[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

AlphaAsh, do you suppose you can add a set of piers to the KSC? Because this way we can have an actual landing point for yachts and boats near the KSC!

There are some already - various marinas and jetties.

Are there any plans to allow the ground stations to work with RemoteTech?

If so then will the ground stations be available in sandbox? Currently they are only accessible in career.

Thanks.

They will integrate with the new communication networks in 1.1, perhaps RT will integrate with that somehow. I don't believe there's a way to dynamically add/remove tracking stations in RT during a game.

Are there any plans to allow the ground stations to work with RemoteTech?

No. See the FAQ in the OP.

If so then will the ground stations be available in sandbox? Currently they are only accessible in career.

Probably after KSP 1.1. I want to integrate the new stuff coming in that first. However, getting operational stations in Sandbox is probably a very quick job so I may do that sooner.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe there's a way to dynamically add/remove tracking stations in RT during a game.

It probably is doable, according to an earlier poster. I'm not doing it and suggested the poster did. He/she has not responded to that suggestion. (I don't like back-seat modding. If you want something, claim to know how to do it, then bloody do it yourself.)

- - - Updated - - -

There are some already - various marinas and jetties.

Not at the KSC specifically though.

It's not hard to do this yourself with KK's editor though Rehty77. There's some good tutorials linked in the OP of the Kerbal Konstructs thread. Take a look at the second post of that thread to get some guidance on using the editing tools. It's a little out-dated but should still apply.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Can i download the bases and turn off the 'launch from' thing?

If by 'launch from' thing you mean the Launchsite Selector, in the VAB and SPH after bringing the window up by hitting the KK button in the appbar, you hit the button again and it's turned off. Also clicking the red X at the top right hand corner of the Launchsite Selector turns it off.

From the FAQ in the first post of this thread:

Q - The icons in the tracking station and map are just little black squares.

A - There's two other mods that can cause this. ActiveTextureManager and TextureReplacer. If you have the former installed, you can find a fix in the first post of this thread. If it's the latter, then sorry, no known fix. Please let the TextureReplacer devs know about it.

Well I would like to inform you, that tis fix is now outdates and here is the reason why..

I was wondering where the icons were when I installed the Active Texture Management and I went though everything and in fact I found the reason as to why this no longer works..

If you look at this part of the code for the ATM configuration, and I'll hilight the part of the code that is causing this issue

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = KerbinSide
enabled = true

OVERRIDES
{
[B][U]KerbinSide/Parts/Static/.*Icon.*[/U][/B]
{
compress = false
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
make_not_readable = false
}
}

}

And here is where the problem lies..

I went into the lates version of the Kerbinside 1.0.4 code and found there is no Parts folder.. ergo since this is no longer in there, that particular line can not nor doesnot work.

So I'll put this out for both you and the ATM guys to figure out.. that way the Black Squares of the Icons that should work in Kerbinside will work in future updates..

Hopw this helps solve the problem for the black squares once and for all..

Space_Coyote

Edited by Space_Coyote

I'm having a bit of trouble with Kerbinside: I recently installed it and, on my first test run, I selected Everkrest as my launch site, all seemed fine until physics load-in, when the screen went black except for the UI, and the g-force indicator went first to 6G, then straight to 15G, all this without me touching a single key. I attempted to revert to the SPH and then all I got was a view of space, with the KSC nowhere in sight, and when I re-loaded the save and I got the space again. Any Ideas??

That bug is usually the result of invalid (nan) values when applying physics forces. Probably not anything to do with Kerbinside. As often as not, that bug only happens once and isn't reproducible. If you keep getting it then it's maybe worth investigating.

I'm having a bit of trouble with Kerbinside: I recently installed it and, on my first test run, I selected Everkrest as my launch site, all seemed fine until physics load-in, when the screen went black except for the UI, and the g-force indicator went first to 6G, then straight to 15G, all this without me touching a single key. I attempted to revert to the SPH and then all I got was a view of space, with the KSC nowhere in sight, and when I re-loaded the save and I got the space again. Any Ideas??
That bug is usually the result of invalid (nan) values when applying physics forces. Probably not anything to do with Kerbinside. As often as not, that bug only happens once and isn't reproducible. If you keep getting it then it's maybe worth investigating.

Yep. You need to reproduce that first, otherwise KSP had a brain-fart, carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

When i load of the KSC menu from the main menu, the game crashes, any help?

Nope.

Is there an HD map of where the bases are?
Has anyone released an out of game map with the Kerbinside bases on it?

I used to do one using scansat but discontinued it once the map view icons were working. Feel free to do one and I'll hook it up in the OP.

Is there any way we can get this post stickied rather than the current one concerning RT2? It is FAR more complete: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82785-0-90-Kerbin-Side-v0-41-Go-For-Multi-Launch!?p=1628784#post1628784

No, I'm quite happy with what's linked.

I love this series of mods, love the possibilities they open up, but I'm having issues with Kerbal Knostructs and Kerbiside Core. I hit Ctrl+K, and the editor screen looks fine, but hitting the Spawn New button throws the camera out of whack, affecting map view and the KSC screen. Tested on both Kerbin and Minmus. Any suggestions? (I'll admit I do use a ton of mods, but I always have done with your mods and they've always worked fine.)

Won't deny it gives you some nice effects though.

o9oibbC.png

I love this series of mods, love the possibilities they open up, but I'm having issues with Kerbal Knostructs and Kerbiside Core. I hit Ctrl+K, and the editor screen looks fine, but hitting the Spawn New button throws the camera out of whack, affecting map view and the KSC screen. Tested on both Kerbin and Minmus. Any suggestions? (I'll admit I do use a ton of mods, but I always have done with your mods and they've always worked fine.)

Won't deny it gives you some nice effects though.

http://i.imgur.com/o9oibbC.png

That does look a little odd, yep :P Can you reproduce the issue for me, with DebugMode = True in the KK config and the let me have the KSP.log please? That might give me something to go on.

DebugMode will lag your game but you can set it back to False after you've finished.

EDIT - Studied your image a little more. That looks a lot like the PQS quad (the section of the planet's terrain) not being rendered properly. This happens when the camera is asked to focus on an object that is outside the currently loaded PQS quad.

There's nothing I've been able to do about that. Always have a craft or kerbal near the objects you're working with and take control of that before using the KK editor. The All Instances tab of the Statics Editor is mostly for reference due to this limitation.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Thanks for looking at this for me AlphaAsh. Although I don't think it was exactly what you thought - because each time I've done it exactly where a Kerbal has been stood, I just tried to recreate it and it's working now. And wow. Much improved. This is gonna give me HOURS of awesome. Thanks again for putting so much into it.

Just had a save file corrupting crash when trying to launch a sounding rocket (Umbra Space Industries) from Central lakes via Kerbal Construction Time. During a previous session I had used this site for a successful launch. This time, however, in addition to having Central Lakes selected as the launch site in the VAB I also had used the Kerbal Construction Time pop-up menu to designate this launch site.

A copy of the log file is saved and available.

Just had a save file corrupting crash when trying to launch a sounding rocket (Umbra Space Industries) from Central lakes via Kerbal Construction Time. During a previous session I had

used this site for a successful launch. This time, however, in addition to having Central Lakes selected as the launch site in the VAB I also had used the Kerbal Construction Time pop-up menu to designate this launch site.

A copy of the log file is saved and available.

magico13 has only recently been trying to integrate KCT with Kerbal Konstructs. He'd probably appreciate the bug report. Just with a bit more to go on.

This mod bugs with Kerbal Galaxy :/ when both are used at the same time, the Icons of other stations will just go floating off into space. probaly has something to do with the sun also being a moving object instead of being fixed.

Assuming you mean KerbalGalaxy 2 this is one of a kazillion planet packs/solar system mods, none of which KerbinSide, and probably Kerbal Konstructs, works with. Since Kerbal Konstructs places static objects at set positions on stock terrain, it's not surprising. I'm afraid there'll be no attempt to be compatible with such mods.

Edited by AlphaAsh