isn't compatible with TextureReplacer.

Hmmm, odd... I'll have to double check my settings. All the positioning is wrong on mine, two buildings were partially merged. Just very odd.

Additionally, for those who want Remote Tech 2 support and too lazy to crash stuff into antennae to get the coordinates, here is my RT2 base station list.

GroundStations
{
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
Name = Mission Control
Latitude = -0.131331503391266
Longitude = -74.594841003418
Height = 75
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc501
Name = Tracking Station 2
Latitude = 78.608117
Longitude = 147.491623
Height = 2817.58
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc502
Name = Tracking Station 3
Latitude = 20.45392
Longitude = -78.093832
Height = 3684.54
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc503
Name = Tracking Station 4
Latitude = 20.986161
Longitude = -117.304872
Height = 4204.48
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc504
Name = Tracking Station 5
Latitude = 14.733632
Longitude = -127.017657
Height = 2999.19
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc505
Name = Tracking Station 6
Latitude = 16.043645
Longitude = -156.864196
Height = 4704.55
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc506
Name = Tracking Station 7
Latitude = 3.329209
Longitude = -37.145679
Height = 2230.51
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc507
Name = KKVLA
Latitude = 10.3559
Longitude = 227.3936
Height = 430.0
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 10.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc508
Name = Arakebo
Latitude = 8.2517
Longitude = 179.4219
Height = 430.0
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 25.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc509
Name = Kosmodrome
Latitude = 0.138
Longitude = 217.1527
Height = 430.0
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
}

So, how do i get this code into my game to get more RT sites? sorry i'm not super at modding

Version 1.1 of Kerbin-SideJobs is now available from KerbalStuff.

ksidejobsbanner.jpg

The contracts included will have you transporting kerbals to and between bases on Kerbin, often with a stop-off innnnn space!

There's also the first few missions of a 'campaign' involving ancient anomalies on Kerbin, with espionage and intrigue innnnn space!

You will need Contract Configurator.

It's highly recommended to also have KerbinSide installed otherwise the contracts of this pack will be utilising places on Kerbin that don't actually exist. Which would make you sad :(

Edited by AlphaAsh

Congratulations on the new release! I'm definitely getting this along with Station contracts. Just as soon as I can get a stable install.

Speaking of which, now that you've got the awesome contracts out, could I put a request in? I'm sure I can't be the only one who's suffering from the awful memory addressing of Unity at this point, and KerbinSide is - and fair enough to it - by far my largest memory hog. I get about ten to fifteen scene changes, if that. And I really would like to have B9 and KAX to make designing aircraft for these contracts more useful! I have ATM installed and D3D11/OpenGL modes aren't really an option. Are there any measures at all that you can take to bring down the memory use of KerbinSide? I know it's a big ask.

... And I really would like to have B9 and KAX ... Are there any measures at all that you can take to bring down the memory use of KerbinSide? I know it's a big ask.

KAX is a very good choice. Firespitter, which KAX uses, has some good parts in it but I tend to trim that down alot. I fly aircraft a lot in KSP and have resisted even a trimmed down B9 (last time I used full B9 was back in 0.24 maybe).

I have a few things I'm planning on doing with the next KerbinSide to see if I can optimise it further for performance but realistically, only cutting down the number of assets (so cutting models) is going to really make much difference to KSP's RAM footprint. UV mapping and texture atlases might reduce draw-calls but that will only help alleviate video lag.

I can't believe how much progress you've made since that first release! When I get around to actually playing KSP instead of thinking about it/talking about it/modding it this will be the first mod I install.

Understood. I suppose by its very nature a detailed mod has a minimum RAM footprint. Any reduction that doesn't compromise on quality is a good one but I wouldn't ask anyone to bust their backside for megabytes.

Understood. I suppose by its very nature a detailed mod has a minimum RAM footprint. Any reduction that doesn't compromise on quality is a good one but I wouldn't ask anyone to bust their backside for megabytes.

It is very much a Catch 22 with this particular mod. From a player's perspective, it's things like textures and amount on screen that is considered RAM eaters, when in reality the biggest chunk is consumed by the models. KerbinSide has a lot of models. Obviously there is a saving to be had from textures becoming redundant if models are cut but I actually re-use textures across all the models to save on the overall RAM footprint of the textures. And I have compromised heavily on their quality for the sake of memory.

There's also a common misconception that somehow UV maps and texture atlases (which I don't use) will consume less RAM than individual textures per material on a model. That's actually not the case. It is a tiny saving to be made there and not worth the extra dev time. It does have an impact on the number of draw-calls made of the GPU but again, the concerns for video performance are over-stated IMHO. Yes, .... poor low end GPUs will struggle. But that's the case with all games.

I have lots of reasons for not wanting to UV map the models. The main one being I could never be as productive as I have been if I did.

Edited by AlphaAsh

So...I'm having an issue I hope someone could help me with...

I downloaded and installed the All in 1 pack, and when I went in to the SPH, most of the menu buttons were black, and the hanger itself was....for lack of a better term, mostly invisible. I could only see the kerbals running around and the scaffolding thats inside the hanger. Everything else was gone. The doors, the walls, the roof, everything. ALl the menus worked as far as I could tell, but they were all black.

I installed correctly as far as I can tell, but I'm not sure what could be the issue....I'm not running ATM or any texture mods. The only other mods I have are Firespitter, KAX, and KAS and KIS. Thats pretty much it at the moment. However, the second I un-installed it, everything went back to normal. I'm assuming its on my end but I have no idea where...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to try out this mod so badly...I fly planes pretty much ALL the time now and would LOVE some more runways and such around Kerbin, formore places to land and such. :(

HOW can i add my own custom statics to this? i want some siple things like smaller thinner road segments, simplr houses, some stunt stuff, looking to make a kinda stunt city by ksc but would like to use custom models, as i am good at 3d modeling

- - - Updated - - -

is it as simple as adding odel .mu's to the statics folder?

is it as simple as adding odel .mu's to the statics folder?

The model will need a config. Have a look at the .cfg files that come with KerbinSide. You're going to need one of those for each model.

I know that this has probably been asked a billion times, but do have any idea if building destructabillity will be in the next update?

It won't be. I haven't the foggiest how to.

The model will need a config. Have a look at the .cfg files that come with KerbinSide. You're going to need one of those for each model.

It won't be. I haven't the foggiest how to.

Well, is it planned for any future release?

Well, is it planned for any future release?

Nope, sorry. If A - I decide to spend some time on figuring out how to do it and B - figure out how to do it then I will or won't do it depending on how much work is involved and whether I think it's worth it.

If you figure out how to do it, please share.

I just wanted to share my Active Texture Manager configs for Kerbin Side and Kerbal Konstructs. I spent a while beating my head on a wall, when I wasn't able to locate an existing one, and spent a while getting it right. The issue I was having was missing or black base icons on the map. The configs go in GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/ . If any issues pop up, I can try to take a look.

KerbinSide.cfg

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = KerbinSide
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
KerbinSide/Parts/Static/boatlaunchIcon
{
compress = false
mipmaps = false
scale = 1